What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Tempest Noone can stop it!!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
he certainly is more pressure, but his 11 into either 3 or f2 is a 50/50 in my eyes, even though there are holes, just because he doesn't revolve around a vortex doesnt mean its not effective in the match up, mainly because you are taking a big risk using cyclone to armor out as its very unsafe.
Going by that logic then KLs F2d3 and F2 B2 must be a true mix up then huh?

Clampa_

Learn from this.
Going by that logic then KLs F2d3 and F2 B2 must be a true mix up then huh?
Yea it is a true mixup, might have holes, but the point is jc's leads to re stand after every successful opening where he can rinse and repeat until you guess right, as in a vortex.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yea it is a true mixup, might have holes, but the point is jc's leads to re stand after every successful opening where he can rinse and repeat until you guess right, as in a vortex.
But if you know how to fight JC there is no guessing it's not a true 50/50 as a true 50/50 means you are literally guessing OH and Low with no other factors when with JC you can fussy block it all day. It's not a vortex

And I'm betting no credible played will agree it's a true vortex, JC is one of the least mix up chars in this game by far

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
he certainly is more pressure, but his 11 into either 3 or f2 is a 50/50 in my eyes in the same way batgirl had stagger strings into her low/overheads, even though there are holes, just because he doesn't revolve around a vortex doesnt mean its not effective in the match up, mainly because you are taking a big risk using cyclone to armor out as its very unsafe.
If u do a f2 after 11 cyclone will rape you, I learned the hard way. And yeah I see your points, and they are good ones. The reset is very useful, and that's why I love it so much. The nut punch is essential to Johnny's game plan.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
he certainly is more pressure, but his 11 into either 3 or f2 is a 50/50 in my eyes in the same way batgirl had stagger strings into her low/overheads, even though there are holes, just because he doesn't revolve around a vortex doesnt mean its not effective in the match up, mainly because you are taking a big risk using cyclone to armor out as its very unsafe.
I'm almost sure that when you're put into a vortex, you are forced to guess a 50/50. 11, f2 can be fuzzy guarded easily so its not a true vortex.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So sub actually wins against lao?
I'd say GM Sub goes fairly even against Tempest, Buzzsaw would have been the go to choice according to F0xy but he had another moment like he did at EVO and played it out when he knew he should have switched up.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'd say GM Sub goes fairly even against Tempest, Buzzsaw would have been the go to choice according to F0xy but he had another moment like he did at EVO and played it out when he knew he should have switched up.
Thanks for explaining, please forgive my ignorance on Lao.

DT Tundra

Steam Name:Tundra_Arctos Twitter: @tundraarctos
I can see the perspective, I just don't share it. Assuming the Clone makes up for the massive advantage Lao has in the neutral, and as such leaves them on equal footing/footsies in the neutral (which is a reach IMO but we'll give it to him), then Lao still wins out heavily on damage, as well as having better armour, AA, air-to-air/air-to-ground, faster advancing strings, INSANELY better oki and pressure. Sub-Zero does have a couple of options Lao doesn't but it just isn't enough considering how heavily he converts from ALL the advantages he has.

I also agree that multiple characters go even with Tempest, especially after the latest patch. However, I do not believe that GM is one of them at all.
Another thing to consider is that orbital hat collides with the clone,which in itself is a pretty good advantage for Lao,on top of the other things you listed. I believe this match-up goes in Lao's favor.