What's new

Nooby question about forward 4 ground skull.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
i've been trying to do wiff poke setups but everyone seems to know its coming. In the situations where its possible to punish a wiffed poke my opp doesn't have a reason not to just walk back, Block or jump

Though Certain players that don't know the MU might get got off guard
-

Would like to hear what setups you are using if you are having consistent success with them
It is MU dependent, which is why it is tricky to use it often. The most Obvious is F+3 to punish them for poking or waiting. I find that I have most success If I walk back a couple of steps (try not to dash back) and do another ss or close GS. If they have a really fast normal, then your best bet is to stand still and D+3 to catch them while they advance forward. And yea lol, people love to jump after a blocked SS so you can obviously punish that. The key is to know what you are going to do immediately after the SS, otherwise your spacing and advantage will be wasted.

LEGEND

YES!
It is MU dependent, which is why it is tricky to use it often. The most Obvious is F+3 to punish them for poking or waiting. I find that I have most success If I walk back a couple of steps (try not to dash back) and do another ss or close GS. If they have a really fast normal, then your best bet is to stand still and D+3 to catch them while they advance forward. And yea lol, people love to jump after a blocked SS so you can obviously punish that. The key is to know what you are going to do immediately after the SS, otherwise your spacing and advantage will be wasted.
the best two i have are F434-cGS BBF34 and F4/D4-SS BB2. Though the B2 one is weird

i hate using F3 by itself, i cringe every time it wiffs
-
F4 and D4 SS is something im really trying to add to my game since A) it can't be interrupted and B) it creates spacing that can have its advantage in certain situations

and you can do gimmicky things like F4-SS , D4-Ex upskull vs characters that try to jab out of F4 pressure

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
lol yea, I love my upskull gimmicks. And I know what you mean about F+3; it is really bad if you miss. Your are right about the SS off of normals too. It becomes necessary when somebody learns the mu. Right now I am trying to figure out what works best against certain characters with ss spacing.

Espio

Kokomo
Just an update, but I love Shang Tsung <3. I feel a lot more confident with him on day 3. Looking forward to testing him in that big tourney :)

Thanks for the help everyone.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Punish with what after a blocked SS?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
i never heard anything about this. No wonder everyone was picking up new mains. Who going to stream this and what day?
I asked Chi if he could help stream some of the matches, and he said yea, but he might join in kinda late cause he said hes gonna be spending some time with his son Saturday evening. The tourney starts at 7 est. I will try to record some matches too, so that means some people will have to make 3 man koths so I can join in and record them.

Just press Down up really fast after the f4
It will negitive edge you a cgs cancel automatically.
After you get that down you should never use f434 ever again. Most cases the string won't completely connect on pressure and the 3 and 4 will whiff alot and that's no good. Also f4 cgs is pretty decent AA and if you catch someone trying to cross up it blows em up instead of leaving you with pisssss!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sir, we dont need that nonsense around here. Smoke has by far the worse class of the mk characters. He constantly has fumes emitting from his body. That isnt stylish or classy in my book.
He has the most beautiful hair out of any character in the game, and those are not fumes...they are obviously some sort of automatic cologne system that he had built to make sure he always smells good while working up a sweat during Kombat. Thus he is actually the best smelling in addition to having the best hair.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
shangs one of my secondaries and i have the same problem.i cannot for the life of me get it down regularly but this thread has helped me think of new ways to try so thanks guys.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
He has the most beautiful hair out of any character in the game, and those are not fumes...they are obviously some sort of automatic cologne system that he had built to make sure he always smells good while working up a sweat during Kombat. Thus he is actually the best smelling in addition to having the best hair.
you make a strong arguement sir !!