What's new

Noobs EX Portal Bug

Umm....yeah ur supposed to...u know thats why there different inputs for it. You know how it says enhanced close portal and enhanced far portal.

I mean you can read can't u?
Huh wow your actually right! What is this blasphemy -_-, they lied to us :(. Then again cyrax doesn't enhance all his bombs and get different results does he ;)

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
yeah i never thought of this as a bug personally. seemed intentional on the developers part. itd be cool if we could control the portal though.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Huh wow your actually right! What is this blasphemy -_-, they lied to us :(. Then again cyrax doesn't enhance all his bombs and get different results does he ;)
No but its the way ex bomb is made to work. Its a sticky bomb tht hooks onto your opponent and blows up. Portals are meant to be thrown in 3 places even in ex mode.

Whats the point of having 3 inputs for ex portal for the different distances but they all land in 1 place.

I mean if they fixxed this problem they'd give noob more diversity with his meter usage game.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
give noob a buff NRS make his teleport slam a pop up and he's top tier :D
Anyway, i agree with hito, ive been wondering y his ex portals have different inputs but the same result. I guess the bug/error here would be the moves list

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Imo the portals should give full stun for combo. there one of the hardest moves to land and yet they have such a small window for combo.

On a side note, i actually managed to tele slam someone through a portal before, has this happened to anyone else?

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
Imo the portals should give full stun for combo. there one of the hardest moves to land and yet they have such a small window for combo.

On a side note, i actually managed to tele slam someone through a portal before, has this happened to anyone else?
yeah they should stun so u get a free combo after suffering so much to land one.

what do u mean tele them through portal?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
yeah they should stun so u get a free combo after suffering so much to land one.

what do u mean tele them through portal?
I did it by accident during a match with my friend, though im having trouble trying to recreate it in the lab.

Also can anyone confirm if a blocked slide kick is guaranteed after a tele slam? Ive been trying it and it appears it might be guaranteed. They dont have time to jump out of the way and i dont think they can do any EXwakeup attack after a tele slam, also if they stay on the ground the slide kick still hits them. sorry if this is old, im a noob newb. Though ive been doing some pretty crazy tag combos with him lately, nothing under 100%.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

Possibly a bug. OneBoxyRobot played sub-zero at NEC casuals and he got frozen by his own clone

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Possibly a bug. OneBoxyRobot played sub-zero at NEC casuals and he got frozen by his own clone
Yes! The Josh Box!
Me and josh99 were playing Sub Vs. Shang.
He regular Soul Stole me, so I threw an iAClone and he jumped into it.
I went to NJP, and got frozen in mid-punch. By my own fucking clone.

Teleslamming through a Portal isn't THE craziest thing possible, lol.

(I wanna find somebody at WB6 to try and re-create it with...)

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
I did it by accident during a match with my friend, though im having trouble trying to recreate it in the lab.

Also can anyone confirm if a blocked slide kick is guaranteed after a tele slam? Ive been trying it and it appears it might be guaranteed. They dont have time to jump out of the way and i dont think they can do any EXwakeup attack after a tele slam, also if they stay on the ground the slide kick still hits them. sorry if this is old, im a noob newb. Though ive been doing some pretty crazy tag combos with him lately, nothing under 100%.
i think they can wake up attack otherwise i would go in everytime after slam and pressure them. besides, slide is -21 on block and -5 on hit. seriously, wtf NRS were thinkin when they gave noob these normals.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i think they can wake up attack otherwise i would go in everytime after slam and pressure them. besides, slide is -21 on block and -5 on hit. seriously, wtf NRS were thinkin when they gave noob these normals.
boon is a troll noob is boons love child

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There's a whole bunch of crap wrong that needs fixing.
Man, you ain't kidding.

I'll say this...I've had an on-again-off-again hetero relationship with Noob since the game dropped...he was one of my mains in MKD, so I really wanted to get a handle on him, he was the 1'st guy I beat the game with, took to the lab to get fancy with, etc...I wanted a Cyrax Saibot team. I think the banner's still on my page, idk...but the more I got into it/started learning, and the more the patches starting altering the battlefield - armor, dashing, other characters' improvements, SHRINKING HIS UPKICK BOX, and so forth - I had no choice but to drop him. Hell, the whole basis of my buddyship with Mr. Shura is our mutual desire to see Noob become as awesome as he can be (and our hatred of Kabal), so...while he's certainly a viable character in certain situation, and he does have some very stiff strengths...almost every one of those strengths, up to and including this one concerning the Portals (which I agree should definitely be able to EX in any of the 3 placements, they're not like a Sektor missle or Shang Skulls where their EX versions are that dramatically different, it's the same move with an extra kick, so Idk why the hell they'd make it strictly overhead), it comes with an even more serious catch.
Amazing zoning keepaway tools = slow recovery, free for punishment, especially against now semi-invincible Wakeups.
Portal resets = certain characters can counter-attack/counter-zone HEAVILY thanks to said armor and Wakeups before Noob says boo.
Massive corner damage = has to rely on slow normals and Special recovery just to get you into said corner, and that's IF they don't have better means to get out than you have to put them in it. See: Raiden, Cyblax, Kung Lao, etc.

I'm not crying for buffs, don't get me wrong.
It just seems like Noob was built to be a living, breathing game of Russian Roulette, and it makes me sad.

Huh I just realized this name is exactly like another that or Noob mod made but more serious of a matter overall -__-.

Ex Portal Bug

Ok I was playing around in practice and thought it would be cool to B12xxEx Portal into NJP if they attempted to jump and what I found out was all the attacks I did while air born would wiff as if I'm not even touching you which is very disappointing and it seems that while in air the only way to land the hit is to wait for the Portal to disappear which really doesn't take that long but it is something I'm concerned about since you can get hit in the period of time but the opponent can't which is very unfair. JK wiffs, JP wiffs, NJP wiffs -__- I really don't feel like this is suppose to happen or that it was done on purpose. Well that's all hope I've enlightened you all to this problem!s

Thoughts?

What this vid shows! Thanks too: Trini_Bwoi

fr stack

try replacing the njp wit either standing 4 or a standing 1 or uppercut ders prob a nice solution u could find as well:)

well...you're not late but i didn't just make the vid
Well great xD I'm about to put your thx in the vid and more ppl need to know about this since it's the only bug with this type of game changing property that I can think of, it's total BS thought the community must know about it.

Everyday I take a step closer to quitting MK ~ Manical Trickz(Signed up 6 months ago) xD lol it's my new quote

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
A different bug needs to be fixed as well. I would do 1,2 Ex portal, my friend would jump towards me and i would try to njp and it wouldn't hit him. I tried it several times and it would whiff every single time. I even had him jump straight up after i did it and I would try to uppercut him and it would go right through him.

This is a different bug that needs to be fixed.

iroku

Noob
holy crap this is a huge bug !!! this means no baiting options for noob after the portal exept for upknee!!

fr stack

A different bug needs to be fixed as well. I would do 1,2 Ex portal, my friend would jump towards me and i would try to njp and it wouldn't hit him. I tried it several times and it would whiff every single time. I even had him jump straight up after i did it and I would try to uppercut him and it would go right through him.

This is a different bug that needs to be fixed.
have u tried a standing 1 ?? if dat doesnt even work dats pretty bullshit i usually just go for upknees out of muscle memory