What's new

Noobs EX Portal Bug

Hitoshura

Head Cage
well most of you probably know this already I just wanted to make it aware to the public so hopefully Paulo sees this and fixes the problem.

When noob executes the EX Portal no matter what direction he performs it in it will always land ontop of the opponent. This makes it harder 2 control space seeing how Portal is a great way to limit your opponents movement but its just to damn slow. Thats why we need Ex Portal to be fixed so we as Saibot players can control space a hell of a lot easier

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
So u want it to be like the normal version, meaning u choose where to land it?

I sincerely disagree, it's fine the way it Is to be honest.

When u said bug, I thought u were talkin about the njp after ex portal, it doesn't seem to connect I dunno why.

Whenever I do say, 1 2 ex portal and my opponent jumps I do like njp so it's like inescapable portal trap but the njp never connects even when I make physical contact it's not connecting which is irritating.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

When u said bug, I thought u were talkin about the njp after ex portal, it doesn't seem to connect I dunno why.

Whenever I do say, 1 2 ex portal and my opponent jumps I do like njp so it's like inescapable portal trap but the njp never connects even when I make physical contact it's not connecting which is irritating.
Are you trying to NJP them through the portal, because that would be so swag, im sure they cant be juggled into portals though so theres your issue.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

That made no sense just now. Like...wow. Why would the game give u EX inputs of all the directions of portal and they all land in the same spot. What sense does that make

Portal isnt just ment for resets it also used as a tool for controlling where your opponents movement. For example charcters who need to get in like jax or sonya. Zoning them with tackles and slide will work only so much b4 the anticipate it and start jumping at the right time....then what

Being able to use a faster version of portal and choose were it goes means that it will make matchups even easier. Or the hard one will become more manageable.

Thats another thing that needs to get fixed as well (the njp thingy)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i get dat njp glitch as well it seems it happens wen u njp too early after de portal ... also u can njp dem through portals it doesnt happen all de time though
i agree wit hito wen youve been playin noob for a good while u rly start to notice his short comings ive a major issue wit his upknee people shouldnt be able to cross u up while one is on de screen but it happens .. a lot

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
LoL at this^. This is some dirty tactic.
Anyway, I agree with Hitoshura, it would make more mindgame possibilities.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
i get dat njp glitch as well it seems it happens wen u njp too early after de portal ... also u can njp dem through portals it doesnt happen all de time though
i agree wit hito wen youve been playin noob for a good while u rly start to notice his short comings ive a major issue wit his upknee people shouldnt be able to cross u up while one is on de screen but it happens .. a lot
Thing was it used to be like that until the 1st patch of mk9. In that patch we got a few things

Pros:
. Input Buffer (aka MK9 Negative Edge) was reduced
This caused many characters including noobs bnbs not to drop as much
. Portals recovery was lessened
so we could block in time if we fucked the input up and so its easier tot throw them out
. You can special cancel portal off of most of his strings
This was the day his portal resets were born

Cons:
. Hitbox on shadow upknee was reduced
Due to the fact one could not crossup noob and was considered "unfair" lol

fr stack

Thing was it used to be like that until the 1st patch of mk9. In that patch we got a few things

Pros:
. Input Buffer (aka MK9 Negative Edge) was reduced
This caused many characters including noobs bnbs not to drop as much
. Portals recovery was lessened
so we could block in time if we fucked the input up and so its easier tot throw them out
. You can special cancel portal off of most of his strings
This was the day his portal resets were born

Cons:
. Hitbox on shadow upknee was reduced
Due to the fact one could not crossup noob and was considered "unfair" lol
and then they discovered cyrax lol

a_guardian_devil

Are you trying to NJP them through the portal, because that would be so swag, im sure they cant be juggled into portals though so theres your issue.
No I'm not tryin to njp through portal lol, I'm just trying to njp them.

You see, I use the ex portal as an illusion and force them to jump so the njp should be guaranteed, then I will do my normal combo like b2, 1,1 2 then whatever.

Even the jip doesn't connect, it's like when u aa them normally with 2 in the air then dash and go for the rest, why is this glitch?

This would help noob alot in mind games don't u think ;)

Hitoshura

Head Cage

You see, I use the ex portal as an illusion and force them to jump so the njp should be guaranteed, then I will do my normal combo like b2, 1,1 2 then whatever.

Even the jip doesn't connect, it's like when u aa them normally with 2 in the air then dash and go for the rest, why is this glitch?

you can do the same thing if they made it so you can aim EX portal like normal portal. You just have to think and do the right input. Just saying.

fr stack

if u try forget about de njp (muscle memory kills me sometimes ) an just do a upknee to clone or portal behind sure its less damage but its guaranteed ... which is nice 8)

a_guardian_devil

you can do the same thing if they made it so you can aim EX portal like normal portal. You just have to think and do the right input. Just saying.
Agree, u can do it with normal portals too but it's damn slow and gives them too much room to think.

I love it when ex portal comes out of no where in the middle of a string and they don't have much time to react except jumping lol there is where the njp or jip should connect!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Agree, u can do it with normal portals too but it's damn slow and gives them too much room to think.

I love it when ex portal comes out of no where in the middle of a string and they don't have much time to react except jumping lol there is where the njp or jip should connect!
No im saying if the problem is fixed that I mentioned on the first post that you can still do ur njp thing but youd have to input the right EX Portal command

If this bug was fixed..well both bugs we would both be happy in the end

a_guardian_devil

if u try forget about de njp (muscle memory kills me sometimes ) an just do a upknee to clone or portal behind sure its less damage but its guaranteed ... which is nice 8)
U mean ex upknee then behind portal? Yeah I stopped doin that coz I realized I'm spending two bars for shitty damage lol

Probably I'll stick to upknee then clone :/

Hitoshura

Head Cage
U mean ex upknee then behind portal? Yeah I stopped doin that coz I realized I'm spending two bars for shitty damage lol

....u realize it be one bar if you did ex upknee and regular behind portal and THIS HERE is a mindgame in itself. Wanna know how? Think about it....

a_guardian_devil

....u realize it be one bar if you did ex upknee and regular behind portal and THIS HERE is a mindgame in itself. Wanna know how? Think about it....
i was talking as an extention to my mix up game,

here how it goes, 1,2 ex portal (when the prick jumps ) ex upknee = two bars

if u do the regular portal this close to ur opponent yeah good luck they will combo the hell out of you.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Being able to control the Ex black holes placement would be nice, but I'm ok with how things are at the moment regarding Noobs portals.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Being able to control the Ex black holes placement would be nice, but I'm ok with how things are at the moment regarding Noobs portals.
u do realize that we are supposed to control were ex portal goes. Thats why there are different notations for each ex portal.

Why does no one understand this?

fr stack

heres an example 12 ex portal (they jump) regular upknee portal behind ( u now have several options ) they decide to jump forward to avoid clone u teleport instead
or
12 ex portal (they jump ) upknee to in front portal (they always expect behind portals ) so they jump into your gateway trying to avoid the portal trap
btw i just mean regular upknees they still do the same job as the ex

a_guardian_devil

heres an example 12 ex portal (they jump) regular upknee portal behind ( u now have several options ) they decide to jump forward to avoid clone u teleport instead
or
12 ex portal (they jump ) upknee to in front portal (they always expect behind portals ) so they jump into your gateway trying to avoid the portal trap
btw i just mean regular upknees they still do the same job as the ex
cool, i`ll keep that in mind, thanx!

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
You can connect a NJP anywhere and still have the portal re lift them. EX: blockstring 1,2 portal, NJP, (they must try to jump out) bam NJP again and you have your double NJP relift.