What's new

Question - Thunder God Noob Question about, Raiden's LRC !!

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
P.S. thanks yall for the help, im already doing the cancel consistently, but as someone already pointed out, i'm losing frames by doing F, F, then Blck, i need to lab so more i guess..... lel.... but thanks again !!!!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
lel.... nahh he's still my main, I'm just trying to cover some MUs... Kenshi (Balanced and Possessed), Quan (Summoner and Sorcerer) and now Thunder God Raiden, those are my characters, but when Sektor come out, sorry Quan, Raiden and Kotal.... :p
I'm rather curious what MUs you want to cover with Raiden...

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
I'm rather curious what MUs you want to cover with Raiden...
Just because he looks cool, and also to shit all over randoms online, who dont know how to block 2,1,4.... lel

No seriously, Raiden is really fun, Kenshi is not good (and not fun either, maybe Possessed) and Quan cant wake up... he needs some mad buffs.... D:

:DOGE

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I'm trying to pick up a new character, Raiden, and Kotal came up as potential new ones, Kotal seemed "easier" to learn, so i went to Thunder God Raiden, and now i'm stuck with the "LRC", i posted a video (to be a little easier for me to explain), so, can someone tell me what am i doing wrong ????? look at my inputs, and tell me, why is this thing not working.... :(

P.S. sorry about the quality, i wanted to be as fast as possible to upload.... lol

P.P.S Video still processing !!
It is very simple man. The time you try to cancel, but Lightning came out you Cancel way too early. The time you cancel, but run and the 214 get blocked, you run too long. The 2 has a very good hitbox, so you don't have run next to them to actually hit them. it is invisible hitbox. Just practice and you will get it. Those are one of the easy onece in the game.

Don't you guys find the window in which to input your follow up string after lrc really tight? I go for 214 superman for most damage but it is excruciatingly difficult to execute. Maybe I should just go for F24 ex tit grab? I struggle with this character in the lab all the time and am trying to give him up lol. I'm hoping the startup up time for lightning bolt will be decreased so that scrubs like me can be put out of their misery.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Don't you guys find the window in which to input your follow up string after lrc really tight? I go for 214 superman for most damage but it is excruciatingly difficult to execute. Maybe I should just go for F24 ex tit grab? I struggle with this character in the lab all the time and am trying to give him up lol. I'm hoping the startup up time for lightning bolt will be decreased so that scrubs like me can be put out of their misery.
It isn't that hard, especially compared to other run cancel characters like johnny and liu. It is literally a matter of muscle memory. When I first started learning run cancels with raiden it was hard, but now I can do liu kangs run cancels and iafbs. Just practice till it becomes second nature.

omooba

fear the moobs
ex tit grab? LMAO

Hey guys, was thinking about making my own thread but I'm having the same issue as OP. I have 2 questions:
1) When doing the run cancel, do you guys let go of the 1 before you press block? Or do you press block while still holding the 1? Seems to me that holding 1 until you actually press block works better?
2) I might be wrong but I've seen many raiden videos even in tournaments where they do the run cancel numerous times and they never have to start it with a NJ. A raw b14 is all they start it with, is this correct?

Hey guys, was thinking about making my own thread but I'm having the same issue as OP. I have 2 questions:
1) When doing the run cancel, do you guys let go of the 1 before you press block? Or do you press block while still holding the 1? Seems to me that holding 1 until you actually press block works better?
2) I might be wrong but I've seen many raiden videos even in tournaments where they do the run cancel numerous times and they never have to start it with a NJ. A raw b14 is all they start it with, is this correct?

1) yes you must hold 1 while you input FF+BLK
2) the window is extremely tight for an LRC on an opponent that is standing if you are starting with a raw b14. Juggling an opponent first should give you a larger window to input b14-LRC

1) yes you must hold 1 while you input FF+BLK
2) the window is extremely tight for an LRC on an opponent that is standing if you are starting with a raw b14. Juggling an opponent first should give you a larger window to input b14-LRC
Thanks bro. But do I release 1 after I press block?