What's new

Question - Thunder God Noob Question about, Raiden's LRC !!

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
I'm trying to pick up a new character, Raiden, and Kotal came up as potential new ones, Kotal seemed "easier" to learn, so i went to Thunder God Raiden, and now i'm stuck with the "LRC", i posted a video (to be a little easier for me to explain), so, can someone tell me what am i doing wrong ????? look at my inputs, and tell me, why is this thing not working.... :(

P.S. sorry about the quality, i wanted to be as fast as possible to upload.... lol

P.P.S Video still processing !!

Diego de Souza Costa

F12 is the easiest, didn't see the video but that is the easiest to run cancel into.
basically, by the time that i cancel the fireball, and the run animation starts, the character is already "recovered".... but i'm gonna try this, cuz, i was doing, B2,4>>>fireball>>> RC>>> 2,1,4

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
don't do b1,4 to try and link the run cancel, that's a pretty tight timing. Try a neutral jump punch into b1,4 and then run cancel to make it easier. Also, it takes practice so don't be frustrated.

Last edited:

Diego de Souza Costa

don't do b2,4 to try and link the run cancel, that's a pretty tight timing. Try a neutral jump punch into b2,4 and then run cancel to make it easier. Also, it takes practice so don't be frustrated.
ohhhhhh.... so a punish combo would be something like this....

any "starter" string>>>EX Tit grab>>> NJP>>>B2,4>>>LRC>>>2,1,4>>> superman

....is that it ?????

xSamuel

Yeah, that's a good generic layout. Depending on the starter, NJP wont connect (overhead starter). Also, on lightning strings you can end early and do b1,4 or run cancel certain strings, i.e. back 1,1 or f2,4 into lrc and link 2,1,4 or f1,2,b2 [hold] superman

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
ohhhhhh.... so a punish combo would be something like this....

any "starter" string>>>EX Tit grab>>> NJP>>>B2,4>>>LRC>>>2,1,4>>> superman

....is that it ?????
B2,4? Do you mean B1,4? Anyway, B1,4 LRC is a difficult link on it's own, and pointless outside of combos. Focus on using it mid combo, as the gravity on the combo allows it to link. As you practice, it'll eventually become muscle memory.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Try inputting the 2,1,4 sooner after LRC. The hitbox on 2,1,4 is a little deceptive and is a bit bigger than you'd think, you can still be just a bit more distance away from the opponent and have it connect from the LRC, but not too far. And yes from other suggestions, the b1,4 LRC is best done on a juggled opponent.

Diego de Souza Costa

Yeah... im a idiot, in my head i thought that i was typing b1,4.... lol
But the lrc with raiden its just for the extension of a combo ?!... it cant be used as pressure, like liu kang, tanya, etc.. ?!

xSamuel

It can be used as pressure and does not have to be used in juggle for it to combo. Off of certain strings such as b1,1 the cancel can be done to leave you at a slight advantage (+2 or 3 I believe). If you choose to continue off of a hit confirm then b1,1 can be taken into another string such as 2,1,4 or f1,2,b2, etc. Same with other strings, just experiment. I'm off of work in 2 hours and I can go in and give you more examples. For the time being, they can be used for pressure and hit confirmable combos regardless of juggle state​

xSamuel

Best example of how I think he should be played is Nivek. Absolute beast with Raiden and good to learn from just by watching what strings he uses into LRC.

Diego de Souza Costa

i got it now.... i did with a NJP !!

NJP>>> B1,4>>> LRC>>> 2,1,4>>> EX Tit grab>>> B1,1, 1+4.... 34%

now i'm working on the 2,1,3 into B1,4.... :p

thanks again !!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
basically, by the time that i cancel the fireball, and the run animation starts, the character is already "recovered".... but i'm gonna try this, cuz, i was doing, B2,4>>>fireball>>> RC>>> 2,1,4
It is important to know how to RC! Press Forward, then Forward+Block to RC. Not Forward, Forward(run) and then Block! Other wise you are losing frames. His RC are one of the easyer ones in the game. Learn after Ex shoker to land the NJP(delay a bit) then RC ,B14 RC into whatever you want comes even easyer!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Hey OP, did you play Kenshi before, and now you are switching to Raiden?

Some people just like suffering, I guess :p

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
It is important to know how to RC! Press Forward, then Forward+Block to RC. Not Forward, Forward(run) and then Block! Other wise you are losing frames.
Got the game a few days ago, this is helpful, thanks.

I remember our MK9 games, good times :^)

omooba

fear the moobs
you'
I'm trying to pick up a new character, Raiden, and Kotal came up as potential new ones, Kotal seemed "easier" to learn, so i went to Thunder God Raiden, and now i'm stuck with the "LRC", i posted a video (to be a little easier for me to explain), so, can someone tell me what am i doing wrong ????? look at my inputs, and tell me, why is this thing not working.... :(

P.S. sorry about the quality, i wanted to be as fast as possible to upload.... lol

P.P.S Video still processing !!
you're trying to dash forward waaaaay too early

You want to wait until you see the first glimpse of the lightning or hear the first glimpse of the "hum" from the bolt before you RC.

Eventually you'll know the timing without having to use a cue. Just takes time.

(Raiden secondary)

Diego de Souza Costa

Hey OP, did you play Kenshi before, and now you are switching to Raiden?

Some people just like suffering, I guess :p
lel.... nahh he's still my main, I'm just trying to cover some MUs... Kenshi (Balanced and Possessed), Quan (Summoner and Sorcerer) and now Thunder God Raiden, those are my characters, but when Sektor come out, sorry Quan, Raiden and Kotal.... :p