What's new

Noob.Com updated and reset with more clues!

Lantern's Light

Member Of the Martian Manhunter Brigade .
Ah that's good then. Well in the case being made for Raven, she has appeared in a trailer, much like Hawkgirl did, she had some teasers on the crossword and I suppose she looks like the top right in that picture a bit, I personally don't think she's the center. However I would speculate that she wouldn't appear in the villains roster/pic, so I think it's someone else. Raven is still probably in.
this. i hope Raven makes it in as well

nope. only in the REALLY old school comics and the cartoons
Nope, in the REALLY old school comics and cartoons it was an entirely different character, who is not revelant anymore.

No offense to anyone, but seeing someone asking for Killer Frost with short hair is so annoying for me, since once again it's a person who knows about the characters, because of the shows.
This might be a fighting game, but it's based on comic book characters, who made far more appearances in the comic books instead of shows.
I too love comic book animated shows and I watch nearly all of them, but I would FUCKING NEVER request something from the shows, because that would be so "disrespectful" to the entire work and time that went into the actual comic characters, who should be represented in a game and seeing people requesting characters, because of Young Justice and other shows is ... well, you get my point.

Lantern's Light

Nope, in the REALLY old school comics and cartoons it was an entirely different character, who is not revelant anymore.

No offense to anyone, but seeing someone asking for Killer Frost with short hair is so annoying for me, since once again it's a person who knows about the characters, because of the shows.
This might be a fighting game, but it's based on comic book characters, who made far more appearances in the comic books instead of shows.
I too love comic book animated shows and I watch nearly all of them, but I would FUCKING NEVER request something from the shows, because that would be so "disrespectful" to the entire work and time that went into the actual comic characters, who should be represented in a game and seeing people requesting characters, because of Young Justice and other shows is ... well, you get my point.
actually the cartoon versions of KF are all Louise Lincoln the modern day, psycho Killer KF with the exception of the Young Justice version
but i see what your saying. i know about the comic version of Captain Cold and agree he is unique and badass but its kind of hard to market him because the mainstream will nearly always see him as a Mr. Freeze rip off. similar to how my favorite psychopath Jack Ryder aka The Creeper will never make it big because he's considered to close to the Joker. it sucks ass and isnt fair

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich

here comes the butt hurt express.
CHU CHU!!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Ah come on Killzone! People are fans of DC Comics characters from different mediums, hell I got into reading comics because I watched awesome cartoons about Batman, Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man etc. Hell some people only like Batman for his recent trilogy of movies. It's hardly disrespectful to desire the version of the character that you like/prefer/are interested in.

Much in the same way that I (and I imagine you as well) hope for characters that reflect the comic we read, other people hope for Teen Titans Go-esque characters. I can't blame NRS for trying to keep as many fan-factions as possible happy. It's not disrespectful.

That being said, I would much prefer it if some of the characters were based on their pre New 52 style, I mean Superman is literally a douche in the N52.

Lantern's Light

Ah come on Killzone! People are fans of DC Comics characters from different mediums, hell I got into reading comics because I watched awesome cartoons about Batman, Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man etc. Hell some people only like Batman for his recent trilogy of movies. It's hardly disrespectful to desire the version of the character that you like/prefer/are interested in.

Much in the same way that I (and I imagine you as well) hope for characters that reflect the comic we read, other people hope for Teen Titans Go-esque characters. I can't blame NRS for trying to keep as many fan-factions as possible happy. It's not disrespectful.

That being said, I would much prefer it if some of the characters were based on their pre New 52 style, I mean Superman is literally a douche in the N52.
as are GL, Wonder Woman and more....*sigh*

IceNine

Tired, But Strong

Your passion is appreciated, but ultimately the creators have shown with various decisions that they're doing what they can to appeal to both comic fans aaand consumers of various comic-related multimedia. Aesthetics for the Arkham inmates stage itself were obviously taken from the Rocksteady games, they try their best to get familiar voice actors for various characters, "Booyah!", Raven's pale/outright greyish skin in that one scan that we have, etc etc. If they did add Killer Frost to the game, I would not at all be surprised to see short hair (although thanks to the magic of ~alternate costumes~, there's not much need to pick or choose - we could have both!).

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE: We'd have a shot at getting good ol' technology enhanced Captain Cold instead of New52 Meta Captain Cold because that's the one that's had more exposure in multimedia. And it'd certainly be my preference.

Did anyone ever watch the movie Kick-Ass?
And did you read the comic as well?

Young Justice and other shows = Kick-Ass movie.
Comic books = Kick-Ass comic.

That was my last response on the topic.

PS: It looks like it's Raven and Killer Frost on the picture.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
as are GL, Wonder Woman and more....*sigh*
Ah, there I have to disagree, if you are referring to Hal Jordan, I think he has always been a terribly boring character, both pre and post 52 and I have a lot of hope for the new Green Lantern Simon Baz, who seems to have more personality.

I admit I never read much Wonder Woman before the 52 but I love her current title, possibly because I am a massive mythology nerd.

The new Superman just seems to be a huge jerk IMO, and that's not what Superman is all about.

Did anyone ever watch the movie Kick-Ass?
And did you read the comic as well?

Young Justice and other shows = Kick-Ass movie.
Comic books = Kick-Ass comic.
Yea we may not agree on everything but the Kick-Ass movie was horrendous for me, I could live with it right up until that bloody jetpack (The comic is about heroes in real-life ffs, where's my damn jetpack!?) Also he gets a way happier ending...

Eh, the cartoons are primarily aimed at children and unlike some other cartoons that are on air they don't have loads of references for adults, they have references for comic fans but that's about it. They can be a bit cringe-worthy.

But hey, I like the TV show Arrow so maybe my opinions are pretty awful

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Ah, there I have to disagree, if you are referring to Hal Jordan, I think he has always been a terribly boring character, both pre and post 52 and I have a lot of hope for the new Green Lantern Simon Baz, who seems to have more personality.

I admit I never read much Wonder Woman before the 52 but I love her current title, possibly because I am a massive mythology nerd.

The new Superman just seems to be a huge jerk IMO, and that's not what Superman is all about.
Which Superman comics are you reading? ATM, I myself am just reading Action Comics which I think is really tremendously good. But that's no surprise if you've read All-Star Superman by the same writer.

Lantern's Light

yeah, im talking about Hal. he became and a guy gardner-esque tool in Geoff Johns' JL and didnt redeem himself until Villains Journey

i havnt read Wondy's solo title but i hear she's not bad there, in JL she's more of a bad tempered Xena rip-off

agreed from what i read of him, but i dont wnt to truly judge until i've found out more

Yea we may not agree on everything but the Kick-Ass movie was horrendous for me, I could live with it right up until that bloody jetpack (The comic is about heroes in real-life ffs, where's my damn jetpack!?) Also he gets a way happier ending...

Eh, the cartoons are primarily aimed at children and unlike some other cartoons that are on air they don't have loads of references for adults, they have references for comic fans but that's about it. They can be a bit cringe-worthy.

But hey, I like the TV show Arrow so maybe my opinions are pretty awful

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Which Superman comics are you reading? ATM, I myself am just reading Action Comics which I think is really tremendously good. But that's no surprise if you've read All-Star Superman by the same writer.
Action Comics is alright, it get a bit confusing if you forget stuff between issues, I find I have to re-read a few things.
Superman in his own title is more of an ass, same in Justice League.

Sorry if this isn't the place to talk about this everyone, I do hope the site gets updated soon, I like the way the community comes together to find scraps of info from Boon's puzzles. I wish more than anything though he would confirm the amount of characters, it would help speculation debates a lot more. We know the demo character select screen was a place holder and every other guess is based off how many MK9 had.

I hope they really do go all out with the launch roster so that waiting for DLC isn't painful.

If you want to read a good Superman comic, read "Peace on Earth". That overshadows everything else.

The Superman Earth One #1 + #2 were pretty good as well. I liked the first one a lot:

"Secret Identity" is pretty good as well, but it falls slightly out of the context of the entire Superman story, because... you'll see.

And if you really want to read a good comic, then read Sentry Volume #1 !!!111111111

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh I do love me some Superman: Earth One!

But in Injustice news: did anyone see Boon on his twitter sort of maybe asking if people wanted Lobo? Then some jackass said no and Boon was all Boon and said "Okay, he's out."

I mean I know Boon is trolling, but screw that guy who said no... bloody bronies!

Oh I do love me some Superman: Earth One!
But in Injustice news: did anyone see Boon on his twitter sort of maybe asking if people wanted Lobo? Then some jackass said no and Boon was all Boon and said "Okay, he's out."
I mean I know Boon is trolling, but screw that guy who said no... bloody bronies!
Boon knows about Lobo, so that character will be DLC for sure.