What's new

Noble Tweedy wins Kombat Cup III: The Runback

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
We had poll about this, and I think over 90% of people didn't care at all about 'spoilers'.

Imo it's pretty simple to just bookmark the stream and watch it later if you want. So I'm not super concerned about protecting people from the results here.
Screw common internet practices/courtesy, I agree!! Screw the people who don't care about being spoiled about sporting events!

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Having your name in the title is cool and they shouldn't do away with that. If I didn't want to know about a football game, I wouldn't go to a site that's all about the NFL.
....but what if you want to look up some Dr Fate combos only to be spoiled by the first thread on the page....

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Screw common internet practices/courtesy, I agree!! Screw the people who don't care about being spoiled about sporting events!
Literally all people are saying is that if you come onto a FGC website you'll probably see FGC results/news.

I don't watch the news in the morning after a sporting game I missed last night because I know that they'll have the results on the news. If the player who won, the person who published it, and the people who run the website are ok with it, you'll probably have to take the risk if you want to come onto the website for something else.

Besides you've given your 2c and there's not much else you can do about it so what's the point in even complaining, as multiple people have said

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Literally all people are saying is that if you come onto a FGC website you'll probably see FGC results/news.

I don't watch the news in the morning after a sporting game I missed last night because I know that they'll have the results on the news. If the player who won, the person who published it, and the people who run the website are ok with it, you'll probably have to take the risk if you want to come onto the website for something else.

Besides you've given your 2c and there's not much else you can do about it so what's the point in even complaining, as multiple people have said
I just gave my 2c like everyone else, and then people seemed to have a problem with that along with everyone else giving their 2cents about it. I'm responding to their conversation with me, as I am to you.

I come here for combos and tech, and putting big ol spoiler on the front is poor internet etiquette, as several have stated. But if we dont care about that, that is good to know, and after them spoiling it for us I guess from now on we cant visit the site unless we spend 4 hours watching the stream first... and THEN we can talk about tech/combos/respond to messages.

If this was simply a news site then your comparison would make sense, but its not. This site is a ghost town compared to before and it will only make it worse; as most of us come here NOT for news, and dont want to be forced to have things spoiled for us as multiple people have said.

Cursa

I come here for combos and tech, and putting big ol spoiler on the front is poor internet etiquette, as several have stated. But if we dont care about that, that is good to know, and after them spoiling it for us I guess from now on we cant visit the site unless we spend 4 hours watching the stream first.
This happens on an absolute shitload of dedicated websites. I would bet money that if I went onto any sporting forum there would be results of the most recent game in the title for sure. It's seriously not uncommon at all.

Besides, as @Tweedy himself said, it's nice to have the name of the winner in the title for both the winner and those of us who don't want to have to read an article or watch a stream to find out the results, myself included.

There's no win-win situation for both parties

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
This happens on an absolute shitload of dedicated websites. I would bet money that if I went onto any sporting forum there would be results of the most recent game in the title for sure. It's seriously not uncommon at all.

Besides, as @Tweedy himself said, it's nice to have the name of the winner in the title for both the winner and those of us who don't want to have to read an article or watch a stream to find out the results, myself included.

Just the word SPOILER in front makes it a win-win for everyone, and it's absolutely puzzling why there is resistance to that from a few people. " SPOILER!- NOBLE TWEEDY WINS KOMBAT CUP III: THE RUNBACK" makes it a win-win. No idea why that is such a tough pill to swallow to make everyone happy.

So screw everyone else because people are too lazy to click on an article and read the first line? Lol.

Cursa

Just the word SPOILER in front makes it a win-win for everyone, and it's absolutely puzzling why there is resistance to that from a few people. " SPOILER!- NOBLE TWEEDY WINS KOMBAT CUP III: THE RUNBACK" makes it a win-win. No idea why that is such a tough pill to swallow to make everyone happy.
Rip me I can't react to that that fast. I'd read the whole sentence in a second but whatever works best.

Cursa

If you cant react to that then why are you playing fighting games? :p jk <3
My eyes work faster than my brain. I'd read "Spoiler" and finish the rest of the sentence before I realise what I've read.

Downside of working as an engineer. 50 page reports don't read themselves

Cursa

Also don't know if I'm unique but my home browser just has all the pictures for the IJ2 characters and I have to scroll down for recent news/threads and shit.

Don't know if that helps you but that's my take on it.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Having your name in the title is cool and they shouldn't do away with that. If I didn't want to know about a football game, I wouldn't go to a site that's all about the NFL.
I also come to this site for news and tech and when I see the winner in the title I lose a lttle interest in the outcome and only watch for the hype. No disrespect to your warrior skills, every winner deserves the title.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

This is getting ridiculous. This isn't a thread about what you feel you should be entitled to (not getting spoiled).

This is a thread to congratulate @Tweedy for his win. Let's keep it about that.

Anything further about the spoiler policy subject will be met with an infraction for purposely going off-topic.