What's new

Noble Tweedy wins Kombat Cup III: The Runback

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

In preparation for the WoTG finale, Saturday Stream.me hosted another Kombat Cup, a one day MKX tourney for people to show that they didn't forget their Kitana BnBs. Starting with over a hundred players, things finally came down to Yungmonster12 and Noble Tweedy, the latter securing another notch in Noble's Stream.me wins.

And tonight he'll have another chance to score some money and fame. The WoTG season finale is going down tonight at 4EST, you can see the Top 8 finalists here. If you want to relive some of the best moments from this season, Mr. Aquaman and Echo are in the studio right now reminiscing and you can jump in the chat with them over here. Tonight's the night where Noble Semiij will either secure his dominance or be dethroned as the WoTG champ, don't miss it!

Espio

Kokomo
Excited to watch this, particularly Revet versus Tweedy. Hopefully it's that Tanya versus Kenshi trip.

@HellblazerHawkman

Next time you might not want to start your headline with the name of the winner (even though I enjoy your writings on this sight).

I was in the middle of looking at it on YouTube. Paused in the middle of the Tournament to take care of business. Then I wanted to visit TYM (I love this sight) to check on some mail.....then I see this headline.

I couldn't finish watching the rest of the tournament knowing Tweedy was going to win.

You may want to title a future article such as : "And the winner of the such-and-such tournament is...."

Just an honest suggestion......

E

Eldriken

Spoilers in the topic title is entirely up to the person who makes it. Your complaints are wasted on this subject; you're beating a dead horse.

I know some people care and others don't, but a lot of us firmly believe that the person deserves to have their name in the title for taking the W.

Simply put: you're just gonna have to deal with possibly getting spoiled. Sorry, but them's the breaks.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Spoilers in the topic title is entirely up to the person who makes it. Your complaints are wasted on this subject; you're beating a dead horse.

I know some people care and others don't, but a lot of us firmly believe that the person deserves to have their name in the title for taking the W.

Simply put: you're just gonna have to deal with possibly getting spoiled. Sorry, but them's the breaks.
*snipped*

E

Eldriken

*snipped*
Even if what you posted was false, I changed what you posted.

You completely missed the point. You tried using spoilers from a movie. He spoiled the tournament winner for a game.

Game spoiler. Movie spoiler. Game spoiler. Movie spoiler.

This site is dedicated to fighting games, so you're gonna see spoilers for fighting game tournaments if the site doesn't impose a rule against them.

If you want to try and make a point or express your thoughts on the matter, go about it in a better manner than that.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Even if what you posted was false, I changed what you posted.

You completely missed the point. You tried using spoilers from a movie. He spoiled the tournament winner for a game.

Game spoiler. Movie spoiler. Game spoiler. Movie spoiler.

This site is dedicated to fighting games, so you're gonna see spoilers for fighting game tournaments if the site doesn't impose a rule against them.

If you want to try and make a point or express your thoughts on the matter, go about it in a better manner than that.
And we cant even browse the site to find the link without having the winner immediately in our faces.

Guess you'll have to find out if what I said is trueeeee!!

E

Eldriken

And we cant even browse the site to find the link without having the winner immediately in our faces.

Two things:

1) How long have you known spoilers are contained within the site yet you still visit the site knowing you can possibly get results spoiled for you? You're an adult, so make adult choices. Don't come to the site knowing what can happen and then have the audacity to complain about it.

2) I see you like being smug. I can send you on a nice little vacation so you don't have to worry about having something to be smug over because you don't like what I have to say or what the rules on this site are.

Bottom line: stop making an ass out of yourself or I'll spare you the effort and make you look like one myself.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Two things:

1) How long have you known spoilers are contained within the site yet you still visit the site knowing you can possibly get results spoiled for you? You're an adult, so make adult choices. Don't come to the site knowing what can happen and then have the audacity to complain about it.

2) I see you like being smug. I can send you on a nice little vacation so you don't have to worry about having something to be smug over because you don't like what I have to say or what the rules on this site are.

Bottom line: stop making an ass out of yourself or I'll spare you the effort and make you look like one myself.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Excellent stuff, was rooting for Tweedy to win the whole thing and he did just that, and he did with both Starfire and Superman. And he also won the Mortal Kombat X Kombat Kup Runback as well with Possessed Kenshi, so he won two tournies in one weekend back to back. That is pro stuff right there.

Congratulations to you @Tweedy :)

Congrats to Tweedy on the accomplishment.

As far as the Titling goes, completely indifferent. Though hypothetically had I won an event big enough to warrant a TYM post I'd want my name in the title.

In any case, good stuff to all involved.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
First time checking the comments: So the way I'm looking at it, posting the names on major/tourney/league results has just been how things have always been done. Wasn't doing anything different from what's always been done. In fact, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone complain about it, maybe because people expect Sonic Fox and Semiij to always win so they don't care.

Me and the other news guys will keep this in mind, but I would recommend not popping on TYM the day after a thing if you don't want results spoiled. The day after almost every Stream.me event (and most majors), there's been a post on the front page with "So-and-so Wins Whatever Event" there shouldn't have been any reason to expect any different here.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wiuld be great if the didn't spoil the results, "Kombat Kup III Results" for example. Anyway, I'mma go get sim popcorn and enjoy the vods.
@HellblazerHawkman

Next time you might not want to start your headline with the name of the winner (even though I enjoy your writings on this sight).

I was in the middle of looking at it on YouTube. Paused in the middle of the Tournament to take care of business. Then I wanted to visit TYM (I love this sight) to check on some mail.....then I see this headline.

I couldn't finish watching the rest of the tournament knowing Tweedy was going to win.

You may want to title a future article such as : "And the winner of the such-and-such tournament is...."

Just an honest suggestion......

We had poll about this, and I think over 90% of people didn't care at all about 'spoilers'.

Imo it's pretty simple to just bookmark the stream and watch it later if you want. So I'm not super concerned about protecting people from the results here.