What's new

No one uses "Access Denied"?

ryublaze

Noob
I feel ignored... :(

I went ahead and tested the combos I posted before.

1, 2, B1, F4, 1, 2, 2, Up Missile is completely safe from KL's spin (including EX Spin and tech rolls) and does 29%. You can use it 1 or 2 dashes away.

The others I posted weren't safe.

As for this combo:
12b1, b21, 13 UM

I believe you can improve it to 35% with this:

1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 3, UM (35%, 8 Hits)

It has been safe from KL's spin when I tested.

and when you guys are talking about dashes, do you mean forward dashes? 3 forward dashes is like fullscreen length with Sektor.

and when doing this combo:

1, 2, B1, F4, UM, 2, 1, UM

I noticed that if the opponent doesn't roll and does a wake-up attack, the missile does not connect due to invincibility frames. This happens for every 2 or 2, 1 ender.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Raptor, I missed ur posts man, my bad. And I really shouldn't have, cuz you have some nastiness in there!

If it's cool with you, I'll revise my post from earlier to include some of these.

Also, this Robotic/Raptor collabo combo: 1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 3, UM (35%, 8 Hits) is gangsta. Thing is, if already in the very corner, the b21 is easy to miscalculate after the f4 and it could whiff. I think this one would be better suited for when you're about to corner the opponent as the b21 lands so much easier this way.

ryublaze

Noob
Raptor, I missed ur posts man, my bad. And I really shouldn't have, cuz you have some nastiness in there!

If it's cool with you, I'll revise my post from earlier to include some of these.

Also, this Robotic/Raptor collabo combo: 1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 3, UM (35%, 8 Hits) is gangsta. Thing is, if already in the very corner, the b21 is easy to miscalculate after the f4 and it could whiff. I think this one would be better suited for when you're about to corner the opponent as the b21 lands so much easier this way.
No problem Robotic! Yea I guess that combo works better from a few dashes away. I haven't had any trouble doing it in the corner though. I usually prses back twice when doing B2.

Robotic

Gentleman.
As for this combo:
12b1, b21, 13 UM

I believe you can improve it to 35% with this:

1, 2, B1, F4, B2, 1, 1, 3, UM (35%, 8 Hits)

It has been safe from KL's spin when I tested.
This combo is NOT safe from 6 frame wakeups when they don't tech roll.

Edit: Fuck. Tested this with the 12b1, b21, 13 UM from just outside the very corner and it is not safe from fast, non-tech rolled wakeups either. 12b1, f4 122 UM isn't safe either from non tech roll.

Edit: Fuck. Tested this with the 12b1, b21, 13 UM from just outside the very corner and it is not safe from fast, non-tech rolled wakeups either. 12b1, f4 122 UM isn't safe either from non tech roll.
As far as safe corner combos go, I think the only safe ones are ones ending in 21. I haven't tested the whole cast, but I have tested against the faster wake-ups (Kung Lao, Reptile) and I was able to block them, tech rolled or no.

ryublaze

Noob

I went back and retested and you're right. The 13 ender isn't safe.

But I did retest the 12b1, f4 122 UM combo (29%) and it is safe. Are you sure you're hitting the 122 early enough?

I also noticed that b34,12,21,21 UM needs good timing on all of the hits after b34. If you're a little off on any of the 12 or 21's then KL's tech rolled spin will hit you...which leads us to the more safer option (b34,12,21 UM) but that only does 21%. Instead of the 21% combo you can do the 24% combo (b34, 122 UM) It is safe from KL's spin, does 1% less than the 25% combo and it's very reliable.

EDIT: Went back and tested and earlier combo I posted:

12b1,b21,2 UM (29%)

It's the same as 12b1,b21,21 UM without the 1 at the end but it is easier to land. It's safe from KL's spin. and yes, ending with 2 gives the same knockdown effect as ending with 21.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Eklectic, ever since you posted this, b34 UM has gone bye bye from my game as far as the corner goes. I'd like to point out that adding an extra 21 to the combo is safe as well - no one can punish you for it.

Unless anyone has a better b34 corner combo starter, this is my gold standard right now: b34, 12, 21, 21 UM = 25%
Yea looks like were optimizing his corner game with this thread, good shit in here bro.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
12b1, f4, b21, 12 12 21 upmissile 41% safe on non techroll wakeup
12b1, f4, b21, 21 upmissile 34% safe for all wakeups

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
12b1, f4, b21, 12 12 21 upmissile 41% safe on non techroll wakeup
12b1, f4, b21, 21 upmissile 34% safe for all wakeups[/QUOTE

Nice! This combo puts them in the corner from far away and it's safe. I just take out one of the 12 from the first one, should be safe from everything.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
ive been trying to test options after the 13 string, looks like a straight missle must be blocked and brings his leg down much faster to keep momentum going. I don't have another person to test this with but it would be great of someone could confirm that a blocked 13~straight missile is unpunishable/ punishable.

Robotic

Gentleman.
ive been trying to test options after the 13 string, looks like a straight missle must be blocked and brings his leg down much faster to keep momentum going. I don't have another person to test this with but it would be great of someone could confirm that a blocked 13~straight missile is unpunishable/ punishable.
I'm at work so I can't test, but in my head I see the 3 - having piss poor range - landing fairly close meaning the straight missile follow up could very well be punished by fast advancing specials.

I'm at work so I can't test, but in my head I see the 3 - having piss poor range - landing fairly close meaning the straight missile follow up could very well be punished by fast advancing specials.
3 doesn't have great range but it does have great pushback, and canceling into a special doesn't sacrifice any of that pushback, unlike with 4. The only problem is that 3 wiffs if they crouch and crouch-block (except if it's used in the string, as I just found out).

I would imagine that Flame Burner would be a better option in that scenario. Even if they block it, it still gives you some room.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
3 doesn't have great range but it does have great pushback, and canceling into a special doesn't sacrifice any of that pushback, unlike with 4. The only problem is that 3 wiffs if they crouch and crouch-block (except if it's used in the string, as I just found out).

I would imagine that Flame Burner would be a better option in that scenario. Even if they block it, it still gives you some room.
I think flame burner from that range would be more punishable than sm possibly by something like ermacs force push. yea I was specifically talking bout a blocked 13 string. The 13 string is definately something we ALL have to implement into our game.

I think flame burner from that range would be more punishable than sm possibly by something like ermacs force push. yea I was specifically talking bout a blocked 13 string. The 13 string is definately something we ALL have to implement into our game.
That close I don't really think it would make a difference. It might be match-up dependent, though.

What's the recovery on Flame Burner? I know Straight Missile is something like 8, right?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Haha looking back at this thread is pretty funny.. and it turns out 1,3 is now one of Sektor's best strings