What's new

No one uses "Access Denied"?

Robotic

Gentleman.
Update to the 12b1, f4 UM, 21 UM corner combo: you can add an extra 21 before finally launching the up missile on anybody without a 6 frame attack and it will be safe. Damage is 33%.

Robotic

Gentleman.
All of the combined knowledge from the Sektor mainers - from the release of this game to the present - have come together and formed a Voltron motherfucker of a beast in the corner. Can we safely say this guy is S tier when he corners? The key now (aside from all the future stuff that we will continue to experiment with find out) is to make it seamless and pull the trigger on the correct combos for the correct situations on the correct opponents. Example:

Against KL in the corner: don't do b34 upmissile, you'll get spun out. End in torch when you can, but 12b1, f4 UM, 21 UM is totally safe. It may not trap him in the corner, but it will definitely force his hand and you can patiently wait for his reaction to the upmissile.

And so on.

If you guys have more, share if you like.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I love how this thread went from uses for 1,3 to corner pressure, lol.

On that note, something that I think is overlooked is a non canceled 1,2,2 on hit in the corner. It leaves you with noticeable frame advantage, moreso than if canceled to the sometimes risky upmissile. Granted I love using 1,2,2~regular/close upmissile on characters who can't punish easily (reptile and mileena to name a few), but I like mixing it up with naked 1,2,2, and 1,2,2~straight missile which is a fairly safe blockstring.

Against KL in the corner: don't do b34 upmissile, you'll get spun out. End in torch when you can, but 12b1, f4 UM, 21 UM is totally safe. It may not trap him in the corner, but it will definitely force his hand and you can patiently wait for his reaction to the up missile.
I haven't tested it with everyone, but I haven't found anyone yet that can punish a combo ending in 21>Up Missile. Some can get out (Kung Lao, Raiden...), but you have time to defend. And for them you can just substitute Flame Burner for Up Missile/Homing Missile at the end.

Sektor has a really strong corner game, but you need to be on point for it. If you mess up, the situation could go real bad, real fast. Simpler the better for me. Just for the sake of the timing, I dropped the second 12 out of the combo I posted to make it more reliable. You still get 35% and the Up Missile pressure.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I love how this thread went from uses for 1,3 to corner pressure, lol.

On that note, something that I think is overlooked is a non canceled 1,2,2 on hit in the corner. It leaves you with noticeable frame advantage, moreso than if canceled to the sometimes risky upmissile. Granted I love using 1,2,2~regular/close upmissile on characters who can't punish easily (reptile and mileena to name a few), but I like mixing it up with naked 1,2,2, and 1,2,2~straight missile which is a fairly safe blockstring.
I'm just goin with it like the turtle in finding nemo :D

The 13: for combo 12b1, b21, 13 UM, I found the upmissile to release just a tad earlier than if u did 12b1, b21, 122 UM. That split second might prevent a punish?

ryublaze

Noob
Update to the 12b1, f4 UM, 21 UM corner combo: you can add an extra 21 before finally launching the up missile on anybody without a 6 frame attack and it will be safe. Damage is 33%.
What about 1, 2, b1, b2, 1, 2, UM for more damage? I'm not sure which one is safer.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I tested b34,12,21~um in the corner and Kung Lao can't punish it with the spin. Would be a good mixup to throw in.

Crathen

Death is my business
Off a b34 in the corner you want to hitconfirm the TU since you can get better damage and the same UM setups :

b34 Tu dash forward 1 ( or 2 for 1% more dmg ) 122 UM 27% ( 28% with 2 ) and you are safe from KL spin AND if he tries to teleport he will always be hit out of it ( and you get a combo ) where the 21 ender if timed wrong KL can use the invicibility of Tele to get out. Also you can just b34 122 UM for 24% and same situation.

If you want damage : b34 Tu dash forward 1 b21 122 flameburner for 37% meterless

From 12b1 you want to do b21 122 UM for a setup.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Off a b34 in the corner you want to hitconfirm the TU since you can get better damage and the same UM setups :

b34 Tu dash forward 1 ( or 2 for 1% more dmg ) 122 UM 27% ( 28% with 2 ) and you are safe from KL spin AND if he tries to teleport he will always be hit out of it ( and you get a combo ) where the 21 ender if timed wrong KL can use the invicibility of Tele to get out. Also you can just b34 122 UM for 24% and same situation.

If you want damage : b34 Tu dash forward 1 b21 122 flameburner for 37% meterless

From 12b1 you want to do b21 122 UM for a setup.
That b34 corner combo u were talking about at first is definately punishable by Kung Laos spin

Crathen

Death is my business
What b34 corner combo are we talking about? If you get 122 at the right height it is not punishable by KL spin.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I would just like to confirm that 1,3 has saved Sektor's ability to block string an opponent. This string will probably be the future of how I play Sektor up close. It makes the player respect the fact that trying to interrupt a 1,2,b1 or 1,2,2 will result in a hit that has advantage on hit and put them right back into a vortex. Once they respect it Sektor is allowed to act as he did before people knew about being able to punish his strings - making him A+ tier once again.

This string is more like, Access Granted.

I would just like to confirm that 1,3 has saved Sektor's ability to block string an opponent. This string will probably be the future of how I play Sektor up close. It makes the player respect the fact that trying to interrupt a 1,2,b1 or 1,2,2 will result in a hit that has advantage on hit and put them right back into a vortex. Once they respect it Sektor is allowed to act as he did before people knew about being able to punish his strings - making him A+ tier once again.

Don't get to crazy with it. If you are fighting someone with good reactions and a character with a fast uppercut, they can still punish it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ill just leave these here
21 ex upmissile b21 b34 tele b21
21 ex upmissile sweep b34 tele b21
ridiculous but sexy as hell
still cant get any homing rocket uppercut combos damn his recovery

No wai!? When we were testing, it beat out uppercut every time. We tested it against Quan Chi.
Huh, I tested it against a handful of the cast with varying speeds, and the faster ones were able to get out occasionally.

You know what? It could have been the training mode hit indicators. I need to do some more tests turning them off so it's truly on reaction.

Robotic

Gentleman.

You owe me a pint, and I will be PISSED if it's PBR, Swift.

RECAP!!!!

1. 13 seems to be the answer to Sektor's ultimate issue, though not 100% confirmed as of yet. Careful with it, because the 3 has baby-dick range.

2. Corner combo 12b1, b21, 13 UM gives a tiny bit more advantage than 12b1, b21, 122 UM though not 100% confirmed as of yet.

3. Corner combo 12b1, f4 UM, 21 UM is the shiznitta-bam, snip-snap-sack!!! Although at 28%, it is super safe and has diplomatic fuckin immunity (can't be punished). Combined with the damage and how truly safe it is while keeping ur opponent in the corner (as best as one can with Sektor), is there a better corner combo?

4. You can add an extra 21 to the above mentioned 21 UM combo on any character that doesn't have a 6 frame special for 33%.

5. b34, 12, 21 UM is a better option in the corner than b34 UM. I'll get on later to check this out and hopefully others can try to confirm.

6. God help you if you are opposite a good Sektor player who knows all of this and he has you in the corner.

7. If you remember to use 21 as a starter and cancel into whatever, NO ONE has those kind of reflexes to punish ur standing 1 when you throw it out.

Be cautiously optimistic about the future of this character.

ryublaze

Noob
I'm going to ask again so

What about 1, 2, B1, F4, 1, 2, 2, UM for 29%?

and 1, 2, B1, B2, 1, 2, Up Missile for 29%?

1, 2, B1, B2, 1, 1, (pause) 2 does 30%.

Please try these.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
1,3 has issues.....

While it can not be uppercuted every time, it can be poke out of with a d3 or d4 100% of the time. What it has done is made people poke me out of 1,2,2 and 1,2,b1 instead of uppercut or full combo me.

Crathen

Death is my business
I dunno about human but I'm using cyber sek and he's punishing me everytime
(b34~tu,dash,1,122~um)
Tested it now , you are right if he doesn't techroll it's spin punishable my bad.

Safe ones ( tested both techroll on and off ) :

b34 Tu dash 122 UM 26% but the timing is kinda strict since you have to hit him at the max 12 height
b34 Tu dash 2 12 21 UM 27% if they don't techroll it's never punishable , and if they techroll and you did it perfectly ( 21 height dependent ) it's not punishable , still needs some execution
b34 Tu 12 21 UM 24% safe , easy and reliable

Also the 12b1 combo i posted isn't safe if KL doesn't techroll but if he spins he's gonna get hit by the UM and will not combo , if he techrolls into a spin you can block it and punish it , however if he EX spin he'll be able to combo unless you fire a behind up missile ( wich will also hit him out of Tele ) .

Safe 12b1 UM setups:

12b1 b21 21 UM 31% totally safe , the last 1 can whiff at times if not timed properly , you can 12b1 b21 12 21 UM for 35% but if mistimed can be punished by techroll spin
12b1 f4 12 21 UM 27% safe and easy , the other combo posted by Robotic is nice too but requires to start the 12b1 right next to the wall or the f4 UM will miss , this one can be done even 3 dashes away from the corner

Also here's some random tech:

Homing missile from just outside f2 range is a good way to use your meter ( this can be setup from any Sektor combos ) , what i like to do is shoot HM out and immediately dash in f2 , now here's where the fun begins since the homing missile is still behind Sektor i am totally free to pressure because if they try to poke / move they will be hit by the HM giving me the opportunity to full combo them , what i like to do is:

HM f2 dash into b34 to make them respect the low option , make sure you adjust the b34 positioning to not make the 4 whiff

If they respect this now i can:

HM f2 into UpMissile , now while this can be interrupted with a fast poke the HM will still give you pressure and if they don't interrupt it more free pressure with b34 , throw , f2 , 122 and so on

HM f2 dash LegLift into the 50/50 if i need a comeback

HM f2 dash 12 / 122 / 124 / 214 pressure against big crouching hitbox characters.

Been using this from a long time and its a good way to get the pressure started with Sektor , put it to a good use.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I tested b34,12,21~um in the corner and Kung Lao can't punish it with the spin. Would be a good mixup to throw in.
Eklectic, ever since you posted this, b34 UM has gone bye bye from my game as far as the corner goes. I'd like to point out that adding an extra 21 to the combo is safe as well - no one can punish you for it.

Unless anyone has a better b34 corner combo starter, this is my gold standard right now: b34, 12, 21, 21 UM = 25%

Robotic

Gentleman.
12b1 f4 12 21 UM 27% safe and easy , the other combo posted by Robotic is nice too but requires to start the 12b1 right next to the wall or the f4 UM will miss , this one can be done even 3 dashes away from the corner
Dude, sick. That 27% combo into UM pressure is pretty nice. Mine requires back-to-the-wall placement, yes. That opportunity presents itself often, so use it when you can. The combo you posted is sick as all hell to get them to the corner. I love dashing after the f4! It makes me feel like a puppeteer.

This is more advanced stuff, but for those that have good knowledge of the stages, I recommend the combos below for the appropriate distances:

Upmissile pressure combos in the very corner: 12b1, f4 UM, 21 UM for characters with 6 frame specials (28% damage) . For all other characters: 12b1, f4 UM, 21, 21 UM (33%). Simple-as-pie combo. There is also 12b1, b21, 12, 21 UM for 35% and it is safe against characters with no fast specials, but just so we're all aware, this combo has many spots to fuck up on. If you have it down and you're confident you won't drop the combo in a match, go for it.

Upmissile pressure combos from up to 3 dashes away from the corner: The combo Crathen posted: 12b1, f4, dash, 12, 21 UM for 27%. Totally safe, totally cool.

Quick note on the b34 combo starter: Since this advances you forward, you can do this combo from pretty far out of the corner. Familiarize yourself with it to see how far it will work for you.