What's new

No More Unbreakable Combos?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
In all of NRS' games that have had breakers, and maybe even the Midway ones, opponents were completely unable to break against projectile attacks. This allowed characters like Predator, Reptile, Sektor and a few others to specialize in having certain combos the opponent could do nothing about. It potentially looks like MK1 is going to change that.

During one of the MK1 Gameplay videos I noticed Liu Kang call Kano's knife throwing assist, where Kano comes in and tosses 2 knives. Liu Kang does nothing but jump, and yet Jax comes in to break the combo.

Personally I really liked having unbreakable combos. They almost always did considerably less damage, but it was always a nice reward for paying attention to you and your opponents resources and adjusting a confirm.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
well considering the opponent now needs all 3 bars to break from taking a hit and their kameo has to be ready, i think, they can have at least that.

Breakers used to be too good for the resources they've spent, with fatal blows being on low health territory it's only fair breakers costs literally everything. Hopefully this removes the scenarios where we have obnoxious characters with bloated offensive or defensive maneuvers and being able to break when you get near them all the time, at least this time, whoever ends on this side of the spectrum has to start over if they choose to break.

fair is fair.

These Kameo breakers look kinda baitable what if instead of jumping, Liu Kang backdashed? Jax breaker would whiff or only hit Kano

Kitana mk9 vietnam flashback.
Good, we don't need that shit anymore. Then again it's NRS. We'll get MKX type of shit where you could make two ice clones or hit both overhead and low at the same time.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It wasn't a very deep mechanic in MKX anyhow, some characters had projectile combos in certain situations and many others didn't

I don’t love anything that lowers strategy space/areas for characters to feel different but I also feel they should just recognize that GG has it nailed and make it baitable as well