What's new

No more KL seasons. What’s your opinion? (Poll)

Opinion on recycling KL seasons

• I’ll keep playing, but in other modes.

• Doesn’t bother me at all. I’ll keep playing KL.

• Bit disappointing, but I’ll keep playing KL.

• Imma try the new characters for a bit then dip.

• I’ll only play if the new gear/brutalities are amazing.

• I actually prefer this bc I can get skins I missed out on.

• This killed KL for me.

• This killed MK11 for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Espio

Kokomo
There's plenty of skins I haven't gotten from seasons still and people have been complaining for the last year plus about skins they missed so this is the most intelligent thing they can do for people who missed them and new players. I don't get why it would be an issue. Many of us got three-four skins per base character out of KL plus the dlc they got. I missed the Baraka orderrealm skin and some others. This will also encourage more sets so I'm here for it.

Afumba

Noob
There's plenty of skins I haven't gotten from seasons still and people have been complaining for the last year plus about skins they missed so this is the most intelligent thing they can do for people who missed them and new players. I don't get why it would be an issue. Many of us got three-four skins per base character out of KL plus the dlc they got. I missed the Baraka orderrealm skin and some others. This will also encourage more sets so I'm here for it.
The most intelligent thing would be to make a KL store which has all the past KL stuff and allow people to buy the stuff they want with a new KL only currency.

Also going forward they could continue making new seasons and add the new season rewards to this new store. On season end ranks will only reward KL currency (ofc the earned currency should be adjusted for each rank with the highest rank earning enough to be able to buy everything the season has to offer)

Top players and people who play a lot of KL would still get everything, while new players and people that dont play much KL could chose what they like for the currency they manage to get without being gated by a high rank etcetc. Especially since the rank reward system is anything but fair the way it is right now.

This would also solve the issue were people that played since the start wont have any rewards to look forward to (which in my eyes is a big slap in the face)

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I'd rather have a way to just buy the KL skins outright. I remember the rumor being that a new currency called "Chunks of Meat",(which was apparently datamined) were being added alongside a Krypt expansion which had a new Naknandan Shrine style thing where you could use the Chunks of Meat to get a random KL reward.

On one hand, I respect the idea of having to earn these KL skins through playing and climbing the ranks, but at the same time...just let me buy them.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Ft3, Ft5 and Ft10... Put these choices into ranked mode and it will be definetely better than kl.

Never really played Kombat League. As a casual fighting game player, but a huge fan of MK, I just kept playing towers and unlocking stuff.

To be honest the gear and skins from KL were VERY tacky at first, aesthetic decisions probably weren't made by the same artists that designed the other skins. It began getting better with the Kotal season if I recall correctly? It was just badly textured edgy crap before, which creates a very huge contrast with the excelent overall artistic quality of the game.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
I will say i've never seen more people terrified of a simple ranked mode in my whole career of playing fighting games than KL in mk11.

Some people just don't wanna do ranked, but KL breaks peoples brains.

I guess the GG strive developers are right to try something different.
People think that bad manners folk on MK11 only exist in Kombat League for some reason... IDK how people are going to rationalize that the shitty people are only corralled together in Kombat League when the entire game flips to Customs/"Casual" format.

Dunno how Kombat League has established this mystique of being the big bad version of the game where you just go to get "spammed" and bullied, when if you join any casual format the same people are there teabagging.

I like to play ranked when I want easy quick play against rotating opponents, and I play kasual for when I want long sets. This change won't affect how I play at all, and it's nice for people to get another shot at their skins.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Oh no, people will have to go back to playing ranked without the allure of cosmetic rewards (like most fighting games)! THE HORROR!

Makes you wonder how people dealt with playing MK online before MK11.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I've never really played much of KL, only to grab me some Jade skins. The latest skin wasn't at novice, so didn't get that one. But hopefully as it rotates, the few things I didn't get a chance to grab will be. ^^

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I've never really played much of KL, only to grab me some Jade skins. The latest skin wasn't at novice, so didn't get that one. But hopefully as it rotates, the few things I didn't get a chance to grab will be. ^^
If you are talking about the reptile one, I believe you still have a day. this KL seems to be ending when KP2 drops. Your life is now! Get in there and get on it! beware of all the ugly orange scorpions though. I mean, seriously....of all the Scorpion skins in the game people always pick the ugliest ones! I am rarely encountering the reptile one from this KL! i mean. what is that about?!?!!?

Oh no, people will have to go back to playing ranked without the allure of cosmetic rewards (like most fighting games)! THE HORROR!

Makes you wonder how people dealt with playing MK online before MK11.
Most fighter’s ranked modes give more incentive than simply improving your win/loss record. There are points systems and persistent titles that mark improvement and feel like a badge of skill that motivates us to keep playing to get higher and higher titles. That’s crucial for a competitive mode. Even Smash Bros with GSP and Elite Smash does ranked better than MK lol. Like I can live without the cosmetic rewards, but there needs to be something to compete for.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Most fighter’s ranked modes give more incentive than simply improving your win/loss record. There are points systems and persistent titles that mark improvement and feel like a badge of skill that motivates us to keep playing to get higher and higher titles. That’s crucial for a competitive mode. Even Smash Bros with GSP and Elite Smash does ranked better than MK lol. Like I can live without the cosmetic rewards, but there needs to be something to compete for.
Fair point. It honestly stuns me that MK11 doesn't have a base system in place for titles/ranks (that isn't tied to KL), similar to how Tekken 7 does it.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
“No more KL seasons”??? There are more KL seasons coming, they’re just rerunning the older ones so people can get the skins. After the rerun there are new KL seasons coming.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
“No more KL seasons”??? There are more KL seasons coming, they’re just rerunning the older ones so people can get the skins. After the rerun there are new KL seasons coming.
Where'd you get this info from?

Zviko

Noob
Well technically, they didn't say "no more KL seasons". They only said they will start from the beginning. That means 15 months of rerunning but what then? Rerun them again? Or will there only be regular ranked? I'm guessing the latter because at that point we will probably start hearing news about Inj3 and support for MK11 will probably end.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm not sure why people would be mad about others getting skins. I generally only worry about my own skins not what my opponent has. If they have a badass skin then I'm happy for them. I'd rather everyone get the opertunity to get that favorite skin for all their characters.

I'm glad there are so many skins I missed.