What's new

No more KL seasons. What’s your opinion? (Poll)

Opinion on recycling KL seasons

• I’ll keep playing, but in other modes.

• Doesn’t bother me at all. I’ll keep playing KL.

• Bit disappointing, but I’ll keep playing KL.

• Imma try the new characters for a bit then dip.

• I’ll only play if the new gear/brutalities are amazing.

• I actually prefer this bc I can get skins I missed out on.

• This killed KL for me.

• This killed MK11 for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the Mileena Kombat Kast Derek said starting December 29th they’ll be recycling KL costume rewards from Seasons 1-14. Only some gear and brutalities will be new. Personally I think this kills the incentive to play KL and is a terrible move for keeping MK11 alive, but what do you think?

I love this. It'll let me get the small handful of skins I wish I had snagged for hopefully low effort. More than anything, it means I can just play when I want and not have to worry if I've hit my quota for the day to get whatever marginally cool skin that I'll forget about right away but need because of FOMO.

I don't think this is like a KL death rattle or anything, it's probably more that they're trying to prepare for an influx of new players with Ultimate that are going to wonder "how do I get that skin?" It also gives them time to work on other stuff.

One thing I’ll give them is that they’re mixing up the rank at which you earn certain skins. So a Season 1 skin that was rewarded at Demi might be rewarded at Apprentice instead. So there’s that at least.

Last edited:
I'll keep playing, but tbh this kill KL for me and maybe MK. Without a proper ranked system - or the points to get 'somewhere' aka the new skins - I can't see myself playing that much. I reached demigod in pretty much all seasons. I'm super sad. :(

@LeoMK29 I think this is the last season, XV, which ends in 10 days. If there isn’t a season XVI then the next KL season will be a rerun of the first, starting December 29th.

Edit: nvmnd, there is a season 16 which has some really cool skins

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
GOOD! Now people will finally be willing to play long sets ffs.
^This. The only purpose of KL is the grind for gear and skins. With it gone and the introduction of customs, I see long-form sets with players becoming much more popular.

@marcelfarias This really might be the end of MK11 for me if there are no worthwhile unlocks. Or maybe a true skill/ELO score for each character might be motivating enough to keep me playing, but otherwise it’s definitely going to feel pointless for me.

Zviko

Noob
I'll keep playing. It still has new brutalities which actually add to the gameplay unlike skins and gear. But there's new gear as well and they can still add more skins to the rewards if they decide to later. But most of all, it's still a ranked mode where you get a sense of competitiveness which I prefer over the rewards anyway.
@LeoMK29 I think this is the last season, XV, which ends in 10 days. If there isn’t a season XVI then the next KL season will be a rerun of the first, starting December 29th.
No there's at least 1 more starting the week after Ultimate drops. Skins for it have been leaked already.

Agilaz

It has begun
I am so so so happy the game will no longer be holding people hostage for skins and gear. I only missed one season so I can unlock that stuff when it rolls back around, having reached DG/G in every other season means I won't NEED to engage in this frustrating experience for unlocks.

And yes, hopefully people will play long sets now

It's not really ending they're just doing this for any new people that bought UMK11 on PS5+PS4.
However it's a year's worth of repeats with no skins. That's a long time.

I get it and sure there's new gear and new brutalities, But they could add a 5th Bonus Skin for everyone.
Just to freshen things up and a better incentive for people that already played.
Tie it to a New Daily Requirement, something goofy, harmless and lighthearted like a Friendship a Day for 5 Days.

Lords knows they'll have the roster for it with the DLC included.

Think about this:
1-4: BLOOD D'vorah (For a Black Widow Look), TIME (Revenant) Kabal, REBORN Sindel, CHAOS Fujin
5-8 SORCERY Geras, CONQUEST Mileena, REVENANT Sub-Zero, GREED Jacqui
9-12: LOST SOULS Shang, SHADOWS Rain, ORDER Nightwolf, OSH-TEKK Sheeva
13-16: ROYALTY Cetrion, KYTINN Kollector, SAURIAN Liu Kang, OUTLAW Sonya

And with that Every MK DLC has a KL Skin and some base characters have more than 2-1 to pick from.

Gaxkang

Banned
Folks will be able to get that Liu Kang armor skin I suppose....

But with no further new skins (for good maybe?) that means there won't be a topless human Kung Lao skin, too bad....

I'm worried they are shutting down support for the game.
I'm worried instead of fixing glaring hitbox issues, buffing non viable variations specials, buffing/nerfing certain characters, opening up combo paths, fixing break away, adjusting poke meta, they just ad customs and repeat KL shit and dip.

Art Lean

Noob
I'm happy to pick up whatever the apprentice skins will be for these as I never played KL until Kytinn Skarlet came along as I never realised the ease at which the apprentice skin could be obtained (not that many really appealed, but always happy for the some free skins). Fingers crossed Kitana's human-revenant and purple-rain ones are easy to collect as I'd really like either of those without much effort (I like the in-character skins that offer new looks and hair styles, not the glowing OTT cosplay ones).

I find KL a huge stress so I'm kind of happy not to need to play it, but at the same time with the likes of Kytinn Skarlet, Classic Reptile and Glowing Eyes (+ Spilling Tits) Sindel, they were really upping their game with quality unique skins moving forward that'd make me want to play KL more, instead this now seems more of a last hurrah.

Still just hoping that the upcoming Sindel skin isn't going to be a nightmare to obtain (please don't be higher than Champion!!!! Apprentice or Daily Challenge would be much better for me though).

I hope that when season 5 or 6 arrives again, people are still playing ... I'm afraid people will stop playing the game and have no one to play with ... most people already have all the KL skins and maybe not playing the resets.

I'm happy to pick up whatever the apprentice skins will be for these as I never played KL until Kytinn Skarlet came along as I never realised the ease at which the apprentice skin could be obtained (not that many really appealed, but always happy for the some free skins). Fingers crossed Kitana's human-revenant and purple-rain ones are easy to collect as I'd really like either of those without much effort (I like the in-character skins that offer new looks and hair styles, not the glowing OTT cosplay ones).

I find KL a huge stress so I'm kind of happy not to need to play it, but at the same time with the likes of Kytinn Skarlet, Classic Reptile and Glowing Eyes (+ Spilling Tits) Sindel, they were really upping their game with quality unique skins moving forward that'd make me want to play KL more, instead this now seems more of a last hurrah.

Still just hoping that the upcoming Sindel skin isn't going to be a nightmare to obtain (please don't be higher than Champion!!!! Apprentice or Daily Challenge would be much better for me though).
KL has skill-based matchmaking so it's really just a grind to get to demi god and get all the skins in a season unless you're playing like a complete potato. Unless you're considerably better or worse than the player base you'll end up roughly at 50% and since you gain more points than you lose until Demi God, people should just end up there if they play enough.

I think it's a good system and I dunno why people wouldn't be interested in playing it. I mean you're playing the game for over a year now anyways, so why not try to get good at it? The only reason I hate it is getting forced to play WIFI scum.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i think they should just kill it entirely. i'm saying this with a personal bias tho i'll admit. the sheer annoyance of looking for games just to be told "sorry man i'm playing kombat league"