What's new

NO MORE FREE CANCELS

Because most players do not react to the cancel. I play a lot against Jaqui and to be honest I concentrate hard for the staggers and cancels but it is not easy to react everything. And that's the point if you are late even with few frames Jacqui will be in plus.. And her 9F MID comes into play or even poke or throw.

Playing against good pressure character is pretty demanding. Especially if you are not with another pressure character. :)
Removing the feint doesn't change anything at all, she is still -2 after F3, just like scorpion but without all his tools. Again, she is supposed to be the best character at close range. That's the reason she doesn't have projectiles, or good advancing moves. It's just a stagger, and if you can't poke in a 5 frame window, it doesn't seem like a character issue.

Removing the feint doesn't change anything at all, she is still -2 after F3, just like scorpion but without all his tools. Again, she is supposed to be the best character at close range. That's the reason she doesn't have projectiles, or good advancing moves. It's just a stagger, and if you can't poke in a 5 frame window, it doesn't seem like a character issue.
Absolutely right.

Off: At least the Scorpion complaint thread is empty right now. Folks move to other threads. :)

Also minor nerfs to her cancel shouldn't hurt as long it don't make her completely unplayable. Her F3 should be the main one nerf a little bit but not her other cancels.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Her ground speed and meterless damage could stand to be toned down. Jik can be converted just by walking forward, her dash speed is damn near a teleport, and s1 anti air leads to over 30%.

Wigy

There it is...
oh yeah cause 75% of the cast have advancing 11f plus frames ooh ok. and a 14 low +4 frame got it bro.

keep downplaying jacqui and telling us how much she needs it please. :rolleyes:
You started chatting about the cancels, then gave up and started on her plus frames, now you're on about other shit.

FYI if you read my other posts I say she could use some toning down probably but the fients shouldn't cost a bar. I also don't play her anymore lol. Idc if she gets nerfed.

Her 11 has no range.
Low plus frames is full combo punishable in the gap and knocks down on hit.

Like I said you're probably right Jacqui needs slight tweaks but you're making your case like a butthurt idiot just jumping from random stupid points.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
For once I agree with you lol. Scorpion had free cancels in his Misery Blade stance during the beta. It now costs 1 d/bar and there’s a flash to know he cancelled.

Cancels costing bar should be a universal rule. Meter builds for free anyway.
I knew we’d find common ground one day haha

xKMMx

Banned
Thank you! People hate this girl as if shes killed one of their family members lolz. Gameplay wise folks hate her for the spam in MKX and now hate her for the cancels. Like leave the girl be.
I hated her in MKX for the spam but after getting beat by that like three times I figured out how to beat it and pretty much always bodied the idiots that did that shit and NOTHING!!!!....felt better that destroying a troll Jacqui spamming. But I was always impressed by people that could actually play FA Jacqui cause she wasn't that great of a character.

Her redesign in MK 11 is awesome and her play style is really fun and not OP whatsoever.

People in general just need to stop crying about characters and what they cant beat in this game and go figure out why they cant beat it then adapt and overcome.

I started a huge thread about what I was frustrated about within the first two weeks of the game because I felt that the game rewards "scrubby" play and mashing. But at the end of the day it was easy to adapt and overcome once I got beyond the frustrations.

xKMMx

Banned
Has anyone that is on here bitching about Jacqui ever tried to play her? Its not free wins just cause of the cancels lol.
She can be really hard to use against characters that out range her. Which is pretty much the whole cast. THe only place your truly screwed with Jacqui is in the corner.
Mid screen she can have a real hard time even whiff punishing with F31 because if your not on 100 percent on with you range you get killed for whiffing.
She has weaknesses that a lot of people on here have outlined. But if you still think she is OP go try her out against a good Scarlet or Cetrion. Bet those cancels don't do shit for you when you have no couinter zoning ability and T-rex starters.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If you think the comparison is unfair go play kabal. The cost of meter is also there for visual cue.
I said what i said, cause Kabal is superior to Jacqui almost everywhere on the screen. Kabal ignores footsies when in sweep range and mid range and full screen he has a godlike projectile, one of the best FB's in the game and he has the option to yolo nomad dash.

Kabal has no gimmicks. Jacqui has.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Jacquis cancels are at designated points in her strings, you always know she has that option. They don’t cost resources because her pressure revolves around it. Comparing it to other cancels doesn’t make sense because they serve a different purpose. I personally think if a nerf is in order, make f3 a high. She’ll still have an 11f mid in f12, and it would make her pressure less braindead. She wouldn’t be able to just loop f3 cancels and hit confirm into a combo, you’d have to think a little more.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Going to start off explaining how I view jacqui and then list some possible changes to address her.

The thing with jacqui cancels is F3 cancel into D1 is trading with a bunch of mids in the game. Even her sweep cancel into D1 is 10f total. The meta sort of forces S1 to be risky, hoping she's trying to really push it or D1 but if she blocks she just goes again. Then if you manage to condition her to just block. If you can't actually just mix her you'd probably go for a throw in any other scenario. But with Jacqui you just took a risk because for 1 bar (bar she doesn't use unless she's actually hitting you) you're guessing if she guessed correctly. Which could end up with you just eating the throw reversals because you don't want to give her the KB. Overall the risk/reward system is skewed towards her and it's especially bad if you can't manage to enforce some actual mixup she has to block.

As for the "she has to get in" narrative. "getting in" is being 2 back dashes away. Cause then dash punch is in play. She takes a step forward and B22 is in play. She got two safe options, one you can confirm and neither you can react to.

So here's a list of changes, it's not necessary for all of them to happen. Just a mix of potential ideas.
  1. F3 slower or a high.
  2. Cancels more negative
  3. 8f D1
  4. Clinch is high.
  5. Do the thing with BF2 where if she gets blocked in close you get a punish. But around the outside range she gets the safety she has now.
  6. If you guess right on tech reversal she has to guess again. Maybe allow her to spend another bar on a correct guess to try again. This cost nothing to the player who initiated the throw. (I personally think some risk needs to be added to her tech reversal game. Even if she took like half throw damage if the opponent techs the reversal. Something.)
  7. Some kind of limiter on the cancels. Not necessarily that it cost a bar. Maybe it's just not capable without 1 def bar. So you can do unlimited cancels as long as you have 1 bar. Maybe make cancels cost half a bar? You'd get 4 of em. That's got to be enough.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
REO updated nerf video suggests inability to cancel without offense bar which is still pretty generous to me.

With the lack of communication though I’m guessing we wont be seeing a patch for a while still. Just seems like NRS is completely out of touch this time.

Lmaooo u actually think the only normal she has to get in from full screen (that’s already punishable if you have more than 5 brain cells) should be punishable on block? Go play a different game if u want free wins bud.

Edit: like please explain to me, what threat does jacqui have full screen (outside of b2 range) that would keep you from ducking? You can bait out and punish bf2 sooo easily if u just think for literally 1 second.
who said I was looking for free wins? you need to calm that shit down. It's not even a problem to me. you don't see dragon kick being safe. trying to call someone dumb but you're out here actually typing out, "edit" like a moron.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
With the lack of communication though I’m guessing we wont be seeing a patch for a while still. Just seems like NRS is completely out of touch this time.
NRS never had good communication.

But yeah, cancels cost meter, and are typically negative. I don't see why hers should be different. F3 is literally one of the best buttons in the game and it leads to ginormous damage.

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
The only change Jacqui should receive is make her f3 a couple of frames slower. Thats it. Character is fine compared to some other bs that exist in this game.

Also as the above poster said. Lol at the comparison to Kabal.
I'll take that... Make it slower OR make the cancels recover two frames slower OR nerf the damage. Whatever you do doesnt matter... She's not fine right now lol

U know why dragon kick isn’t safe bruh? Because liu kang doesn’t rely on dragon kick as his means of starting of his sole game plan, jacqui does. Liu also has some of the fastest projectiles in the game, and a projectiles absorb depending on variation. Jacqui has none of those things. And also, dragon kick is a MID not a HIGH like dash punch. I feel like you have no idea what you’re talking about dude. Your argument to nerf jacqui’s HIGH dash punch is liu kang has a punishable full screen MID? Huh? And also, jacqui does actually have a full screen mid like dragon kick kick in her kustom variations and guess what? ITS PUNISHABLE. Just like u keep whining her completely punishable high dash punch should be XD

U know why dragon kick isn’t safe bruh? Because liu kang doesn’t rely on dragon kick as his means of starting of his sole game plan, jacqui does. Liu also has some of the fastest projectiles in the game, and a projectiles absorb depending on variation. Jacqui has none of those things. And also, dragon kick is a MID not a HIGH like dash punch. I feel like you have no idea what you’re talking about dude. Your argument to nerf jacqui’s HIGH dash punch is liu kang has a punishable full screen MID? Huh? And also, jacqui does actually have a full screen mid like dragon kick kick in her kustom variations and guess what? ITS PUNISHABLE. Just like u keep whining her completely punishable high dash punch should be XD
^ This is why I made my thread for Jacqui since this one is turning into a NERF JACQUI thread lolz. Not to mention, theres another thread under her name discussing her (MU) match ups if anyone has trouble against her or her vs the rest of the cast smh. Yep like I stated before, people treat this character like she LITERALLY really killed or hurt one of their family members or something.

^ This is why I made my thread for Jacqui since this one is turning into a NERF JACQUI thread lolz. Not to mention, theres another thread under her name discussing her (MU) match ups if anyone has trouble against her or her vs the rest of the cast smh. Yep like I stated before, people treat this character like she LITERALLY really killed or hurt one of their family members or something.
Yea it’s one thing to want this character nerfed, but at least have a sound argument that isn’t just drawing arbitrary comparisons between random characters.

FreshPrinceOfPine

You think you're bad?
I wish they had made a new character that revolved around muay thai instead of giving it to jaqui. breathe in this chick's direction and here she comes with cancels and b22 safe dash punch
Sagat guest character when

But fr her moveset and animations are the only reason I started playing her bc I practice muay thai irl, and I hated her in mkx