What's new

No love for MK Shaolin Monks multiplayer?

Why is this game's multiplayer never talked about at all in forums, streams, or in general? Does everyone believe that it's that bad? (Personally I think that it can be fun) Did people forget about its existence? For those who actually played it: who did you main, what was your favorite part of the game (or did you just hate it). I'm curious...

Tim Static

Adminerator
its amazing, but its not online. If NRS were to release it with multiplayer, i'd be all over that. Monks is one of the best games the MK guys ever made, spin off or not.

Tom Brady did some amazing guides for this game too.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Kung Lao's dive kicks are so ridiculous in that game. I always got caught in them when my brother used KL.

Edit: I was Liu Kang user. Also played Kitana and Kung Lao a lot too.

Based on what I saw with REO's guides for MK Armageddon; I could see him knowing who the best character is...

Also I wonder if anyone ever made a combo video for the game...

ded

Elder God
http://www.youtube.com/user/CHECK4900/videos?query=shaolin monks - Some great combos by Check.

Also the game is really fun, but very unbalanced in vs. I believe Sub-Zero is something like god tier (111, 111 inf) plus all that arena traps and chests lol

The quick vs guide by Tom Brady is also decent and more than enough imo: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mksm-vs-mode-guide.21522/

The game is now fully playable on PCSX2 (although you will need really powerful pc), but I've never tried pcsx2 online.

111, 111 for sub is not a inf. It can be teched after the second 111. The only infinite for Sub is the one i found for him.

No infinites were discovered until i broke the game down. All of them can be found on my youtube.

Shaolin Monks is horribly unbalanced.

Thanks to my good friend ded for remembering who really broke this game down.

For the record, the Liu Kang infinite i found is escapable as well. Other than that, all my other infinites work.

Reactions: ded

ded

Elder God
Ops, i meant 111 trap when foe has no metter lol, sorry for that. Its been ages since i played this game. Also, you should get codebreaker and exploit the rest of the characters, Check ;]

Ops, i meant 111 trap when foe has no metter lol, sorry for that. Its been ages since i played this game. Also, you should get codebreaker and exploit the rest of the characters, Check ;]
The situation will never arise where they have no meter for the full infinite. Maybe 1 or 2 extra reps. But yea, pretty sure you can tech at 20% meter. Even then, you wouldn't have enough time to do the entire 111 infinite. To me, its a joke that it's even listed.

I would love to do that. I'm going to re-record my MKSM finds this week and post them. I found a Scorpion teleport hellfire infinite right before i went to Chicago to beta test MK9 that i still haven't posted.

In time, my friend. I need to buy a codebreaker.

Reactions: ded
Check what do you mean who really broke it down? those infinites amongst other combos were great finds, no doubt you def had a big part in the games breakdown, but top tier strats and vs play knowledge are just as important as combos. Why do you need sole credit for everything? ppl acknowledge your work, dont forget to do the same.

besides, doesnt matter if its an infinite or 100% st3 combo, still works. although, a lot of your stuff is meterless.