What's new

Question - Shinnok NJP spam online

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The point is, you should never complain about "spam."

Actual spam is a free win.

Repeating moves until you adjust is either smart play, or your opponent deliberately trying to teach you something.

Either way, it's not something to complain about. Your opponent just showed you exactly where you need to level up. That's pretty much the best thing that could happen.
I am not complaining, I'm just trying to level up. Of course it is pretty annoying when you see that your game is clearly of an higher level than his but you still lose (or get close to it) because of 1 move you can't adapt to, but that's the point of this thread, I don't want those njps to give me issues anymore.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I am not complaining, I'm just trying to level up. Of course it is pretty annoying when you see that your game is clearly of an higher level than his but you still lose (or get close to it) because of 1 move you can't adapt to, but that's the point of this thread, I don't want those njps to give me issues anymore.
Your best bet is seriously just walk back into hellsparks. If you know Boneshaper you can also use armored scoop as he's on the way down from some ranges and it should still catch him.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Your best bet is seriously just walk back into hellsparks. If you know Boneshaper you can also use armored scoop as he's on the way down from some ranges and it should still catch him.
someone already told me about the HLs and the scoop is also a really good idea, thanks.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
someone already told me about the HLs and the scoop is also a really good idea, thanks.
Np man, I see your pic is Quan too. He has a 5 or 6 frame (I forget) NJP which is really good for countering shit like this. If you're out of range his FJP into B2 trance works good too.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
The NJP's and AA in this game are serious JOKE. This is part of this game I will never truly accept or understand.
Some characters can actually spam NJP. Raiden is plus on blocked NJP that can wiff punish a lots of moves.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Take the word 'spam' out of your vocabulary when it comes to fighting games. Only scrubs use that term. If your opponent repeatedly uses the same move, it's because you're not adapting to it so there's no reason for them to stop.
21122 21122 21122 21122 21122.

Sorry I had to do this. lol

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I make it a point not to challenge any Kungs or Takeda in the air.
Keep things grounded. Space things so they whiff the njp and use your punish of choice.
If you can't full combo off of thier whiff, any projectile should suffice. Don't get cornered.

Kung Jin was a 1st month beast that could not be stopped. And then people started blocking more.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I don't trust the latency enough to run in for a whiff punish, so I usually stick to projectiles and for the most part...it works.

F/T is another annoying one, but I can apply the same formula with similar to exact results. Sometimes with Erron I'll use his db4 and at worst, it'll trade, but it usually conditions them to stop the jumping madness since they're not getting their full combo off of it.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
i feel you bruh... is like, that the people trying to play this game "by the rules" get butt fucked online, by idiots mashing down 1/3/4 into overhead/grab, is just ridiculous, i know that you play Quan too, what i do is, stay in the range of the B2, then, abuse that shit.... lol

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I suggest you don't stop using the word "spam" because the definition of the word is what it is: repeatedly using the same thing. It doesn't say anything about doing it with a brain or without. It's still spamming. Definitions, ya know? :REO

Nothing scrubby about using a word correctly.

Wigy

There it is...
Reversal hellsparks? Probably one of the best AA for njps in the game no?

Online its hella annoying though

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Reversal hellsparks? Probably one of the best AA for njps in the game no?

Online its hella annoying though
the 1st spark explodes really low so it doesn't work as well up close. as some people already said here, backdash into hellsparks is already better.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
It's only plus on the way down, most NJP's are combo punishable when instant-aired. It just seems like they aren't because online.
Why would you use it on the way up? I use it on the way down to see if the opponent makes a move to wiff punish and take plus frames if they block. The range of his NJP makes it kind of safe. If the opponent respects it and block you can empty NJ. land and B3. Another good use is after F24 LRC on block you get plus frames then NJP to wiff punish if they try to poke or do some string. You have time to confirm the wiff. It isn not spamable, but it is a very good tool. Ask Pyro Tanya players :)

funkl3

Noob
If you're impostor, you could always back dash and teleport when they're grounded and get a njp in of your own. Aside from that the Hellsparks are easily the best anti njp tool shinnok has.