What's new

NJP in MK11

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Apologies I made this thread on my phone, accidentally posted the orginal thread under mk2...

I have been living the past couple of days...well in komplete bliss with the release of mk11. While everyone seems like they have something to complain about the game, my main main issue is nature of the NJP.

Now I'm not saying I dislike the change, in fact in time I might prefer it. As of right now I'm just personally missing the old mechanics of the NJPs in the previous mks. What am I referring to? The satisfactory pop up you got when you NJPed your opponent..

Just curious on everyone's opinion on this change. I haven't seen this mentioned AT ALL, and I've seen a lot of players complaining about mk11s "issues"

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Even in a game that's almost the polar opposite of the combo-heavy MKX, I was surprised when they changed it in the first place. I figured it'd make it back like the F3/B3 of the last few MK games.

SarahFCM

Noob
I like the new NJP being a normal jump in punch simply because I can do regular combos from it without worry of hit confirming. However I do wish there was like a universal pop up or something like it simply because combos generally feel really limited in this game.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’m glad the njp popup is gone. I hated it. It looked dumb, and it was annoying when people would be applying pressure, then just jump straight up in the air. Really, really hated it.

The new hop mechanic is much better, though no one seems to use it.

Kratilim

Noob
I’m glad the njp popup is gone. I hated it. It looked dumb, and it was annoying when people would be applying pressure, then just jump straight up in the air. Really, really hated it.

The new hop mechanic is much better, though no one seems to use it.
Agreed, I also hated the NJP combos and gameplay. Current system is fine. And I've actually used the hops from time to time punishing sweeps for example with a quick bonk on the head.

i like the new njp. it looks better and gameplay-wise it fits into the overall feeling of mk11 which i prefer over mkx by miles.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I don't think the issue with MKX's NJPs were the fact that they launched, it was just that they weren't balanced at all. Some characters had ridiculous NJPs and would spend most of the match fishing to land one. Seeing Pred and Raiden whiff 30 NJPs a match just looked utterly stupid. Takeda and Kung Jin could literally counter poke you with theirs. Quan's was 5 frames. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else.

But yeah, it is what it is. Instead of normalizing everyone's NJP they just took away the launch properties, probably easier. I'm fine with it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If they would add the old one, it would feel too much like IJ2. Wall bounces and NJP bounces should stay in that game imo.

It would be cool if they had the old one as a universal move that everyone has that you can add to your custom variation if you wanted it and take up a slot.