What's new

Nitara to share Drahmin's fate (not making the cut) for Mortal Kombat X, says Boon

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
You'd be surprised if a fat, drunken character known for his comic moves wasn't in the new dark, gritty Mortal Kombat X but you wouldn't be surprised if they left out characters like Motaro or Havik????? What?!
Yes. Bo'Rai Cho was an important figure in Deception. He trained Liu Kang, Shujinko, etc. And Deception, until MKX likely dethrones it, is still the darkest, grittiest MK we've had. He fits in fine.

Like I said, I see plenty of potential for the other characters I mentioned (I didn't mention Motaro). Especially for Havik and Hotaru, who are two of my all time favorites. But I could see them going a different direction and leaving them out for new characters or something.

Bo had a more important role to major characters and we saw him in MK9 endings. That's why I say that.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If they can take a pudgy cop and turn him into an action hero that can solo Mileena, Sheeva, Kintaro, and Ermac, they can make Bo Rai Cho a bit more badass and serious.

The point is, they can easily change existing characters to fit the current mode.

So many of you are very short-sighted or closed minded.
Oh dear God the assumption...

Obviously they could change a character. What I'm saying is is that at the moment Bo Rai Cho isn't this dark character, which is why it makes little sense that he would be surprised if Bo Rai Cho was excluded from MKX.

Also Stryker was never known as a "pudgy cop", and his moves don't involve bouncing bellies or puking on the ground. Styker's moveset involves guns and grenades, nothing comic about that. Bo Rai Cho is known for being a funny character.

Don't be so hasty, understand where I'm coming from first lol.
Yes. Bo'Rai Cho was an important figure in Deception. He trained Liu Kang, Shujinko, etc. And Deception, until MKX likely dethrones it, is still the darkest, grittiest MK we've had. He fits in fine.

Like I said, I see plenty of potential for the other characters I mentioned (I didn't mention Motaro). Especially for Havik and Hotaru, who are two of my all time favorites. But I could see them going a different direction and leaving them out for new characters or something.

Bo had a more important role to major characters and we saw him in MK9 endings. That's why I say that.
You're right, he was an important character.....in that other storyline. MKX follows a new storyline.
And that's not good logic, just because Deception was the darkest, grittiest MK to date doesn't make Bo Rai Cho that too.

That's better logic though, I can see your point that because he was in the MK9 endings then he might have more significance in MKX. Unfortunately a lot of the MK9 cast died, and I know I know you can bring them back easily through Quan but they're still dead currently and there's going to be more new characters in the roster than anything else in the end, so there's still less of a chance of him being in.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.

I liked Hotaru and Havik too. I think they'd fit quite well into MKX with just a bit of work. The order vs chaos thing was never sufficiently developed in the old story line. It's unlikely to be part of the main plot this time either but they could still use it. And I thought they were characters with really cool concepts. MKD didn't do them justice. But now character design and portrayals are way better.