What's new

Nitara General Discussion

Raider

Noob
Overall i think that they did her dirty. After 17 years, i feel like she was just used for marketing purpose to push the celebrity called Megan Fox into the game.
Nothing about her stands out, she doesn't really look like old Nitara, she doesn't sound like old Nitara and she mostly doesn't play like old Nitara. I think that casting Megan Fox was a big mistake by WB/NRS because Nitara sounding like a valley girl, so flat and like she is just reading a script is not what we've been waiting for!

Digestia

Noob
Overall i think that they did her dirty. After 17 years, i feel like she was just used for marketing purpose to push the celebrity called Megan Fox into the game.
Nothing about her stands out, she doesn't really look like old Nitara, she doesn't sound like old Nitara and she mostly doesn't play like old Nitara. I think that casting Megan Fox was a big mistake by WB/NRS because Nitara sounding like a valley girl, so flat and like she is just reading a script is not what we've been waiting for!
Putting her voice acting next to Ashrah's in the trailer was almost cruel

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
well, from as little as we saw and I really don't have the comparison to the whole cast yet - I think that her 2nd fatality (bat one not the gut one) is decent and definitely one of the best in this game.

xiskza

Underworld
Unfortunately I would have to agree with you

haketh

Noob
She did not have much of any Gameplay identity at all before MK1. The way she plays looks tight and her mobility is off the charts. Y'all have got to chill lol.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
This screams MKX Raiden kinda broken / buggy with damage scaling. I dont see this amount of damage with 1 bar and no kameos staying.

Super cool execution for her combo routes, though.
It’s 3 bars, not 1. Absurd damage is not exclusive to Nitara in this game, lol.

Reactions: jmt

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Side note: anyone noticed that many unlockable brutalities seem to be bugged? I attempted to do her BF2 brutality dozens of times to no avail, same with Li Mei’s F44.

I don't like Nitara's voice that much. I think Megan Fox would be a better fit for Sonya Blade for example.

Her voice is to "soft" for a character like Nitara. But what I notice the most is, her voice sounds weird compared to other characters. Her voice feels indeed out of place, it feels like her voice is from different quality or a different studio/device has been used.

As for gameplay wise, I'm going to give her a try this weekend. She seems fun to play, but first I need to unlock a alternative outfit. That Jimmy Neutron haircut is to distracting. :laughing:

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It’s 3 bars, not 1. Absurd damage is not exclusive to Nitara in this game, lol.
She can do 46% with a bar from an AA with no kameo. It’s kinda crazy lol
Side note: anyone noticed that many unlockable brutalities seem to be bugged? I attempted to do her BF2 brutality dozens of times to no avail, same with Li Mei’s F44.
I was having issues with that as well but now it seems to work for me every time. The one I can’t do for the life of me is her f12 brutality. I can do every single brutality but that one

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What Kameos are you guys using with her?
I’ve had the most success with Sareena (surprise surprise), but I’ve also had success with Scorpion (juggle capabilities) Frost (set play with orb and free ex blood sacrifice into a combo) and Darrius (nasty 50/50 situations into crazy damage)

KCJ506

Noob
Yeah this is Ronda Rousey all over again. Fox was never even well regarded as an actor and has been a minor celebrity at best for the better part of a decade now. It's not like her presence is gonna boost sales for a fighting game that already has a large following. The worst thing about this while Nitara is voiced by Fox in the story and pre battle intros, her yells, grunts etc are voiced by Christina Vee. Which begs the question, why didn't they just get Vee to actually do Nitara's voice since she actually does voice acting as a profession and would have likely cost less than Fox?

Raider

Noob
Yeah this is Ronda Rousey all over again. Fox was never even well regarded as an actor and has been a minor celebrity at best for the better part of a decade now. It's not like her presence is gonna boost sales for a fighting game that already has a large following. The worst thing about this while Nitara is voiced by Fox in the story and pre battle intros, her yells, grunts etc are voiced by Christina Vee. Which begs the question, why didn't they just get Vee to actually do Nitara's voice since she actually does voice acting as a profession and would have likely cost less than Fox?
We should as WB i guess. Because these are usually their decisions.