What's new

Ninja Smoke Help

Can someone please tell me what i need to do to get good with Ninja smoke ? I already know the basics like his combo the x x y y back y and his tele punch and spear i just need to know some like juggles and stuff like that so please help.

Thanks

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only time I ever use the 4 hit combo is if for some reason I get it with a starter near the corner, and depending on my opponent, I will use a comboed ducking LK after it for a solid 35% lol. After the ducking LK push back, they tend to rush, which sets up a free RH to harpoon.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
HP, HP, HK, B+HK = 24%

HK, LP, JK, TP, Harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw = 56%

You decide.

resist do u mean JP start yes there is ways and many things u can do out of a JP start

JP, popup, walk forward aaHP, spear, and so on

JP, popup, aaTELEPUNCH, spear, and so on

JP, popup, deep JK, spear, and so one

i recomend doing the deep JK you will get the most damage wise but it is harder to land on some animations like syndel's falling sprite is hard to land it on

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You have to do HK LP off the JPS, if you're using LK LP, it will not work. The same goes for all kick starting autocombos of a JP or SUJK

Shock said:
HP, HP, HK, B+HK = 24%

HK, LP, JK, TP, Harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw = 56%

You decide.
I don't know If it's me coz I do it too slow or becuase I'm using a ps2 pad but I can never land the harpoon after the tp. I either usually misses by a mile or It doesn't come out at all.

Any help? :lol:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
When you do the teleport punch, buffer the B,B motion before you hit the ground and hit one more B+LP when you touch the ground.

A little side note:

A lot of people have trouble connecting multiple harpoons in combos when it is the best scenario for damage. They think that there is a number of hits between uses of the teleport punch and harpoon (during connected hits) but there isn't. It's actually a time limit which is approximately 1.8 seconds from when the harpoon disappears from the screen, to when you can throw another. I never realized this until a few years ago when I was trying combos with Ermac that sometimes the TKS wouldn't come out even if I did 3 hits between uses and I knew I could combo it.

Basically you can throw the harpoon full screen, and when it connects, reel the line in and that whole duration is not counted as part of the recovery time. When the harpoon disappears and Smoke/Scorpion can move again, is when the recharge time starts.

Three hits inbetween uses coincidentally happens to satisfy this time frame in most cases, but try something like harpoon, immediately do HK, LP, teleport punch and attempt a harpoon, and it will not come out. After connecting the initial harpoon, try to stick in a half second pause before continuing with a juggle to ensure the second harpoon.

dreemernj

Ambassador
That sounds like a "The More You Know" public service announcement about the proper use of the ninja spear.

dreemernj said:
That sounds like a "The More You Know" public service announcement about the proper use of the ninja spear.
I actually didn't know that(what Shock said) So it was helpfull. Definetly good to know to wait a half a second or so before comboing. I have trouble because I start the combo up too fast. And I wonder why the spear doesn't come out.

Ah thats what I do I land the harpoon and hk,lk, jk tp and the second harpoon never came so I need to wait awhile after the initial harpoon so the second lands. Thanks :D Shock

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hero, there is a limit to the number of hits you can do before the harpoon is disabled entirely as well.

Harpoon, HK, LP, JK, TP, Harpoon will never work because you have surpassed the 4 hit limit when the TP connects. It is possible to cancel a LP, HP, or even JK to a harpoon on the 5th hit, but it needs to be done the instant the attack connects.

It is similar to what is referred to in some games as "just frames" or enabling an attack on the very first or last frame of animation/tick it can performed in a given situation. In MK, we call this specific function "Glitch canceling" specifically since there are very few games where moves become disabled by the number of hits you do.

At NEC7, Julian performed Sub's ice breaker fatality the instant "Sub-zero Wins" appeared on the screen, that is the very last frame/tick where you can input the command for a fatality, and I said "Oh cool, a just frames fatality" Julian responded with "Haha he said just frames."

The combo you should do after connecting a harpoon first is (pause) HK, LP, deep JK (or aaHP or teleport punch or even teleport punch whiff to aaHP), Harpoon, pop up combo to air juggle.

Hero101 said:
Ah thats what I do I land the harpoon and hk,lk, jk tp and the second harpoon never came so I need to wait awhile after the initial harpoon so the second lands. Thanks :D Shock
Try this if you Harpoon someone first.

Spear, Hk, Lp, (wait a sec) TP, Spear, Hk, Lp, aahp, JK, aaGrab.

Derek

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
Try this if you Harpoon someone first.

Spear, Hk, Lp, (wait a sec) TP, Spear, Hk, Lp, aahp, JK, aaGrab.
No that's wasting damage. Seriously stop telling people to do combos that are worth less damage than other combos. I don't care if it's easier, it doesn't make sense.

Try THIS if you spear someone first.

Spear, HK, LP, Deep Jump Kick, Spear, HK, LP, aaHP, JK, Air Throw.

Without the aaHP it's 45% not including the Air Trhow. Your without the aaHP not including the Air Throw is 41%.

l SuGaR l said:
No that's wasting damage. Seriously stop telling people to do combos that are worth less damage than other combos. I don't care if it's easier, it doesn't make sense.

Try THIS if you spear someone first.

Spear, HK, LP, Deep Jump Kick, Spear, HK, LP, aaHP, JK, Air Throw.

Without the aaHP it's 45% not including the Air Trhow. Your without the aaHP not including the Air Throw is 41%.
you can do the same exact combo with a JP starter so it would look like this

JP, HK, LP, Deep Jump Kick, Spear, HK, LP, aaHP, JK, Air Throw.

for 50% and watever the air throw is

Derek

Noob
ilovepoop said:
you can do the same exact combo with a JP starter so it would look like this

JP, HK, LP, Deep Jump Kick, Spear, HK, LP, aaHP, JK, Air Throw.

for 50% and watever the air throw is
It's over 50% with the aaHP. I never do the aaHP because you can always end up with beefy damage without it and you could really fuck up the whole match. Factoring in the Air Throw on that combo without aaHP it's around 57%.

another good combo is the aaRH, Tele punch, spear, popup JK airthrow. Really catches people off guard and does over 50% so two of them and its game over. Alot of people jump right at the start and its an easy 50%+ to start the fight. A question when you get someone by the corner do you prefer the popup, jk aaHR hk instead of the traditional ending?

synbadd said:
another good combo is the aaRH, Tele punch, spear, popup JK airthrow. Really catches people off guard and does over 50% so two of them and its game over. Alot of people jump right at the start and its an easy 50%+ to start the fight. A question when you get someone by the corner do you prefer the popup, jk aaHR hk instead of the traditional ending?
this combo is amazingly hard to do on the controller and i believe you can do this to ad an extra few hits

aaRH, TP, aaLP, SPEAR, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, AIRTHROW