What's new

Video/Tutorial - Nimble Nimble Variation Guide (Meterless Setups)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hello TYM,

I've taken the time out to put together a nimble video for everyone. This is less of a combo video and more of a video exploring his options in nimble vs some of the cast. As i stated in the video there are far too many punishes and matchups for me to post in one video. Over the course of following weeks i will post as many character specific setups as i can. For now i hope this helps anyone in the dark when it comes to nimble.

The video contains

Meterless Nimble setups both mid screen and corner

Character Specific Setup Starter Pack (these examples should act as a foundation to build off of in different matchups)

And some Misc Nimble stuff

If anyone has any questions regarding anything in the video just post below.

@OFIDYAN @Milkman @Wam-Zlay @Pig Of The Hut @dribirut @RM Cossner @THTB @InFlames @zoofs

Xev

Noob
Awesome vid, great work as always. Been revisiting nimble as of late and it's still a ton of fun.

Very useful and inspiring! That double NJP is something I've never thought of. Well done man! I'm going to use Nimble some more in casuals and see how it goes. I've always loved it, probably the most fun variation to use!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Very useful and inspiring! That double NJP is something I've never thought of. Well done man! I'm going to use Nimble some more in casuals and see how it goes. I've always loved it, probably the most fun variation to use!
Thanks man! it definitely is fun.

Definitely my flavor of the week variation.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Great stuff

I realllllllllly need to take this variation to lab

Lot of Oppertunity w this variation

Thanks josh

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I started picking up nimble for fun, because i like to use it against some specific characters. This meterless nimble setups are awesome :). As you said, this variation is probably the most difficult one.

this was the best nimble video i´ve ever seen - tyvm

Themata94

They're comin' outta the Goddamn walls!
You're a credit to the community, man. The steps back for meterless setups against Sub had never even occurred to me, I was convinced that slide was always reaching me. Double NJP for teleporting characters also went under the radar.

Nimble already provided some insanity with mostly meter-burned setups so I'm definitely going to need to lab this some more, only just regained a serious interest in the variation!

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I started picking up nimble for fun, because i like to use it against some specific characters. This meterless nimble setups are awesome :). As you said, this variation is probably the most difficult one.

this was the best nimble video i´ve ever seen - tyvm
I was using Nimble for specific characters as well, right now i think it does even better against characters like tremor. It's a complicated variation and a lot more is left to be found.
Thank you

J360 did anyone ever tell you that you sound like Obama?
Thats a new one haha, i've been told i look like chris brown, and now i sound like obama.

Will sticky the thread for you @G4S J360
:tonyt

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
You're a credit to the community, man. The steps back for meterless setups against Sub had never even occurred to me, I was convinced that slide was always reaching me. Double NJP for teleporting characters also went under the radar.
Nimble already provided some insanity with mostly meter-burned setups so I'm definitely going to need to lab this some more, only just regained a serious interest in the variation!
Yeah there are setups for every character, some will not allow you to to get nimble out without a fight when they have meter. And thank you for your words.

Never stop to amaze me.
Thank you, Nimble it's really a difficult variation to lab and use.
Thank you, and yes nimble is difficult yet highly rewarding.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
This is great, there's a lot of stuff in there I never would've thought of myself.

The double njp is really cool but how easy is it opening the enemy up post nimble setup? I haven't had much hands-on experience and am wondering how crucial getting nimble up is compared to getting 30-something damage.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
This is great, there's a lot of stuff in there I never would've thought of myself.

The double njp is really cool but how easy is it opening the enemy up post nimble setup? I haven't had much hands-on experience and am wondering how crucial getting nimble up is compared to getting 30-something damage.
Its fairly easy depending on the matchup. The opponent has to be extra extra careful to not whiff anything or else they risk getting blown up. Also you can build tons of meter when its out. Either on block strings or faster than normal zoning.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
The last few days i kinda just played nimble to see if the setups are rewarding. I can´t perfectly do them (sometimes i get caught, because i fail) and my combos out of the nimble setups aren´t optimal yet.

It´s pretty strong, when you know you can get out nimble for free after a combo. Baiting wake ups with nimble is pretty strong. Probably as strong as noxious gas setups, where people think they can easily punish me for activating my gas.

You finally convinced me that this variation is awesome :D.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
The last few days i kinda just played nimble to see if the setups are rewarding. I can´t perfectly do them (sometimes i get caught, because i fail) and my combos out of the nimble setups aren´t optimal yet.

It´s pretty strong, when you know you can get out nimble for free after a combo. Baiting wake ups with nimble is pretty strong. Probably as strong as noxious gas setups, where people think they can easily punish me for activating my gas.

You finally convinced me that this variation is awesome :D.
Awesome! Ive been doing some optimal nimble setups and i have some pretty dirty tactics when activated. Ive been winning alot more with nimble as the setups have proven to be strong for me. Starting monday ill have access to my capture card so ill be posting character specific stuff.