What's new

Nightwolf Frame traps/Frame Game

Still new here but trying to stay active. Nightwolfs frames rival chuck norris's. He has crazy potential. So far I've only been able to play online so im not sure how viable this is but...

Its seems as though any of his hatchet strings become traps if you back dash and start the pressure again. They're probably just psuedo frame traps but its working for me. 1221~ Back dash b+11df+1~ bnb... Golden so far for me..

Anyone else have Frame traps or "psuedo-traps" they care to share...

Lets get to work people. That hatchet looks more and more like a CN roundhouse everytime I see it:evilgrin1:

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Most of his strings are + or neutral on block.

My favorite frame traps/mix ups I have made so far are:
The F+31 loop, it has a natural delay to it, so it's a frame trap. You can stop the F+3 and not do the one, and do many other options.
Off the top of my head you could do:
Continue the F+31 loop into command throw, which may be + on block and is 2 natural delays in one string.
Do another F+3
Go into a D+3
regular throw
Continue F+312

My other favorite string to do this is 112, he has a delay between the last 1, and the ending 2. So you could do the same mix ups above.

One more thing, a meaty jump in kick is a frame trap/mix up as well.

Jump in kick 0.o Really? Do you mix it up with JiFP? Also nice find on the 112 Im messing with it right now... He's over all REALLY safe. I only ever get punished when my fuckin D pad throws out a reflect instead of an instant uppercut.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Jump in kick 0.o Really? Do you mix it up with JiFP? Also nice find on the 112 Im messing with it right now... He's over all REALLY safe. I only ever get punished when my fuckin D pad throws out a reflect instead of an instant uppercut.
Somewhat, you wanna time the jump in kick so it hits below the knee, then it's guaranteed free + on block

Thats hard as shit to time online... So +Frames after the kick... into... anything right? Start the f+3 pressure again. What if they get wise and just start throwing AA as soon as you jump?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Thats hard as shit to time online... So +Frames after the kick... into... anything right? Start the f+3 pressure again. What if they get wise and just start throwing AA as soon as you jump?
That's why you mix it up. Lol, I rarely do that jump mix up, unless it's guaranteed. Like after a back throw.

Okay... Lol. That makes more sense. You had me confused a little bit. Grarenteed after a back throw? Thats good shit. How do you do your testing? I've been trying to get my roomate to help but he's not really down for the struggle. Any single player test methods?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Okay... Lol. That makes more sense. You had me confused a little bit. Grarenteed after a back throw? Thats good shit. How do you do your testing? I've been trying to get my roomate to help but he's not really down for the struggle. Any single player test methods?
I test with two controllers, and it's guaranteed, but you can't do it on Kano, Baraka, or Kung Lao

5-5?!?! Kung Lao's worst match-up. lol. I have'nt really been having trouble in that match-up at all. Maybe just the calibur of players im facing.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
5-5?!?! Kung Lao's worst match-up. lol. I have'nt really been having trouble in that match-up at all. Maybe just the calibur of players im facing.
Lol nah, Noob, Reptile, Mileena and I think Kitana give him ALOT of trouble. But going onto the frame traps. That's all that he has really, we pretty much solved this thread in 3 posts. Lol

Going off of DaiHuu's F+3 mixups (I've been in the lab with this too), you can use D+4 (not the sweep) and cancel into hatchet. Pretty sure hatchet is even on block. If they mash during the D+4, hatchet will catch them for some easy damage.

I also like using standing 1 after F+3/F+3,1 into tick throw, F+3 or hatchet.

Nightwolf has frame traps for days, especially given that hatchet is safe, AA's and starts pretty substantial damage.

How safe is F+2? Forgot to test that. Also, how is 2, 3?

Generally, I don't really like using his command throw on block. I feel like it slows down Nightwolf's pressure. Have you had some pretty good success with it, DaiHuu?

I haven't tested my stuff THAT thoroughly so if anyone finds any exceptions where it doesn't work, let me know.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Going off of DaiHuu's F+3 mixups (I've been in the lab with this too), you can use D+4 (not the sweep) and cancel into hatchet. Pretty sure hatchet is even on block. If they mash during the D+4, hatchet will catch them for some easy damage.

I also like using standing 1 after F+3/F+3,1 into tick throw, F+3 or hatchet.

Nightwolf has frame traps for days, especially given that hatchet is safe, AA's and starts pretty substantial damage.

How safe is F+2? Forgot to test that. Also, how is 2, 3?

Generally, I don't really like using his command throw on block. I feel like it slows down Nightwolf's pressure. Have you had some pretty good success with it, DaiHuu?

I haven't tested my stuff THAT thoroughly so if anyone finds any exceptions where it doesn't work, let me know.
Welcome to TYM, glad you made an account to post on Nightwolf's thread :)

I have never thought about the D+4 into hatchet idea, good stuff man. Hatchet is indeed even/safe on block.

Going ahead with your standing 1 idea, I actually like doing some umk3 pressure every now and then by doing 1, dash~1, dash~1, then mixing it up with D+3, F+3~~~

I rarely do F+2, My pressure game is so focused upon 112, 1221, B+2, arrow depending on match up, hatchet, shoulder, lightning, and F+3, that I forget about it. I use 2,3 rarely, usually in the corner to mix it up. but I usually just do 2,3~hatchet or command throw.

His command throw's recovery is fast, and I believe it's + on block if I'm not mistaken. I can usually throw in a d+3 after the blocked command throw, and in certain situations. (Like 11~command throw, F+31~command throw, D+4~command throw) It's a "string" per say and if they do anything inbetween it they get hit. If they block it your still at a SLIGHT advantage.

200 post :)

Riggs

Noob
Love what your doing for the Nightwolf mini community buddy, it's great to see people who really want to develop other people as well as them selfs and the community. The whole thing has alot of potential!

I think you are like -1 on a blocked command grab. The computer was able to jump slight before I was when I tested it.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I think you are like -1 on a blocked command grab. The computer was able to jump slight before I was when I tested it.
Word? We can't be sure until actual frame data is presented, until then we have to go off a wild guess.

Sporko

Noob
Does anybody have an idea of what kind of disadvantage Nightwolf has on blocked shoulder-rush and EX shoulder-rush?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Does anybody have an idea of what kind of disadvantage Nightwolf has on blocked shoulder-rush and EX shoulder-rush?
He's safe on both, both you and your opponent are neutral if they decide to block the rush.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nw is even or - on all combos and specials on block. Frame traps don't exist on block. On block it's all a guessing game. They can always get out.

On hit it is very different. D4 for example on a standing opponent can lead to a string...

So d4 dash f31 df1. If the d4 hits. Either you get a combo or a block string completely safe.

First of all I must give you all a very big thank you. You really have helped me improve my game. But to the point. I'd like to know if the enhanced hatchet is safe on block. My PS is getting repaired so I can't test it myself.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
First of all I must give you all a very big thank you. You really have helped me improve my game. But to the point. I'd like to know if the enhanced hatchet is safe on block. My PS is getting repaired so I can't test it myself.
The regular Hatchet is safe so that should be enough to say that Enhanced Hatchet is.

NW's standing 4, if i had to compare it to another move in a game would be Makoto's s.MP or E. Hondas stand RH(?) its just a brick wall that will stuff any dash in if timed right.