What's new

Guide Nightwolf competition guide

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Are you going to go into specific match ups? Because I find someone like Mileena really challenging.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Are you going to go into specific match ups? Because I find someone like Mileena really challenging.
Fly and I have played close to 1000 games offline, his NW vs my MILeena so yea I'm pretty sure he'll touch on that matchup lol

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Fly and I have played close to 1000 games offline, his NW vs my MILeena so yea I'm pretty sure he'll touch on that matchup lol
Ahh so you two know eachother. I always thought of you two together for some reason. Lord of the fly. Pig of the hut.

Lord of the fly+ pig. Like the book. Lord of the Flies and the character piggy. Such a good book.

Pig Of The Hut

Ahh so you two know eachother. I always thought of you two together for some reason. Lord of the fly. Pig of the hut.

Lord of the fly+ pig. Like the book. Lord of the Flies and the character piggy. Such a good book.
Lol yea, he was a grooms mAn at my wedding and we live 3 miles apart lol

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea pig is awesome. And his mileena is a beast. Nw can punish everything mileena does and I think he is one of her match ups that are not as favorable. I am happy to go into match ups upon request and I'll add mileena as soon as my guide is finished.

I'll be interesting to hear matchup info on Mileena as she gets me very salty. Almost as salty as Raiden.

From my experience Nightwolf's bad matchups are all the top tier characters: Raiden, Reptile, Kitana, Kabal, KL but does well against the rest of the cast.

McNasty

Moist.
I just wanna add that his sweep is only useful for full screen jump ins as its range is deceiving other than that forget it.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Great contribution; thank you very much L0rdoftheFLY. You asked for feedback and I already saw a post asking for you to explore specific matchups. That would be the next step, I think, and would really round out the guide well.

Juaz

Noob
There's a lot of good info in there, thank you for putting all of this together.
I'll be implementing my game with those.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Info on the Sonya/Ermac matchups and gameplay videos in general would be appreciated. Their 6-4 for NW yet I have trouble with them. Ermac always annoys the shit out of me with any character.

I read through this guide, learned all the bnbs and started playing NW. He's good just online some of these hatchet into b2 hatchet into dash 1 122 shoulder can be a little tricky due to lag. He's fun though. Still not sure how to incorporate ex lightning and ex hatchet into my play. Been using meter mostly on ex shoulder to get in through projectiles. I play very aggressively with NW, not sure if that's best but whatever.

i got a 46% midscreen one bar. not practical because of the difficulty of the neutral punch, but if you play reptile then this should be easy for you.

JiP b22~hatchet NP b2~exhatchet dash 1 dash 122~shoulder

so basically, after a connected naked/combo'd hatchet Fly do you ever neutral punch them after into lets say a dash 1 combo string

and if not, why not. Thanks and btw your nightwolf is pretty solid man, pretty fun to watch. There was another nightwolf player on this site named daihuu or something but i never see him post nemore, wonder what happened to him.

also just for fun..

a 49% no meter corner combo is..

JiP b22~hatchet b2~hatchet 1 f312 122~shoulder

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
i got a 46% midscreen one bar. not practical because of the difficulty of the neutral punch, but if you play reptile then this should be easy for you.

JiP b22~hatchet NP b2~exhatchet dash 1 dash 122~shoulder

so basically, after a connected naked/combo'd hatchet Fly do you ever neutral punch them after into lets say a dash 1 combo string

and if not, why not. Thanks and btw your nightwolf is pretty solid man, pretty fun to watch. There was another nightwolf player on this site named daihuu or something but i never see him post nemore, wonder what happened to him.

also just for fun..

a 49% no meter corner combo is..

JiP b22~hatchet b2~hatchet 1 f312 122~shoulder
I have seen the mid screen njp combo you speak of. I tried messing around with them a lot to see how and when they can be used. I have never been able to use them with any consistency. It almost seems random as to when they will connect...however, if on a wakeup they jump in at me and my wakeup axe hits, then a njp is EASY because of the Hight they go. The only problem is I think gravity scaling bumps up quick after a b2 hatchet making a 122 shoulder hrder or impossible to hit. I could be wrong but test it again for me.

The corner combo, I do except I don't jab before the f312. In game mode it usually doesny happen where I land a jip. It is usually a 122 axe or a f31 axe when in the corner. But I like it. If you can do the njp combo in matches I want to see it...and more power to you...cause I havnt mastered that yet.

Burzy

Thanks buddy. I have a lot of haters. Lol most on MKU.

I have seen the mid screen njp combo you speak of. I tried messing around with them a lot to see how and when they can be used. I have never been able to use them with any consistency. It almost seems random as to when they will connect...however, if on a wakeup they jump in at me and my wakeup axe hits, then a njp is EASY because of the Hight they go. The only problem is I think gravity scaling bumps up quick after a b2 hatchet making a 122 shoulder hrder or impossible to hit. I could be wrong but test it again for me.

The corner combo, I do except I don't jab before the f312. In game mode it usually doesny happen where I land a jip. It is usually a 122 axe or a f31 axe when in the corner. But I like it. If you can do the njp combo in matches I want to see it...and more power to you...cause I havnt mastered that yet.

Burzy

Thanks buddy. I have a lot of haters. Lol most on MKU.
the neutral pucnh combo only works with the 1 meter combo, otherwise the 1 dash 122 shoulder wont connect

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This second post will be saved for tourney vids. I will post mine and any other high level vids people post of nightwolf. Thanks in advance. Here is one of me at evo.

Nw vs ermac

Nw vs cyrax

Nw vs mileena
Ok so nw vs mileena added. Keep checking back for more video footage.

Pig Of The Hut

[video=youtube_share;EGE3LiNB4d8]http://youtu.be/EGE3LiNB4d8[/video]

Pig of the hut VS Lord of the fly
Cyber Sub Nightwolf

[video=youtube_share;_q2zhL3FgcU]http://youtu.be/_q2zhL3FgcU[/video]

Music is a joke at the beginning - ice ice baby remix (hence cyber sub...yea we got it )

The best use for arrows ive found is after a cycle of
the lightning trap, alot of players will jump after the knockdown. i like to bait their jump and arrow into shoulder charge. You need to be around full screen for this to time right, but its easy.

Griefa

Noob
How do you deal with crossover pressure on wakeup? Im getting really good with NW now but I was playing MagnetoHalfway and he was just molesting me, mostly with crossover wakeup pressure. Usually I just charge, but he was down +4 canceling into low hat on my wakeup charges, which sent me into a stagger state giving him more openers.

Hatchet seems to work only if they jump late, and Ive still not found a use for Ex choke. Anything Im missing?

McNasty

Moist.
How do you deal with crossover pressure on wakeup? Im getting really good with NW now but I was playing MagnetoHalfway and he was just molesting me, mostly with crossover wakeup pressure. Usually I just charge, but he was down +4 canceling into low hat on my wakeup charges, which sent me into a stagger state giving him more openers.

Hatchet seems to work only if they jump late, and Ive still not found a use for Ex choke. Anything Im missing?
Hes reading your wake up pattern get up with nothing or if you know hes going to cross you up wait till hes over your head and do ex choke. Its a bit risky id just recommend doing nothing on wake up.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Against Kung Lao, you got to do an empty wakeup and bait a low hat. After a low hat, poke your way out with d3 or d1 link to axe...after that just punish teleports with uppercuts, punish dive kicks with combos, just watch out for rolls...that's where Lao give nw trouble and spacing becomes more important.