What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
You think NW beats Killer Frost? Seems like a lot of his bread and butter pressure gets shut down really really hard by parry. Why do you think it is advantage?
I think its either 6-4 her favor. she stops all your zone options and can parry everything. :( no fun time for me.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Nightwing vs Aquaman = 6-4

Get a life lead, Staff stance, turtle. What can Aquaman do? Cant zone, cant jump, cant counter-poke, normals outranged. I'm surprised Aquaman get's damage at all. Haha.

gpmoney

Nightwing vs Aquaman = 6-4

Get a life lead, Staff stance, turtle. What can Aquaman do? Cant zone, cant jump, cant counter-poke, normals outranged. I'm surprised Aquaman get's damage at all. Haha.
actually I will say its a 5-5 Aquaman can ignore NW zoning. His normals have range and can d1 trident rush out of NW frame traps. The match turns into all chip and whose gonna play the right footsies to open who up

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think its either 6-4 her favor. she stops all your zone options and can parry everything. :( no fun time for me.
Yeah, we have it as 6-4 in the Frost forum, and this is the first time I ever heard rumblings of Nightwing beating her so I was curious. I am sure seeing that NW beats Frost gave @RM Chongo a stroke.

gpmoney

@RiBBz22

The match up is brutal lol. NW has to stop doing patterned traps and bait a parry. Try to punish parry and she blocks or you get parryed lol. Her zone destroys you cause you canr MB f3 or B3

macro

Eezeepeezee
People need to stop making teir list and start talking about the matchups so we can get somewhere
and gain more knowledge of what to do in this game.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Looking real hard at that KF and Ares matchup atm. The other ones didn't flag me as much as those.

Wondering why we 7-3 shazam as well.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Yeah, we have it as 6-4 in the Frost forum, and this is the first time I ever heard rumblings of Nightwing beating her so I was curious. I am sure seeing that NW beats Frost gave @RM Chongo a stroke.
If anything i would say at best it's a 5-5 because you still have to see when we are going to do the next move and ground pound ground spark and wing dings play a big part in this matchup. But we do always have to watchout for your parry, but i alway feel that i have the upper hand in the start of the match. You do have your vortex still and you will have alot of meter at all times.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If anything i would say at best it's a 5-5 because you still have to see when we are going to do the next move and ground pound ground spark and wing dings play a big part in this matchup. But we do always have to watchout for your parry, but i alway feel that i have the upper hand in the start of the match. You do have your vortex still and you will have alot of meter at all times.
I think it is a pretty clear 6-4. None of the guessing games are really in his favor, I feel like having to break up your pressure to make reads on parry is really taking away from what the character was built to do. Also, obviously all characters with a parry give him some problems, but Frost's parry leads to combos/resets so I feel like every time NW gets to start his offense he can never really do it up close without any risking a lot (and I would hate that lol). I agree wingdings does give him a fair bit of air control in the MU, but they aren't a huge bother IMO.

Vagrant

Noob
DS can also jump out of MB or non MB ground pound frametraps pretty easily. Punish Wingdings on reaction pretty easily.
ok. mb pound. wait. pound when i land from the jump.

Basic meta.

I'm sorry that I knock you out of the air for like 5% and you can't just mindlessly throw air projectiles at me.

Ground pound vs quickfire chip/trade war is in your favor as well.

Vagrant

Noob
Deathstroke can zone pretty well. His d2 blows up flipkick for a full combo. He has option select wakeups. I think it might be DS favor.
Nightwing zones fine against DS
Everyone has something to blow up flip kick if they read it
option select wake ups has nothing to do with the matchup between these two

macro

Eezeepeezee
Nightwing zones fine against DS
Everyone has something to blow up flip kick if they read it
option select wake ups has nothing to do with the matchup between these two
Lets say death stroke does low gunshots and we do ground spark it will trade after that if you do another low gunshots it will beat ground spark so are best option is to block the next gunshots and by the time we are in the range to hit wing dings your jump 3 can beat wing dings and ground pound so then we are going to take a chance because now we just went into staff or we could flying grayson hitting you back full screen