What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
On block he can do f2 d1 close mb orb. He can hit confirm f2 u1 also. He inputs the teleport and holds down if you block.
I was talking about if he hit confirmed the f2d3, but thats another option too.

Man I pray that they do OH tele right next to me.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
For the record. @Shazzyaam is a great player, period... But, i own his shazam and we never nw mirror matched.. Nw vs his mmh amongst many others = ..Shazzy 20-14 shaz. Enigma = 15-15 he left... Other manhunters = owned

I have never lost a NW mirror match, EVER.. Im sure i would though vs someone i could learn from.. i play twice a week.. Ask LOTF if im lying or anyone on my fl if im lying about being on, guarantee they say im basically never on. Looking foward to some good game later :)[/quote]

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Ahem. I have the biggest Dick.

But real talk, it's discussion.
If somebody puts up a MU number and I ask a question, the answer shouldn't be "play quark bro" or "you just don't know".

That isn't acceptable to me.
Im sorry if anybody felt offended, tho.
It's all good:)

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Nw vs joker = 6-4 nw << and thats being merciful

OK, enough about a MU that will never happen in tourney..What do we think about GL? He'sa problem, how do we solve it?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Nw vs joker = 6-4 nw << and thats being merciful

OK, enough about a MU that will never happen in tourney..What do we think about GL? He'sa problem, how do we solve it?
6-4 lantern

stay as far away from him as humanly possible.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
6-4 lantern

stay as far away from him as humanly possible.

Ive played rebelo, menzo, yada yada.. I own menzos face, but rebelo > my soul... Difference is patience, i usually win the patient war vs menzo and most other gl's. But, what do we do vs someone who is as patient and as you? While stalking you, working you to the corner?

Last edited:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Ive played rebelo, menzo, yada yada.. I own menzos face, but rebelo > my soul... Difference is patience, i usual win the patient war vs menzo and most other gl's. But, what do we do vs someone who is as patient and as you? While stalking you, working you to the corner?
Learn your options with b1

b13, b12 can be backdashed
b1 minigun can be 113'ed into full combo
b13 rp can be dashed into 113 combo
b1 MB OA can be ducked under

You cannot react to all of these, you have to make a read.

I do not like using EF since sometimes the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th hit whiff and allow you to get punished. Get fucked.

Tommy Turbines are gimmicks, punish them.

Easier said then done but just don't get cornered. If you do try to jump out or throw him back in the corner.

I don't play the MU that much so I could be wrong/missing stuff.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Ive played rebelo, menzo, yada yada.. I own menzos face, but rebelo > my soul... Difference is patience, i usual win the patient war vs menzo and most other gl's. But, what do we do vs someone who is as patient and as you? While stalking you, working you to the corner?
You have to be patient with your escrima zoning and make good reads. Dash canceling sparks forward to intercept his jumps are key, and when it comes to patience you should always down back near the corner until it's your turn to play. If he does b13 rocket or anything where you can get pressure after, use it to either push him mid screen or cross him up with flip kick and get your back away from the corner. You have to play lame until you get in the corner, then watch for any chance to get out and run again.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Ok guy's i've been trying to work on the Nightwing vs Superman matchup.
Now i'm starting to see when to quick change stances and do a Ground Pound
then dash up in staff because by the time i get to Superman he will most likely do a
wake up and you can stuff it with a delayed NJ2 or you can just check
him with a NJ2 anyways. If Superman does a back dash that's ok
also because you can read it and do a FJ2 or a Flying Grayson.
If you didn't read Supermans back dash that's also ok
Because Superman just got closer to the corner. And that's
a scary for anyone versusing Nightwing.
Now when i see Superman starting a Lazer or a Heat Zap.
I also don't get how to punish a non MB Lazer when you see Superman
has meter. But that might just take some practice.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
They started it.

I played Oxygen for a bit last night, I still think it's 6-4 NW. Thoughts?
I think it's 6-4 Lobo. I don't know a Lobo player who understands NW comprehensively enough.

I played Lobo vs. @Sajam's NW. Usually @Sajam bodies me in mirrors. The fact that I was going back and fourth with him using my shitty month old 1 week Lobo speaks for the MU considerably. I was also playing like a total asshole because disrespecting NW is the best way to beat NW and most people don't know that.

Also, Lobo players typically don't know how to deal with staff normals and aren't willing to eat a MB ground pound to secure a trait load.

MB Ground pound = 11%
MB Wingdings =WhoGivesAfuck%
MB trait shot = ~35%
Trait loaded combo = ~55%

Worth it every time.

And another thing - Lobo players typically aren't content with doing single shot trait shot. It builds a fuck ton of meter on block.

inb4 Lobo players come in here blowing me up for up playing their character. I decided I would main Lobo for just a short while and saw huge potential. Then I quit because reasons.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I think it's 6-4 Lobo. I don't know a Lobo player who understands NW comprehensively enough.

I played Lobo vs. @Sajam's NW. Usually @Sajam bodies me in mirrors. The fact that I was going back and fourth with him using my shitty month old 1 week Lobo speaks for the MU considerably. I was also playing like a total asshole because disrespecting NW is the best way to beat NW and most people don't know that.

Also, Lobo players typically don't know how to deal with staff normals and aren't willing to eat a MB ground pound to secure a trait load.

MB Ground pound = 11%
MB Wingdings =WhoGivesAfuck%
MB trait shot = ~35%
Trait loaded combo = ~55%

Worth it every time.

And another thing - Lobo players typically aren't content with doing single shot trait shot. It builds a fuck ton of meter on block.

inb4 Lobo players come in here blowing me up for up playing their character. I decided I would main Lobo for just a short while and saw huge potential. Then I quit because reasons.

Yeah, I ran into you in ranked a while back and you played Lobo. I barely managed to win cause I kept getting blasted. I can't remember if you even did a combo. It was the weirdest thing.

Do you still play IGAU?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Yeah, I ran into you in ranked a while back and you played Lobo. I barely managed to win cause I kept getting blasted. I can't remember if you even did a combo. It was the weirdest thing.

Do you still play IGAU?
I was trolling. I hadn't lost to a NW all week and I thought that I could win on low chain and shotgun alone.

I don't. I'm just in this shit to congratulate Steve. I love NW as a character. The struggle is just too real.