What's new

General/Other Nightwing Glitch - Please fix this NRS.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
colt

Nightwing has a glitch that basically fucks him over against characters with good floaty crossups. This is most prevalent against characters like Batman and Wonderwoman.

It happens in staff mode.

Nightwing has a hard time utilizing any crossup defense to begin with (aside from nj2 in staff) but this truly fucks him over. If you are holding back and a character crosses you up (holding back to block the crossup) his character model will sometimes "Glitch out" it will go back and forth like 10 times during the crossup completely fucking you over when you try and block. The computer model can't tell what side it's on and neither can the user since his model is going back and forth.

This happened at least 5 times last night when STB CharlieMurphy and I were playing sets. He can confirm that it happens...

It also happens to me a lot against Batman. I don't know why it happens, but it's annoying and it causes you to not have any idea what direction your model is facing since it twitch's back and forth rapidly.

Please fix this. I have not seen any other character have this problem. Can other Nightwing mains attest to having this happen to them?

You cannot keep moving when this happens. You are locked in place and have to respect the jump. Sometimes your model faces the wrong way and you get hit. Other times it glitches out and back on your stick becomes forward and you literally walk forward while holding back. It's messed up. This was midscreen, but it's even worse in the corner.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't main Nightwing but this happened to me the first time I used him online. :(

Definitely a huge problem, it seems kind of random for a glitch though.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah. I will say that when I would jump across him.... then air dash back across... his model would flip out and glitch around. I don't think it ever happened when he was in the Escrima stance.... only in the staff.

AssassiN

Noob
It has not yet happened to me, but there is another glitch that happened to me a few times where the Escrima Fury starts whiffing in the middle of it. Gonna try to record it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yeah. I will say that when I would jump across him.... then air dash back across... his model would flip out and glitch around. I don't think it ever happened when he was in the Escrima stance.... only in the staff.

It only ever happens in staff. I have never once had it happen to me in Escrima.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It has not yet happened to me, but there is another glitch that happened to me a few times where the Escrima Fury starts whiffing in the middle of it. Gonna try to record it.
This also happened...... i think I hit d1 or something..... and the fury hit me... but then it let me crouch out of the 2nd hit.....

I can't remember the exact details... but Chance coudln't explain it either.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Idk if its for all characters but this happens for me as Black Adam mainly against batman. I think it has more to do with some of the crossup mechanics than the character being jumped on. More testing probably needs to be done with more characters. Peckapowa has seen and heard me talk about it when we play.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Idk if its for all characters but this happens for me as Black Adam mainly against batman. I think it has more to do with some of the crossup mechanics than the character being jumped on. More testing probably needs to be done with more characters. Peckapowa has seen and heard me talk about it when we play.

Nightwing literally twitches out. It fucks with you because if you hold Forward on the crossup to block it, and your model ends up facing the wrong way, you literally walk into the cross up. If you hold back and your model is facing the right way, you walk into the crossup as well. It's nuts.

colt

Nightwing has a glitch that basically fucks him over against characters with good floaty crossups. This is most prevalent against characters like Batman and Wonderwoman.

It happens in staff mode.

Nightwing has a hard time utilizing any crossup defense to begin with (aside from nj2 in staff) but this truly fucks him over. If you are holding back and a character crosses you up (holding back to block the crossup) his character model will sometimes "Glitch out" it will go back and forth like 10 times during the crossup completely fucking you over when you try and block. The computer model can't tell what side it's on and neither can the user since his model is going back and forth.

This happened at least 5 times last night when STB CharlieMurphy and I were playing sets. He can confirm that it happens...

It also happens to me a lot against Batman. I don't know why it happens, but it's annoying and it causes you to not have any idea what direction your model is facing since it twitch's back and forth rapidly.

Please fix this. I have not seen any other character have this problem. Can other Nightwing mains attest to having this happen to them?
This actually happens to every character.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
lol, because I've always been too busy laughing at it and going "Haha...(opponent's name) is so silly!", instead of going "Uhhhh.....NRS?"

I think we should start going "Uhhhh....NRS?" lol

Especially while patching the game is still an option. If someone finds out how to abuse this, it's going to be brutal.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Sounds good Ninj and I appreciate that. I will be off work at 3:30 est. What time are you available?
I'm out of work at 5pm est. I'll get on the Skype channel when I get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm out of work at 5pm est. I'll get on the Skype channel when I get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I am not longer in STB...add me on skype (take1chance) we will go about getting it recorded from there.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
It happens because the game treats Nightwing's staff as a big character hitbox. If you play big characters you'll notice this happen a lot too.

Sent from the Batcave

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It happens because the game treats Nightwing's staff as a big character hitbox. If you play big characters you'll notice this happen a lot too.

Sent from the Batcave

It has been confirmed in this thread that it happens to BA and the rest of the cast by Tom Brady as well so I am not sure if that is the case.

I main nightwing Ive seen this happen in any stance also other characters too I think its the properties of the crossup.