What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
thanks. Don't count when I did MB Flip kick to flip kick. That was an input error.
I used to get that alot when I played on release check. Im just gonna wait till I get home to do it, I get off in 2 hours and wont be distracted lol

I used to get that alot when I played on release check. Im just gonna wait till I get home to do it, I get off in 2 hours and wont be distracted lol
It NEVER happens in casuals, thats the main reason I'm sticking with nightwing in tournament, just to work those nerves out of the character

gpmoney

It NEVER happens in casuals, thats the main reason I'm sticking with nightwing in tournament, just to work those nerves out of the character
you just gotta look at all your options. Not sure if its cause you are not comfortable with the character yet or if its just your playstyle but there where a few things you could have done to mess with decay just to throw his game off. Not all the options are safe but hey if you can get away with it its worth a shot. I can show better than tell. Yo ok at 10:17 secs you got a raw Staff standing 2 and did 29% in the corner. Looked like you where not ready for the confirm or didnt wana force clash but raw 2 in staff is one of his best confirms. you can BC into B3 or do something like 2, b3, jb3,3, d1 or d2, staff spin or switch out to escrima after the d2 or d1 and do escrima fury and go for the wake up reversals or just play mind games. ending combos in staff spin then switching out catches people off gaurd. I sometimes do staffspin ender and then switch to escrima and do U3 or switch back and do staff spin again.

gpmoney

7:48 in the winners round video you did 1f1, j2. If you are that close in the corner instead of a nj2 do a jb2, standing 3. better damage and spacing.

you just gotta look at all your options. Not sure if its cause you are not comfortable with the character yet or if its just your playstyle but there where a few things you could have done to mess with decay just to throw his game off. Not all the options are safe but hey if you can get away with it its worth a shot. I can show better than tell. Yo ok at 10:17 secs you got a raw Staff standing 2 and did 29% in the corner. Looked like you where not ready for the confirm or didnt wana force clash but raw 2 in staff is one of his best confirms. you can BC into B3 or do something like 2, b3, jb3,3, d1 or d2, staff spin or switch out to escrima after the d2 or d1 and do escrima fury and go for the wake up reversals or just play mind games. ending combos in staff spin then switching out catches people off gaurd. I sometimes do staffspin ender and then switch to escrima and do U3 or switch back and do staff spin again.
I thnk you have the time 10:17 wrong. I'm not sure what situation you were talking about.

Also that jump back 2 stand 3 sounds awesome. Im gonna explore that sometime tomorrow.

Thank for the advice

gpmoney

I thnk you have the time 10:17 wrong. I'm not sure what situation you were talking about.

Also that jump back 2 stand 3 sounds awesome. Im gonna explore that sometime tomorrow.

Thank for the advice
I'll have to pull it up again. And yea I used to have the same problem and macro showed me jb2 works.

gpmoney

@DarthArma not many people go for it but if you want you can do escrima f213, mb EF, b3, j2, 3, EF, j3 wing dings. I think its 40 or 41%. most people only due it if they just want damage in situations.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Stop giving Arma babby's-first-day-with-Nightwing-Advice

You don't need to do MB Escrima Fury for the b3 link. You can save the bar, do regular Escrima Fury, take the tiniest step forward and b3.

Tighter link than mmh b3 but imo it's worth it.

The most optimal combo after MB groundpound btw is Nj2 b3 j3 j2 d2 xx ender. You can skip the Nj2 for awkward situations.

You're officially the best NW if, after Standing 2 in staff, you do j2 d2xx MB ground pound b3 j3 d2 xx ender. I don't care what anybody says.

And @DarthArma never not do JI2 xx MB flipkick. Nobody is ready for it.

Last edited:

gpmoney

S/O to all the Dicks and Damiens who repped at KiT. Had alot of fun watching and was screaming at work lol luckily it was dead today. @Hruza Da Bruza last time I saw and played you was ufgtx and I'm impressed at how much you improved! @AK L0rdoftheFLY........... Fuck supes..........fuck him lol. not even sure how to spell argenraths name(im sure I massacred it) but saw him at ufgtx also and he has improved alot. Last but not least S/O to @EMPR_MURK for playing new 52 NW and for his great gameplay and stride to win. I wanted to see you in top 8 but even without that you still showed you are a great player and played well.

Also get ready for a random blow up thread with @Sajam getting called out for no reason, people asking for sets, tym fanboys, illuminati, memes, irrelevant arguments, dick fights, and infamous online trolls. I'm sure the thread is gonna g something like "All you nightwing players owe [insert NW players name here] an apology.
:DOGE

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
It's also his most damaging punishing string. The final hit in 113 is a cancelable HKD which results some pretty interesting setups in the corner.

Like you can end in 113 and cancel straight into 4 xx Ground Pound for a +18 meaty low launcher. Can cancel into Ground Spark and time your dash right to reverse wakeups etc...

113 also lifts them up a little so you can dash under and go for some shenanigans. Like in the corner, B2 D1 112 113 Dash Under EX Flipkick to launch them back into the corner is pretty ridiculous. It's pretty much guaranteed damage the first time you use it lol.

Last edited:
Some action in the Nightwing forums!! Let's hope he makes it on the I2 roster. I can't imagine he wouldn't make it. Anybody reading Rebirth?