What's new

Nightwing Corner Infinite. (Block)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
In the Corner Nightwing can loop 112 and U3 endlessly.

The U3 jails them standing for the 112 to connect. 112 leaves you +21 so you have a 4 frame overhead that leaves you +10.

That leaves you with a free 112 and since the overhead jails standing, you can just repeat. The only way out is pushblocking.

If you take the hit on the 112, you get combo'd into a hard knockdown.

If you take the U3 you get splatted into a hard knockdown.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
You can backdash before the 2 I think?

Not sure. IMO the ex staff spin is a better block infinite since it has good chip damage and meter build

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You can backdash before the 2 I think?

Not sure. IMO the ex staff spin is a better block infinite since it has good chip damage and meter build
In the corner if you backdash your getting hit by the 2.

Also, I love the Ex staff loop as well, and I am leading into that with this.

I will update this later tonight when I get home but I am working on essentially a loop.

My goal is to use this and lead into the staff chip damage and possibly loop back to restart the sequence over.

Something I am exploring.

Depending on how you setup the ex block infinite, it can be avoided as easily as the second rep. Not now because no one is used to it, but in the future it will be avoidable. This at least will force the opponent to pushblock and spend a bar. As I said, I am working on getting into staff mode, and nailing out that chip for free and reverting back. I got some ideas. Damn this work lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Pssh pushblock
Indeed, but there is going to be a point (especially in the second round) where I am REALLY going to be happy to see you blow that meter. Both on the life lead or when I am trying to crawl back lol.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I've looked at this before. From what I can tell; after the second or so U3, you push yourself back too far to the point where the 1,(1),2 whiffs. The second 1 whiffing gives enough time to backdash, armor, or poke out. Also, if you're a little slow with the 1,1,2 follow up then the opponent can duck the first 1 and poke out.

This is a shoddy block infinite and spacing doesn't really allow it to work.

I'm glad 90% of people playing forget that exits and then get salty when I frame trap them
I don't think it can really be called a frametrap when it's 100% jail block infinite lol.

Should these kinds of block infinites remain just because there is pushblock? I don't know, they're certainly not as bad as in MK9 since we can get out with meter. But they still suck lol.

Also, why take Green Arrow's corner infinite but leave Nightwing's in is my question. You either leave both in or take them all out imo.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I don't think it can be really called a frametrap when it's 100% jail block infinite lol.

Should these kinds of block infinites remain just because there is pushblock? I don't know, they're certainly not as bad as in MK9 since we can get out with meter. But they still suck lol.

Also, why take Green Arrow's corner infinite but leave Nightwing's in is my question. You either leave both in or take them all out imo.

....he....

....n...neee....

loljk. in between 112 you can armor it, and chip damage from normals is negligable.

I'd rather have this than the MK9 frame traps where you get like over 20% in chip alone lol. You have to repeat this like 50 times to get 10% of in chip lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I've looked at this before. From what I can tell; after the second or so U3, you push yourself back too far to the point where the 1,(1),2 whiffs. The second 1 whiffing gives enough time to backdash, armor, or poke out. Also, if you're a little slow with the 1,1,2 follow up then the opponent can duck the first 1 and poke out.

This is a shoddy block infinite and spacing doesn't really allow it to work.
Are you doing this in the corner Hanzero? Backdashing is not an option.

Any frametrap can be avoided if you're slow lol. That is not a valid criticism. Johnny Cages F3 frame trap sucks if you are slow...

Also, what armor moves are you doing that can punish 112? I thought armor had 8 frames of startup before it was active...Lex can't corpse charge between 11 and 2. Superman can punish it tho. There is a gap, I would just say it's around 4f or so.

This gets good because it sets you up for a free 33 after the U3. 33 grants you a free 4~staff spin.

Hanzer0

Are you doing this in the corner Hanzero? Backdashing is not an option.

Also, what armor moves are you doing that can punish 112? I thought armor had 8 frames of startup before it was active...Lex can't corpse charge between 11 and 2. Superman can punish it tho. There is a gap, I would just say it's around 4f or so.
What I meant was using the invulnerable frames on any backdash to avoid being hit, which would work even when cornered. This works best if you read the U3, it comes out kind of slow and you can dash as soon as you would get hit and the U3 whiffs. Also the gap is bigger when a jab whiffs. The second 1 in the 1,1,2 string will eventually start to whiff when you loop the block strings. If this happens the opponent CAN meterburn a b3/f3 in the gap. They can also backdash the 2 or poke out.

Poking out is the easiest, most practical way to escape this. The only way to avoid whiffing an attack during the 1,1,2 is to step forward a little bit, wasting frames. You can basically sit there in block mashing a poke. As soon as NW whiffs(or is a little slow), the poke will land and end your pressure. If NW wants to walk forward after an U3 to make sure the full 1,1,2 string lands, you still get poked.

This is not to say any of these options are easy to use and escape. Poking out still takes some timing and the other options have to be on point. I still think this tech is good, just not an infinite because there are options.

Think of the other options rather than looping, we know it can't be looped infinitely. We can loop it once or twice raw, but the real value comes from any other mixup.

Edit: After testing this, my stance is that it's not an infinite. You all can check for yourselves. Can we change the thread title before people start bitching for nerfs? How about we bandwagon for a better record and replay practice function instead? Testing this was a real pain.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Just went back into the lab. If you backdash between the U3 and the 112 your getting hit with the rest of the string.

you can backdash between the 11~2 but you still have to block the u3.

Hanzer0

No, again. What I mean to say is you backdash AS U3 IS CONNECTING. Backdashes have INVULNERABLE frames. You use those frames to avoid the single hitting u3. You have enough time to do it because even with +21 U3 is too slow. Not sure where that leaves anyone frame wise, though.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
No, again. What I mean to say is you backdash AS U3 IS CONNECTING. Backdashes have INVULNERABLE frames. You use those frames to avoid the single hitting u3. You have enough time to do it because even with +21 U3 is too slow. Not sure where that leaves anyone frame wise, though.
112 is +21

They would have a 4 frame window to initiate a backdash. If they do they are still going to be even or disadvantaged against nightwing, while standing, who has a 6f jab.

REO

Undead
You can backdash in the middle of the 1,1(here)2 string right after the second 1, before the last 2. OR you can use backdash after the 1,1,2 is blocked to make the u+3 whiff. It's not a true "block infinite". This is just another frame trap (one of countless) that Nightwing is known for.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You can backdash in the middle of the 1,1(here)2 string right after the second 1, before the last 2. OR you can use backdash after the 1,1,2 is blocked to make the u+3 whiff. It's not a true "block infinite". This is just another frame trap (one of countless) that Nightwing is known for.
Thanks to you and hanzero for clearing that up. I am still not one bit concerned if you backdash after the 2.

Backdashing between the 11~2 is what's going to cause problems. Beauty of it is, the string is so fast that by the time you see it out, you are going to have to have godlike reflexes to backdash it.

Good stuff guys. Can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner. Gotta say though the only time id see myself doing this practically would be something like, escrima fury combo to the corner and end it in ji3 , land do a meaty u3 112 u3 334db3 mb into chip or mix up depending on meter.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I thought backdashes were only invincible on wake up? Or am I assuming that this game is far to similar to other fighting games?