What's new

Next Video Compilations

P

Phant_

Hello my name is Abdi Warsame from Toronto, Ontario Canada.

I got into UMK3 about a month ago mainly due to the "shattered" video dedicated to Ryan Hutnick. Since then I'v been doing alot of reading on this site, DA's and any other MK sites I could find.

This thread is to permote the posting of combos in the hopes that they can contribute to the next large scale UMK video released. Videos like "shattered" and "last frame" are what can really help the tourney MK community grow, and hoppfully this is an easy way for everyone to contribute and get afew new names on the credits.

I'll start us off by contributing this combo, it's done on the snes because my crappy computer can't really handle the mame version =P. If it's already known then simply skip it.

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~aowarsam/Phant100Ermac.avi

ded

Elder God
hey, its cool you are interesting into umk3. actually i REALLY think there will be no more umk3/mkt combo videos. the new stuff we found after last flame were only 3 new infinites, and right now i'm trying to record them (because they are insanely hard) and will fit them some how in previous vids. then everything will finish. you can expect mk2 combo video and mkd combo video soon ;)

about your ermac combo its blockable (the tks after uppercut). be sure to read ermac's guide http://www.ultimatemk.com/cguide.php, there are lots of patterns there how to get 100%.[/url]

Phant

Noob

Alright, that's one of the reasons I posted it. To find out if it is known or even blockable, thanks for letting me know.

Maybe I'll get into MK2, but UMK is still fresh to me so it's going to be hard to change, I'm already addicted :mrgreen:.

Anyway with that news, some MK2 combo contributions from anyone would be great.

The combo compilations are indeed awesome. Have you seen all of them? Or just those last two? You must see the earlier videos to understand how amazing some of the new things really are.

After almost every major video release since around the 4th one people have been saying that combo videos for umk3 are pretty much done, and now we are at 10+ so there is hope. Especialy with new people joining the scene.

Phant

Noob
Yup, right after I watched shattered video I downloaded and watched probably every video there is of UMK3 on the net. Everything from service pack 1-4, personality disorder, maximum damage and the rest.

I try to figure out new combos on a daily basis, and if I find anything you can be sure that I will post it here to confirm. I think you're right, there is always hope for new stuff, fighting games get broken several times over.

dreemernj

Ambassador
A video of UMK3 for SNES combos could be pretty entertaining depending on how wacky/broken things get. That game is so different from all other versions of UMK3.

Phant

Noob

I think that's a good idea dreemernj. I discovered an interesting combo and looked throught my video collection to see if it was in a video already. Either way here goes.

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~aowarsam/Phant78Jax.avi

EDIT: Right now I'm working on recording this same combo acsept with an extra HP before the rush punch, I think it will work out. I Discovered the player could do 2 HPs before the rush punch by accsident. Now I just need to add the LP -> "gotchya", which might not be possible. I may have to just resort to a HK or maybe his double fireball(if possible) to replace the LP -> gotcha grab as a finish to the combo.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Always cool to see people try and contribute, post whatever you would like on here in terms of combos. The Jax one I believe is featured in the very first video we did, umk3.wmv. Good job though, as it is not that easy to do.

ded

Elder God
some hints for snes: lao can inf just with spin, nightwolf can inf with axes, there are more i cant remember them all now

dreemernj

Ambassador
As Shock said, that Jax one is not easy. Keep up the good work. I think there are a lot of possibilities for finding new things in the home console versions, even if they are only doable in the console version.

Enough people have spent time playing UMK3 for SNES via ZSNES just because it has good netplay that a UMK3 SNES Combo Vid would probably have a decent audience size.

Phant

Noob

I knew that Kung Lao could inf with just spin on the snes, but didn't know about nightwolf's axe inf & the others tho. I'll see what I can find.

Yes DAVE101 I use snes9x's avi record feature for videos, but use Zsnes to play the game. I don't understand why you cannot see the videos, what did u mean by transcribe?

Transcribe: Transfer into text.
My computer doesnt turn on. It used to sometimes but I have not got it on in 2 weeks. I ACTUALLY GOT A JOB! I'm using a psp entering text at 6 wpm. PSPs only support certain mp4 videos. The web browser does not have flash so even Utube is not an option. There is even a text limit around 3-500 characters, hence some watered down posts. I will kill myself if I ever need to explain anything again. It's okay cause I like this game....................

(this post is at it's max)

Phant

Noob

AH, alright DAVE101.

1st Video: Ermac - aaHP, Uppercut, Telekenisis, aaHP, Uppercut, Telekenisis, aaHP, JK, LK. 100% 7 hits corner combo (9 hits if u count telek) **( Blockable from what I hear =[ )**

2nd Video: Jax - KS, 7-hit auto combo, aaHP, RushPunch, LP, Gotchya Grab.
15 hits 78% corner combo.

This(3rd) Video:
NightWolf - KS, 4 hit autocombo -> axe, axe, run, axe, walk, axe, run, axe, run, axe (repeat inf)

Kung Lao - aaSpin, run, spin, run, (in corner) spin, spin, spin (repeat inf)

I stayed up tonight (eventho I have work early tomorrow =P) and practiced the snes Infs. The Kung Lao one was easy, but the Nightwolf Inf was abit tricky, on the 4th axe the player should walk instead of running to regain enouph run bar to finish the rest of the combo. If you watch my run bar closely on the 4th axe you can see it regenerate fully, which is the only way I found the combo would work(just incase anyone wonders).

I added abit of music this time to liven it up.

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~aowarsam/UMK3snesINFS.wmv

Like ded_ said, there are more combos like this for the snes version. So if anyone knows of them, it would be great to see them posted in text or video. I'll also do my best to find what I can.

ded

Elder God
snes is totally mess ;)

kitana, jade and mileena can inf in corner with kick combos the robots, probably sheeva and kabal like umk3 nightwolf infinite

Phant

Noob
ded_ said:
snes is totally mess ;)

kitana, jade and mileena can inf in corner with kick combos the robots, probably sheeva and kabal like umk3 nightwolf infinite

Sheeva was removed from the snes version. I tried it on the robots & Kabal with no luck.

Phant

Noob

*Note: All old video links removed.

I created a UMK3 snes preview video, mainly because I want to get the ball rolling on this idea and maybe get some of u to contribute some clips of combos. ded_ I decided to slip in ur female ninja inf demonstration, I also wanted to ask you if you were able to get more then 8 hits? I myself havn't been able to go past 8 hits.

Alot of the clips in this video have the "movie replay" text at the bottom from snes9x. This will be removed in the full version of the video meaning I'll just redo the combos that have that at the bottom and wait until the text disappears before recording.

I'm willing to do the editing for the video, if anyone wants there stuff added, just post a replay of a combo from the snes version. Just please remember to wait until the "movie replay" message disappears if you are using Snes9x to record.

Alot of this stuff is old, some of it is new. This is just something I messed around with and decided I'd post...why not.

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~aowarsam/UMK3snesPreview.wmv

ded

Elder God
nice preview. as for female ninjas infinite, just make a very short pause after the 4 kick combo, then repeat. it works on kabal too i'm not sure for kano yet.

as for other stuff i know usub infinite with aaHPx2, Ice Shower works, and probably Noob Saibot's corner clone miss infinite, but i'm not sure.