What's new

[NEWS] Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack and New Kombatants featuring Jason Voorhees and More!

LMAO at all of you whiners!

"Looks like the filthy casuals got what they wanted! Jason doesn't even talk! Guest characters are a waste of space! 26+ MK characters is not enough for my impossible standards! Hurrr durr durrrrr!"

Cry for me. Your tears are so fucking delicious, I can't wait to get salt all over my machete. Jason fits so well into this game that its not even funny.

LMAO at all of you whiners!

"Looks like the filthy casuals got what they wanted! Jason doesn't even talk! Guest characters are a waste of space! 26+ MK characters is not enough for my impossible standards! Hurrr durr durrrrr!"

Cry for me. Your tears are so fucking delicious, I can't wait to get salt all over my machete. Jason fits so well into this game that its not even funny.
Yeah. Wanting the inclusion of MK staples instead of completely unrelated and unappealing guests is an impossible standard.

The internet.. Where "LOL QQ" and "haha cry more" are acceptable responses to any legitimate concern or counterpoint. That would be great if Jason either completely sucked, or wasn't even given a machete.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
You can thank Capcom for ruining everyone's reputation.
Lol yeah pretty much... You can ussually tell who is on the level though... NRS has done any super shady shit though...

Plus the characters we have seen have also changed and been worked on the whole time... Its most likely why we have only seen the render walk that is Goro so far... He isn't finished yet because he didn't have to be til after they went gold so they could devote time to other stuff...

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
It's everyone that has been announced so far plus Liu Kang, Jax and Erron Black.
I guess you are including Johnny, Kenshi, Sonya, and Shinnok as announced, right?

Still no Reiko / Havik or Saibot :(
I've been reading the comic-book so far. I wouldn't worry about Reiko, he'll find his way into the game one way or another. For Havik or Saibot you can start mourning, though. Closest thing to Saibot that you'll get is Johnny's "Stunt Double" variation, probably.

Only thing I can complain about the Kombat Pack is that it costs 30 dollars. That's half a game, and four characters and 15 skins are not half a game. If they are sold separately, I may buy one or two.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Jason fits so well into this game that its not even funny.
Fully agree. Hes perfect.
Yeah. Wanting the inclusion of MK staples instead of completely unrelated and unappealing guests is an impossible standard.

The internet.. Where "LOL QQ" and "haha cry more" are acceptable responses to any legitimate concern or counterpoint. That would be great if Jason either completely sucked, or wasn't even given a machete.
Sometimes a series needs a wider appeal to captivate an audience. FG are not where they used to be. Guest characters are a fun deviation from the norm and innovative in the FG world. There are dozens of other characters, im sure you can spare a slot or 2 if it means more exposure for the game and the community.

Unrelated? Friday the 13th and MK games are related in more ways than one :)
Unappealing? Meh, thats your opinion

And yes, when it comes to a video game discussion, "LOL QQ" is a completely viable response, and that doesn't only hold true to the internet. This isn't world hunger or terrorism that people are complaining about, its a fucking video game. Your "legitimate concern" is actually just "whining over something that already is". You can decorate it with charming rhetoric all you want but its just whining.

The idea of a legitimate concern is that it hopes to change something, not state the obvious. But let me tell you- Jason isn't going away. Deal with it.

Further, your logic is flawed in that you think Jason is "taking up a space". LMAO, GTFO out of here with that shit. Jason's place in the game isn't preventing them from adding another MK character because they ran out of disc space. Its not like they were like "OH MAN WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A ROBOT CHARACTER WITH VARIATIONS OF CYRAX/SEKTOR, BUT WE HAVE TO SPEND ALL THIS TIME ON JASON INSTEAD. OH WELL, MAYBE NEXT TIME!

EDIT: you completely twisted my words concerning the impossible standards. My point was that the MK fans will never be 100% pleased, no matter what characters they include. If you can never please somebody 100%, they either have impossible standards or you suck at pleasing people. And NRS does not suck at pleasing people.

The internet: Where people disguise whining behind charming rhetoric and a sense of entitlement.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
You guy need to quit bitching about guest characters. WB is the reason why we still have MK. If it wasn't for WB, there would be no MK today.

WB is the reason why the guest characters are in. They say "Hey we want ------to be in the MK game as a guest character." Of course NRS is going to do so. They are the reason why we are able to make a game. And this isn't new by now. This happend in MK9. Some of you can act spoiled sometime lol.

That being said, I think it's really cool Jason is in the game. He is my favorite Horror Icon and his background is perfect for MK. :)

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I guess you are including Johnny, Kenshi, Sonya, and Shinnok as announced, right?

I've been reading the comic-book so far. I wouldn't worry about Reiko, he'll find his way into the game one way or another. For Havik or Saibot you can start mourning, though. Closest thing to Saibot that you'll get is Johnny's "Stunt Double" variation, probably.

Only thing I can complain about the Kombat Pack is that it costs 30 dollars. That's half a game, and four characters and 15 skins are not half a game. If they are sold separately, I may buy one or two.
Yup, leaker had all those characters announced alongside their kids and descendants mid february.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Basic sluggish serial killer really doesn't fit in but ok, just make sure you wipe those cum stains from that machete first!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So.. There are MK classic characters, fan favorites, and franchise staples that aren't in this game... (yet), and we're getting horror movie guest characters that have nothing to do with MK at all.. wtf is next? Chuck Norris playable?

Jesus... How the hell is it a good idea to NOT have cyrax, sektor (considering the faction status of lin kuei), cyber smoke (or regular), Rain, Kabal, ShangTsung, Liu Kang, or even freaking Baraka before this shit?

NRS could make a completely separate "horror fighters" game instead.. Aside from what my prefrence is for the roster, people in the FGC laughed their asses off at MK when Freddy was put in the game... and they should have.. That was fucking retarded.. This is just as bad if not worse.
Because it makes them a ton of fucking money. You know how many people bought MK9 just to play as Freddy? Hint: A lot.

Basic sluggish serial killer really doesn't fit in but ok, just make sure you wipe those cum stains from that machete first!

I would go into a discussion on thematic elements of stories and character themes in general, but you don't appear to understand the subject material to begin with. Just what exactly is "basic" about Jason? Go ahead, I'll wait. The fact that he doesn't fling balls of ice or fire does not constitute "basic", by the way.

He's an angry, possibly immortal and scary motherfucker ressurected from the dead with a penchant for murder and a knack for gratuitous violence. How is this any different than Scorpion? Than half of the MK cast? I look forward to your response :)

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
He's an angry, possibly immortal and scary motherfucker ressurected from the dead with a penchant for murder and a knack for gratuitous violence. How is this any different than Scorpion? Than half of the MK cast? I look forward to your response :)
Gee, I don't know, how about the fact Scorpion actually has a personality and isn't a slow walking giant mute who improbably manages to catch up to his victims?

And you act like those traits are exclusive to him, they might as well put in Dracula, Mr. Hyde, Michael Myers, Chuckie and Pinhead too. I mean, those guys fit in really well too!

Gee, I don't know, how about the fact Scorpion actually has a personality and isn't a slow walking giant mute who improbably manages to catch up to his victims?

And you act like those traits are exclusive to him, they might as well put in Dracula, Mr. Hyde, Michael Myers, Chuckie and Pinhead too. I mean, those guys fit in really well too!
You didn't answer the question I asked you at the beginning of my last post :) I love how you're trying to downplay one of the most iconic horror movie villains ever as a sluggish and unrealistically successful serial killer in a game where ninjas shoot spears out of their hands. Its obvious from how you've been downplaying the character that you hate Friday the 13th movies due to your super realistic expectations of what actually makes an undead serial killer successful, but try not to let that bias cloud the fact that this could be a very cool character.

Also, notice the area that I bolded in your post. I was actually making exactly the opposite argument. I will reiterate. The reason that Jason fits in the game so well is that he shares many similar traits with the rest of the MK cast. Yes, there are other characters with far less relevance that share those themes outside of MKX and Friday the 13th! That's very observant of you!

Yes, those other characters that you listed COULD WORK (except for chuckie for obvious reasons). They went with Jason most likely for marketing reasons having to do with WB. I shouldn't have to explain why Jason was picked over the other characters you listed, nor should I have to explain to you why it would be silly to include more than one iconic horror movie guest character in the same Mortal Kombat game.

Finally.... it would appear that you think that
A) Scorpion has a strong personality, OR
B) Jason has no personality whatsoever

Both of which couldn't be further from the truth.

trufenix

bye felicia
Lol yeah pretty much... You can ussually tell who is on the level though... NRS has done any super shady shit though...

Plus the characters we have seen have also changed and been worked on the whole time... Its most likely why we have only seen the render walk that is Goro so far... He isn't finished yet because he didn't have to be til after they went gold so they could devote time to other stuff...
Well, NRS /was/ completely innocent, but there is no way to spin Goro as anything but a cash grab. There is the remote possibility that day one we'll all be getting Goro compatibility packs and but its FAR more likely we'll be awash in ON DISC DLC, SHAME ON YOU videos come April 16th.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Well, NRS /was/ completely innocent, but there is no way to spin Goro as anything but a cash grab. There is the remote possibility that day one we'll all be getting Goro compatibility packs and but its FAR more likely we'll be awash in ON DISC DLC, SHAME ON YOU videos come April 16th.
Well its a pre-order bonus... So it's something WB told them to do and told them they wanted a character because WB like to do big pre-order stuff... If you get the game day 1 and don't get him that's on you and if you get it on sale in 3 months and have to dl him for $5 oh well... Pre-order stuff is a evil from the retail side so blame GameStop for that...

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Why NRS... why would you have Jason over Spawn or Predator... just why. The dude doesn't even speak. sigh
I just hope they use his lack of speaking to FULL advantage for other characters' intros with him. Hopefully they won't just skip the intro dialogues.. because while I would understand, I'd still be disapoint at the lack of comedy gold they're giving up in that case.