What's new

[NEWS] Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack and New Kombatants featuring Jason Voorhees and More!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Looks like my city needs me once more.

*cracks knuckles*

All right, first thing's first: The false narrative that the inclusion of Jason means the exclusion of another character needs to stop. Do you really think that if the developers wanted Cyrax/Sektor, or Reiko(No idea why, dude has no personality before the comics came to be), or Noob Saibot, or Smoke, or whatever, that they WOULDN'T put them in the game because Jason is already in? Please tell me you people aren't that dense. If NRS Creative decided that Jason was in, it wouldn't be at the cost of another character, especially since they're the ones making the roster in the first place.

Short version: If they're not in the game, they never would have been in the game because the creative team didn't want them to be in the game.

Next point: We have Jason and another guest character. We also have two, unidentified Classic characters coming. Is it possible that, since most of the MKI and MKII staples are accounted for, that we could very easily get Smoke, or Noob Saibot, or Cyrax, or Sektor, or even Rain? I suppose it largely depends on what you define as a "classic" character, that's true. I would suggest that since so many of the OG cast is already in that adding ones that weren't in the main roster as two DLC could happen.

Reality check: Your favorite character might not be in the game. Instead of tearing down NRS, instead of filling this forum with vitriol and Retina-AIDS inducing posts, accept that as a reality. Characters get cut from sequels all the time. OG MK4 didn't have Cyrax or Sektor, or Mileena or Kitana. That came later with MK4 Gold. If that game had never been made, those characters never would have made it. MK4 fans may have had to just accept it. The game can't be 60+ characters deep. Well, techincally it could, but it would be a mess to balance, I'd think.

Why having a guest character is a good thing: Variety. If you look at Scorpion,Smoke, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Ermac, Reptile, Rain, and (god why) Tremor, they all have one thing in common: They're ninjas. Now it's true that you can re-design them to play completely differently from each other. Smart developers would. Adding a guest character increases the variety of what you can choose from. Say you don't want to play a ninja or a Shaolin, or you're not interested in Kotal or The Cage Family. Well, now you have the option of something completely different, from outside the series, that you may enjoy. It can only INCREASE your choices and diversity, not decrease it.

TL;DR Version: Jason Vorhees is fine. NRS has shown us time and time again that they can handle character design and add distinct styles and flavour to any character in any of their games. Calm down. Your favorite character may not be in the game, but they may come later. Calm down.

OR...OR...OOORRR....

If you REALLY don't like that Jason's in the game....

You have the same option as the, "where are all the female characters" crowd...
The "where's Goro crowd...."
and every other overblown group of whiners...

And simply not buy the game. Don't like the product; don't buy it.

Like the product? Buy it. But please, for the love of God, stop whining because you aren't getting the exact, specific, niche thing that probably only you and a handful of others care about.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I just hope they use his lack of speaking to FULL advantage for other characters' intros with him. Hopefully they won't just skip the intro dialogues.. because while I would understand, I'd still be disapoint at the lack of comedy gold they're giving up in that case.
They won't just skip the intros, it's a way too developed and "important" system for them to simply skip them just because Jason doesn't talk. The casuals would be hella pissed off, and not only them. I'm sure NRS will make it work somehow. Probably just gonna have him be silent and do gestures instead.