What's new

Question - Quan Chi Newest Quan Main

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
As stated above I just got MKX Sunday. I decided to main Quan back when they showed a trailer for his MKX skin. This is the main reason lol. I'll take any extra help I can get. I've been studying the guides made by Ketchup & Dink. I really need advice on how to run cancel into combos.

Example being F2122 run 141 or B324 NJP run etc. That shit is hard. I can do it, but not 10/10 times. Any advice to getting used to it?

zoofs

bless
100% practice there's really no other answer, trust me run cancels are super awkward for everyone at first but if you grind it out for a little it will be easy

Welcome! Ketchup's sorcerer convinced me to main this variation, after i realized how bad Kenshi is... To the run cancels: jsut grind it out in practice, but what Numbskull said is pretty much the best advice: Forward forward at the end of the string, block button right after the string.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I would say remember who you are dealing with, quan is the kind of character that overwhelms the opponent with all his offensive options, don't let up, try to keep your offense going for as long as possible, keep away when you are far away and when the opponent least expects it rush them down relentlessly, he excels at his offensive game, but he isn't perfect, he is a glass cannon, he gets pressured very easily, and his wake up game is horrible, understand that no matter how bad your opponents pressure game is you basically have to respect them on wake up or you WILL get blown up.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I would say remember who you are dealing with, quan is the kind of character that overwhelms the opponent with all his offensive options, don't let up, try to keep your offense going for as long as possible, keep away when you are far away and when the opponent least expects it rush them down relentlessly, he excels at his offensive game, but he isn't perfect, he is a glass cannon, he gets pressured very easily, and his wake up game is horrible, understand that no matter how bad your opponents pressure game is you basically have to respect them on wake up or you WILL get blown up.
Mentally noted.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
By the way don't let anyone tell you he is over powered, although I do think he is top 5 he is far from overpowered, he is balance since he is all offense and no defense, like I said before, be is a glass cannon

Siknin

Noob
You have chosen wisely. You're already on the right path if you're studying Dink and Ketchup, that's how I learned how to play the character.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
You're safe under my protection my child. Welcome to the fam <3
Do not go in to any dark buildings with him. For serious. If he has candy, dont take it. Quan drives an '88 Astrovan with no back windows.

As to run cancels, its something that will just 'click' after enough practice. It took me a while, but once it clicked, it was just.. there.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Do not go in to any dark buildings with him. For serious. If he has candy, dont take it. Quan drives an '88 Astrovan with no back windows.

As to run cancels, its something that will just 'click' after enough practice. It took me a while, but once it clicked, it was just.. there.
Word lol

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i don't get how sorceror covers summoners bad matchups, the only thing sorcerer has is his rune circles am i right? warlock is more obvious than sorceror on which mu's it covers.
That's kinda what i meant. Some people prefer sorcerer over summoner, and warlock would be the back up to the other two. I should have elaborated more on that.