What's new

New Universal OS found by Noble Raptor

Noble Raptor, creator of the Kombat Akademy and NRS walkthrough guru has found a universal OS that can make any string in the game safe on block. Yes, any string, any character. He has two videos up with places this will be more useful with other people dropping examples in the comments.

In the video above, you can see it in action. Basically, you cancel out the ending frames of a string by hitting a button before and after the last hit. If they block, the string is canceled out and you just get a hit. If they don't, it just comes out normally. So yeah, that seems pretty good. You can test it out yourself and see what success you can have with it, but this seems to really help Scorpion and characters with stagger based pressure.

Comments

And if you're OSing F3 nobody will let you actually stagger it when the threat of f32/4 isn't there. And if you think that you can switch between OSing and not mid-stagger vs a person that's fighting back , well good luck with that.
But you CAN choose when to do the OS vs when to just do f3 like normal if you want to stagger. So you can mix up the OS with just f3 stagger and you will still never be in a situation where you will get punished like you would if you made a read to let f32 go without the OS. It's pretty dumb man and it is not farfetched for someone to be able to do that in a real match if they have the OS execution down.

But you CAN choose when to do the OS vs when to just do f3 like normal if you want to stagger. So you can mix up the OS with just f3 stagger and you will still never be in a situation where you will get punished like you would if you made a read to let f32 go without the OS. It's pretty dumb man and it is not farfetched for someone to be able to do that in a real match if they have the OS execution down.
Nobody ever gets hit by the f3 itself. Everyone gets clipped by the follow up. Which you have to not OS to happen. Until I see this have any real effect on a high level match , I'm not buying into the "gamebreaking" meme

Look at it this way.

Sonyas B12. Yes you can stagger this to make it safe right?

But what if you could stagger it, AND also combo off of it in one decision. You get the benefits and safety of the stagger, but if it does hit you also get the benefit of 35+ in damage.

That's what makes it bonkers. For Certain characters it's not a huge deal...but for others it's kind of nutty.
Sonyas b12 is full combo punishable.

Nobody ever gets hit by the f3 itself. Everyone gets clipped by the follow up. Which you have to not OS to happen. Until I see this have any real effect on a high level match , I'm not buying into the "gamebreaking" meme
That is a very good point about getting hit with the follow up only.

Wouldnt this be pretty great for Raiden players that use Thunderwave? He could do that big fucking mid knee( F4? F3?) from half screen into Stormcell with zero risk.

that youtube title is a perfect example of how fucking (soap bar in my mouth) youtube it. This is NOT game breaking.. and it is in a LOT of games including MK9 and SFV and IV
There is no option select like this in SFV or 4 at all, where you can scrub the input buffer. Let alone in "a LOT" of games.

Also the option select is absolutely gamebreaking don't be daft. Making non-hitconfirmable moves safe with no risk is not OK.

I really like this game, play it a lot and I have lots of fun most of the time but there is just something off with the amount of option selects that are possible to do.

I ran into a Liu Kang player in KL amd he wasn’t bad, but not good either and I felt that I wasn’t really playing MK11 but a big OS simulator lol.

Whenever he tried to pressure me I was OSing his staggers and poking him back. When he tried to jump in on me I was OS Flawless blocking his jumps and punishing him with reversal U2. Got him knocked down and kept OSing his wakeups until he stopped entirely. Pressured him with OSed strings and auto shimmys and whenever he blocked me I was also OSing flawless block reversals to punish him and never give up my turn.

I know that the better players will catch up to some of the OSes but idk... it just feels off sometimes.
How do OS out of stagger pressure? Or OS flawless blocks on jump in?

How do OS out of stagger pressure? Or OS flawless blocks on jump in?
For pressure, there is a specific timing where u can release block, press and block again. It will get you out of staggers as long as they don’t have a gap between hits, bc ig they stop the input will come out, and if they don’t u’ll keep blocking. This is a game changer vs jacqui’s pressure for example. Against Liu is too if u have a 6 frames poke, but for the most part good players will use this against u to get their turn back for free.

The jump in one is a bit more character specific and tricky to get used to but is hella consistent when you get it down. You basically need a low profiling poke and when you are playing at the jump in range you can throw it out to check movement without the risk of getting jumped at bc if they do, all you need to do is hit block late and your character’s model will basically warp from a very low to the ground position to standing position and consequently inside the jump in hitbox. If you timed your block right it will get auto flawless blocked and you can U2 punish it for free. It sounds complicated but all you really need to do is know when to hit block in the recovery animation and look for the jump in when you use the low profiling move. Jade’s D4 for example is godlike at this and guarantees you that people won’t jump out if your + frames in the corner.

Wouldnt this be pretty great for Raiden players that use Thunderwave? He could do that big fucking mid knee( F4? F3?) from half screen into Stormcell with zero risk.
Does it work on just one normal move canceled into a special? For some reason I thought it only works for strings.

I agree, the whole point of f32 is to have the threat of the 2, it's what makes the f3stagger in sr good. If my f3 hits during footsies it's usually a whiff punish and I can confirm the full string anyway. The OS can be useful in restand or plus frame situations, though. You can mix the os with grabs after being + on hit or block and neutral crouching becomes a lot more dangerous. I would not disregard that but I'd also say it's not game breaking either.

You gotta think this helps Frost tremendously. B32 option selecting into B32D1. (Can this be done with inputs that contain a directional input!?)

Also i do land raw f3 a good amount. I do a lot of walking in peoples faces. Delayed f3 is an amazing tool that could benefit from this option select. Also f3 will land a lot in scramble situations.

Last edited:
Can others test something?

I'm finding this OS works not because of the inputs being done before and after the last hit but because if the difference of Blockstun vs Hitstun.

If you time Sonya's B123 where the 3 is pressed right after blockstun ends it will only come out on hit because there is a larger window to input cancels and normals on hit and less time on block.
I'm pretty sure this applies to several other characters still least that's what I'm finding.
So its just standard OS but works with several moves in the game because how NRS made the cancel windows in this game.
Note: it matters if you have settings changed on input window. I'm finding Long input window is the best for the universal OS

that youtube title is a perfect example of how fucking (soap bar in my mouth) youtube it. This is NOT game breaking.. and it is in a LOT of games including MK9 and SFV and IV
Tryin to remember what you said to me one time about reminding myself theres people on the internet that don't know what they are talking about... I can't recall exactly, oh well. Please explain to me how SF4 had some sort of game choose for you option select that either allowed for a combo follow up or stopping halfway through without a hitconfirm to make something unsafe safe. This would be like u did yolo hp shoryuken and then hit start button the result is on hit u knock mother fuckers in the air, but on block ryu does a crouching mk. That would have made sf4 hella stupid.

So this OS is actually pretty hard to execute, even harder to execute consistently. I can’t consistently get the timing down, and it doesn’t matter all that much for Nightwolf anyway. I don’t think you will ever run into anyone doing this OS consistently.

So this OS is actually pretty hard to execute, even harder to execute consistently. I can’t consistently get the timing down, and it doesn’t matter all that much for Nightwolf anyway. I don’t think you will ever run into anyone doing this OS consistently.
ya but think about the combos ninjakiller was hitting online with liu in mkx. This is gonna get mastered at some point at the highest lvl and its bad lets be honest. I hope they do something about it.

For pressure, there is a specific timing where u can release block, press and block again. It will get you out of staggers as long as they don’t have a gap between hits, bc ig they stop the input will come out, and if they don’t u’ll keep blocking. This is a game changer vs jacqui’s pressure for example. Against Liu is too if u have a 6 frames poke, but for the most part good players will use this against u to get their turn back for free.

The jump in one is a bit more character specific and tricky to get used to but is hella consistent when you get it down. You basically need a low profiling poke and when you are playing at the jump in range you can throw it out to check movement without the risk of getting jumped at bc if they do, all you need to do is hit block late and your character’s model will basically warp from a very low to the ground position to standing position and consequently inside the jump in hitbox. If you timed your block right it will get auto flawless blocked and you can U2 punish it for free. It sounds complicated but all you really need to do is know when to hit block in the recovery animation and look for the jump in when you use the low profiling move. Jade’s D4 for example is godlike at this and guarantees you that people won’t jump out if your + frames in the corner.
Going to play around with these....thanks for sharing! Makes sense why some folks can perfectly poke out of my staggers and others are cleary having to guess