What's new

New To Zod (Need Help on how to cancel string into trait grab)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Here is the guide again for people who still have questions (@Axel_Redd, @Syknis).

You have to slash/swipe first in order to cancel any normal attack/string into the command grab.

1. For one-hitting moves, you swipe first, wait a very short period, press the command and tap and hold d+4. For example, in order to cancel f+2 to bite, you do 4, N, f+2, d+4. "N" stands for "neutral" and requires you not to touch any buttons on the pad for a very short period of time. If you play Tekken, the "N" appears for Kazuya's WGF/EWGF (i.e., f,N,d,d/f+2) and many other moves.

2. For two-hitting strings, you use the so-called "plinking" method. For example, in order to cancel f+2,1 to bite, you do 4~f+2,1~d+4 as a quick succession.

3. For three-hitting strings, you swipe in between the string, usually the last hit. For example, in order to cancel 1,2,3 to bite, you do 1~2~4~3~d+4 as a quick succession.

In addition, the command grab can be canceled into from a forward or back dash. You can take advantage of this cancel by doing a full screen mix up between fully far charged low laser and a dash canceled bite, or even up close after any string. The fastest way to cancel into the command grab is to do the following.

Tap and hold 2 after performing low laser and quickly tap b~b~d+4 (while still holding 2).

You can easily execute everything on a PS2 pad. No arcade stick needed.
Dave what about other two hit strings such as 1,2 or b12? Is it possible to cancel those as well?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Hhhmm I wanna learn to do this. I may be wrong here but maybe to help clarify. But some strings or moves you can buffer the special during the animation of the string or normal and some have to be input during the animation of the final hit to get it to come out. Is the trick is just learning which strings/normals work which way with this technique?

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
you can cancel all 2 hit strings into grab. You cannot cancel B123 and 11D2 into grab. All other three hit strings can cancel to grab.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave what about other two hit strings such as 1,2 or b12? Is it possible to cancel those as well?
Absolutely. You activate trait and tap 4,1,2,d+4 (for 1,2) and 4,b+1,2,d+4 (for b+1,2).

im thinking that d12 is the only string that this cannot be done with.
You can combo d+1,2 to command grab too. You activate trait and tap 4,d+1,2,d+4.

Hhhmm I wanna learn to do this. I may be wrong here but maybe to help clarify. But some strings or moves you can buffer the special during the animation of the string or normal and some have to be input during the animation of the final hit to get it to come out. Is the trick is just learning which strings/normals work which way with this technique?
Any normal or string that can be special canceled works with this technique.

For three-hitting strings, you input 4 before the last hit. For example, activate trait and tap 1,2,4,3,d+4 (for 1,2,3).

If you just learn how to cancel f+2 and 3 to command grab, you will be fine as these two are most frequently used.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Absolutely. You activate trait and tap 4,1,2,d+4 (for 1,2) and 4,b+1,2,d+4 (for b+1,2).

You can combo d+1,2 to command grab too. You activate trait and tap 4,d+1,2,d+4.

Any normal or string that can be special canceled works with this technique.

For three-hitting strings, you input 4 before the last hit. For example, activate trait and tap 1,2,4,3,d+4 (for 1,2,3).

If you just learn how to cancel f+2 and 3 to command grab, you will be fine as these two are most frequently used.
well i tried it and i couldn't get it to connect for d12, i can do it for every other one tho.