What's new

Question New to injustice; willing to put in work.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Try walking backwards more. You would be amazed by how much you can whiff punish by backing up as oppose to crouching.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
This is not a superman hate post you retards. Telling someone to spam anything is bad advice.

SolomonGrundman

Grundy don't stop
Well what is a beginner friendly character that has:

-Projectiles/Good zoning
-Good Damage
-Mixups
-Mobility
-Viable(Top tier, I could careless about Tier whoring, I will be the first to say that I am a certified tier whore, I come form playing competitive FPS, where you would be stupid to use a bad gun.)

I'll gladly learn him in addition to Superman, but I need help in the NEUTRAL GAME! I'm getting blown up easy.

Thanks lol.
Aquaman, Superman, Batman, anyone with man in their name. This includes wonder woman.

I can't answer any of your questions, but I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate that you're willing and accepting to put in work to getting this game down. It's great to have more diverse players from the Capcom or whatever FGC's. Also, it's refreshing to see a new member who doesn't complain about the game all day.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM

-Projectiles/Good zoning
-Good Damage
-Mixups
-Mobility
-Viable(Top tier, I could careless about Tier whoring, I will be the first to say that I am a certified tier whore, I come form playing competitive FPS, where you would be stupid to use a bad gun.)

I'll gladly learn him in addition to Superman, but I need help in the NEUTRAL GAME! I'm getting blown up easy.

Thanks lol.

haha i was just messing around, im a salty shazam player :p superman destroys shazam

-Projectiles/Good zoning
-Good Damage
-Mixups
-Mobility

Thanks lol.
You are right SM is perfect to learn the game.First advice:don't listen to those idiots.I'm going to watch the video and come up with something :)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
learning superman myself , cmon guys this fella is askin for advice not bitchin or moanin about anythin , only one or two have actually helped

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
look at this thread and tell me if he doesn't deseve the nerf. Everyone is just using f23 breath so sorry, but the nerf is well deserved. Next time discover other things instead of using the same shit over and over again.
Oh look, a dumbass who doesn't know shit about fighting games suddenly going hipster because everyone plays his main now.

Oh look, a dumbass who doesn't know shit about fighting games suddenly going hipster because everyone plays his main now.
pathethic. Pls cry more, next week f23 will be nerfed. Not knowing a crap about fighting games? pls tell me one other game aside nrs games where you can spam one string and win. Pls, I dare you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
pathethic. Pls cry more, next week f23 will be nerfed. Not knowing a crap about fighting games? pls tell me one other game aside nrs games where you can spam one string and win. Pls, I dare you.
Awesome, go to a tournament and prove it. You're just a casual scrub that just got into fighters, a sheep like most of TYM.

Now I'm no Daigo but I tried to highlight some mistakes you did:

1.52:SM have many ways to start a match,I don't think going back is a good choice
2.13:I think I saw the laser animation but maybe I'm wrong
2.14 SM is very good at dodging
2.21:Combo DF2 with air laser
2.26:Missed combo
2.59:Use F23 to punish missed hits
3.31:Never use an uppercut that way
3.34:Missed input
3.56:Missed input
4.00:MIssed combo
4.03:Missed combo
4.15:I would have used two bars
6.00:Air dash
7.16:Match starts in the same way
7.36: Punish with F23-combo
8.06:Missed input
8.14:Missed punish-Pay attention when using DF2 it's very punishable
8.16:Missed DF2
8.27:I think D3 is used mainly in mixups however it's punishable
8.39:He was close you should have MB you air laser
8.47:missed input
11.00:Use wakeup
11.45:No, he was way too close to use that.
12.05:Missed combo
12.19:Breath
13.07As you said lol
13.13:SM can cancel his poke into breath for pressure

It's just normal that at the beginning you don't know WHEN to use your tools, the best way to learn is by playing and watching other people play here are some tips

1) MB laser's importance can't be stressed enough:USE YOUR METER

2)Hitconfirm your strings:when you use F23 you must check if you are hitting your opponent, if so combo him if not breath and than you have different options as Deathandhealing pointed out
"f23,super breath or f2,super breath is your main pressure string. It leaves you neutral on block allowing you to dictate how the fight will progress. Please note though that there is at least a 6f gap in between the loops so you can potentially be punished for using them. A 7f move has a chance to trade with you. This loop needs further testing but the data is currently accurate as far as we know.

d1 - At 6 frames it'll beat any normal including your opponents d1. It will whiff vs certain characters if you both d1. It also whiffs if your opponents normal does not move them forward at all. If your opponent has a fast advancing move, you can be punished during the recovery frames. If you use f2,super breath ignore the above and consider the following.. d1 will whiff against any opponent who is duck blocking but not stand blocking the whole string.

Cross Up J3 - f23~super breath leaves you at perfect range that if you jump in with a J3 it will cross up. Does not work with f2~super breath.

Jump Back, Air Dash, J3 - A left/right mixup.

f23,trait - This can catch people off guard and before the opponent knows what to do, you've already put them back in the f23~super breath loop or caught them in a combo. You can also try MB Super Breath to catch them in a combo.

Wait and React - Simply just see what they like to do after a blocked f23~super breath and next time you land the string on them use the correct follow-up option.

Throw"

3)Use your trait(especially in combos)

4)Punish your opponent.

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
Hello guys, I'm new to Injustice to cut out the fat of this post I'll get straight to the point, I'm coming from UMVC3 and I as getting bodied so I decided to play a different game since I as getting TOD pretty much 100% of the time so it was really difficult to actually practice.

Any way I'm maining superman to learn the game, I haven't had much time to practic due to EVO, but so far I can do one midscreen Bnb, and that is pretty much it, (fwd 23) I'm a training room monster so I'm willing to get put in the work so I can actually play against other people and have fun.

1. What is his best string

2.What is his best punish punish string?

3.From full screen should I always some them out with lasers?

4.Tips for neutral game/ safe pressure(I don't want to get blown up, bu I want to put pressure on opponents?)

5. Best options on wakeup?

6.At what point should I be able to hold my own online? (for example when Im able to do 40% Bnbs.

7. Any tips that will expediate the process of raising my skill level?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

-Projectiles/Good zoning
-Good Damage
-Mixups
-Mobility

Thanks lol.

Green Lantern. Real easy to learn

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
I can't punish people, I try to f23 out of some blockstrings and nothing comes out or I give up my block and end upsetting hit, wakeup is still a problem as well with all the crossups.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Some characters have strings that go low AND overhead and I Harding know how I punish it. It is also hard for me to actually land a hit during a match.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
You need to work in training mode against some specific options dude.

For example, your third video in the match vs Scorpion. It cleary shows that you don't know the matchup, but you did some mistakes that cost you the match.

Against Scorpion you can't be in that range, mid to far, he can punish you for being on the same spot with Hell Fire, it's unblockable, and he can punish your attempts to zone him, Heat Vision or Heat Zap. You just DON'T zone Scorpion, so reduce the usage of those options to the minimum and you want to be in his face. You're using Superman, you have better normals and better pressure! Abuse those against him.

I know this is the obvious part...but don't drop your combos :p

I saw you do at least once wake up d2 and the Scorpion wasn't even jumping at you or something. The best wake up option, most of the times, is to just block. If you noticed that Scorpion player just spammed TP and Flip Kick, you even blocked a couple of times those moves...so punish them! Teleport Punch is -42 on block iirc and Flip Kick is -10, all those options and punishable with f23, which starts in 8f, into BIG DAMAGE!

Don't give up corner pressure, in the second round you got a combo on Scorpion into the corner, he was almost dying, and instead of going for 3 xx db2(or MB db2), after Scoop(df1) you went for a Rising Grab, thereforth giving up the corner and Scorpion left with that magic pixel. Corner game is great for Superman, his pressure gets better, due to no push back on db2, and his damage is outrageous. If you went for the option I mentioned, you would've won that round and Scorpion was in the corner in the next round, forcing Scorpion to get out of there using TP or a Jump, either options punishable by Superman.

Scorpions Super is really but really good, so you need to respect it.

I really can't stress this enough but ABUSE THE TRAINING MODE THAT NR GAVE TO US IN THIS GAME! It's great to test matchup specifics, like what can Superman pusnish against X or Y character. That's getting matchup knowledge and knowledge is power my friend. So go into the lab pick Superman and pick the ENTIRE CAST to test with! I've done that for Scorpion and to test how could you use setups for Hell Fire against each character in the game. Watch videos from other Superman players, you have loads of youtube channels providing replays, you have streams, so use those 'tools' to your benefit! Pause, rewind, take notes and 'playback' specific situations that you've found interesting.

If you are recording your matches then analize them, see where you did your mistakes and what can you do to correct them in the future.

Go into the lab, get confortable with your combos, get a BNB for Max Damage with or without meter, to inverse positions with Rising Grab, to push into the corner or for a untechable knockdown. Train midscreen, corner, anti air and air to air combos. Once you feel that you have those combos on the tip of your fingers move on to the next level - learning matchups and by learning matchups not only you'll get to know the cast better but also your character, Superman.

It's important to know your character, regarding combos or neutral game, because that way you'll play less atention to your character and more atention to the other players character. By paying more atention to the opposing character you'll be able to respond more quickly and with the adequate action much faster, than you normaly would if you were too focused on your character.

I learned that while I was stepping up my game on SSF4, at the time I reached a level were I felt really confortable with my character, regarding combos, setups and etc. So the 'exercise' was to look all the time at your opponents character instead of yours, and as time goes by you'll notice that your reactions have increased significantly. This applies to all games, not only SSF4, so get at it :p

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
How do I punish whiffed moves without getting hit by another string? My main concern is defense. Offense I have safe options. However, I take way too much damage and am hardly playing the match against good players.

I just want to be able to punish opponents without giving up m y block leading to another combo.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
I think you mean blocked moves/strings. Whiffs take a long time to recovery and should not be problem cause your not getting hit at all. Blocked strings are a whole new ball game. Knowing what to do on a blocked string is all about knowing match ups. It will take a long time. Go to other character forums and learn their best strings. Find out if the strings are safe on block, negative, or neutral. Setup the training dummy on record and do the string or strings while blocking. I think if you finish the recording holding back after the string it will automatically block (can someone confirm if that works or not?) Then you can see if you can punish before the dummy can block.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
My bad I meant blocked of course, also Jayroc, what was the setup you showed me online it was after you a MB Breath, B3, Dash, D2 then??? So you can do the D3 in air to crossup.