What's new

Question New to injustice; willing to put in work.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Hello guys, I'm new to Injustice to cut out the fat of this post I'll get straight to the point, I'm coming from UMVC3 and I as getting bodied so I decided to play a different game since I as getting TOD pretty much 100% of the time so it was really difficult to actually practice.

Any way I'm maining superman to learn the game, I haven't had much time to practic due to EVO, but so far I can do one midscreen Bnb, and that is pretty much it, (fwd 23) I'm a training room monster so I'm willing to get put in the work so I can actually play against other people and have fun.

1. What is his best string

2.What is his best punish punish string?

3.From full screen should I always some them out with lasers?

4.Tips for neutral game/ safe pressure(I don't want to get blown up, bu I want to put pressure on opponents?)

5. Best options on wakeup?

6.At what point should I be able to hold my own online? (for example when Im able to do 40% Bnbs.

7. Any tips that will expediate the process of raising my skill level?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

Hello guys, I'm new to Injustice to cut out the fat of this post I'll get straight to the point, I'm coming from UMVC3 and I as getting bodied so I decided to play a different game since I as getting TOD pretty much 100% of the time so it was really difficult to actually practice.

Any way I'm maining superman to learn the game, I haven't had much time to practic due to EVO, but so far I can do one midscreen Bnb, and that is pretty much it, (fwd 23) I'm a training room monster so I'm willing to get put in the work so I can actually play against other people and have fun.

4.Tips for neutral game/ safe pressure(I don't want to get blown up, bu I want to put pressure on opponents?)

6.At what point should I be able to hold my own online? (for example when Im able to do 40% Bnbs.

1. What is his best string? F23 Breath, Also F2D1 Breath is great.
2.What is his best punish punish string? F23 also
3.From full screen should I always some them out with lasers? Check them with Heat Zap. You can build alot of meter that way.
4.Tips for neutral game/ safe pressure(I don't want to get blown up, bu I want to put pressure on opponents?) F23 Breath is safe pressure. great range also. Also a mb flying punch can be good for getting in after a mb laser
5. Best options on wakeup? Throw or Rising Grab. Supes back dash is top notch.
6.At what point should I be able to hold my own online? (for example when Im able to do 40% Bnbs./ Thats all on you dude. Learn the matchups and you'll be fine.
7. Any tips that will expediate the process of raising my skill level? Be determined and always scout around for new tech. Like supermans reset after a d2. you can use a jump d3 to eliminate wakeups

f23 can be easilly countered with MB f3/b3 into a full combo, so use it carefully. 111 breaks the mb f3/b3 and has same frames as f23.

I suggest you to go online quite soon since playing against other people it's the best training.Tthe most important thing it's not knowing combos but how to use properly you character moves.So 1)learn SM's main moves and strings:hands on F23 is one of the best string in this game starts in 8 frames beating most normals and has a godlike range if it gets blocked cancel it with breath: you'll be neutral(I think or -1)and able to pressure again(you'll learn how to not be predictable with practice)if you hit your opponent go with F23 trait F23 F2DF1 3(ender BF3 DF2) if you don't have trait use F23 j2 F23 F2DF1 3(ender BF3 DF2) you can also youse your meter for nasty combos.SM can rape his opponent in the corner but learn his resets later( like day 3).It's incredible that SM can also zone his opponent you'll learn to alternate his air and ground lasers(MB and meterless) with DB3 with practice.Remember that you have the best super in the game use it to threat your opponent and zoning him.2)Go online search someone who knows how to play decently otherwise it's useless 3)Learn SM corner combos and resets. 4)Go again online.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
I have is basic no meter bnb down, Im going to now practice his midscreen meter burn combo and a corner combo bnb, have already practiced his F23 string into breath so I know it is good for pressure.

Will be going online as soon as I have this Bnbs down, in actually more worried about crossups and resets, but it's a bit too early for that.

Also SUPERMAN WINS EVO!!!!!

Kidsnipa

Noob
Some other tips

(set practice dummy to random block)
-get in the habit of f23 and buffering down+back, and if the opponent blocks input 2 so its f23~db2 (f23 breath pressure) but if it hits then you can go into your combo

-Practice d1~breath, it's very good and fast, good interrupt move

-A big part of superman's game is his corner damage which can lead to 50%, 60%, and 70%, check out those threads and practice those combos! They can help you easily put a game away or make that come back since one f23 combo can pretty much guarantee corner pressure

-Practice your zoning. Heat zap builds tons of meter and your at advantage on hit or block (they can only really stop you on startup) know what ranges your heat vision is safe, and know when to use mb heat vision to make it safe or when you want the full screen push back. Also remember, when you want extra damage use your trait!!! You can also cancel trait~heat zap or trait~heat vision for a quicker recovery from the trait.

-df3 is a very good poke at checking your opponent who is walking backwards, but don't spam it. It's very punishable

Playing people is the only way to learn matchups and punishes, but make sure your consistent with your combos and strings.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
I have been putting a lot of time in the lab I have a couple problems though.

1. It's hard for me to actually get in and apply pressure with f23(which is blocked 95% of the time.)
2. I'm super free on wakeup (especially against batman, he constantly crossed me up and I can never f23 after his strings)
3. When can I attack after blocking? And how do I apply jump in pressure side his air normals are really slow and don't cross up.

Pretty much I need help for neutral game. I can zone and play well against noobs, but once they get in range where zoning is unsafe I lose.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I really want to learn Superman too, but I'm too afraid that he is gonna get hit with a nerf when MMH comes out, lol.

I really want to learn Superman too, but I'm too afraid that he is gonna get hit with a nerf when MMH comes out, lol.
look at this thread and tell me if he doesn't deseve the nerf. Everyone is just using f23 breath so sorry, but the nerf is well deserved. Next time discover other things instead of using the same shit over and over again.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
look at this thread and tell me if he doesn't deseve the nerf. Everyone is just using f23 breath so sorry, but the nerf is well deserved. Next time discover other things instead of using the same shit over and over again.

LOL, you of all people should know there is a counter to everything. I'm using Superman and it is not like I'm scrubbing wins out against people that know what they're doing.

LOL, you of all people should know there is a counter to everything. I'm using Superman and it is not like I'm scrubbing wins out against people that know what they're doing.
doesn't matter, the counter to that needs 1 bar or specific character so sorry but the nerf is well deserved. He is my main too but if you really wanna learn how to play forgett about f23 breath and start learning other things.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
If you like the training room learn ALL of his corner combos that are 50%+. F23 without mercy and end in breath or trait. If blocked when traited throw them, almost guaranteed. If it hits when traited do F2 MB breath or another F23 breath B3 dash D2, Dive Punch (if u time it right it will cross-up and pop up the player into you for a full combo). Air dash is used best to cross-up. So you can do a lift into d2 or d1, d2 into a hard knock down then do an air dash (very low) j2, 223 or 22 lift (DF1). 22 string is good but some characters can interrupt the last hit if they know its coming. Add Jayroc80 on PSN and ill show u what I know, but no pro.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
If you like the training room learn ALL of his corner combos that are 50%+. F23 without mercy and end in breath or trait. If blocked when traited throw them, almost guaranteed. If it hits when traited do F2 MB breath or another F23 breath B3 dash D2, Dive Punch (if u time it right it will cross-up and pop up the player into you for a full combo). Air dash is used best to cross-up. So you can do a lift into d2 or d1, d2 into a hard knock down then do an air dash (very low) j2, 223 or 22 lift (DF1). 22 string is good but some characters can interrupt the last hit if they know its coming. Add Jayroc80 on PSN and ill show u what I know, but no pro.

I'll add you.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Haters ... If he is new to the game who fucking cares. Help him out. Would you want him to main Lobo or Joker??? FYI dont do that.

Uber

Noob
Lol. You dont need to put in work to play superman. Just shoot lazers and spam F23 whenever you can.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
"New to Injustice, willing to put in work"

"I'm going to main Superman"

I'm just starting, I'm not winning either(didn't expect to) I'm just trying to get the fundamentals down. I posted two videos trying to figure out what to iron out in my game so it is not like he is this easy mode OP character.

Haters ... If he is new to the game who fucking cares. Help him out. Would you want him to main Lobo or Joker??? FYI dont do that.
I wanted a character that has good projectiles for zoning, good damage and mobility. Superman has all of that, but I may switch characters because the neutral game is really difficult and I'm constantly getting crossed up or my opponents are jumping over f23 it is just awful.

Lol. You dont need to put in work to play superman. Just shoot lazers and spam F23 whenever you can.

Again he isn't some Super OP character, yeah he won Evo, and F23 is good, but obviously spamming f23 and lazer spam isn't getting me anywhere, can you look at my videos and and tell me where I can improve?

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
please, we do not need any more superman players :(

Well what is a beginner friendly character that has:

-Projectiles/Good zoning
-Good Damage
-Mixups
-Mobility
-Viable(Top tier, I could careless about Tier whoring, I will be the first to say that I am a certified tier whore, I come form playing competitive FPS, where you would be stupid to use a bad gun.)

I'll gladly learn him in addition to Superman, but I need help in the NEUTRAL GAME! I'm getting blown up easy.

Thanks lol.

Uber

Noob
Neutral game, all you really need is the f23 really. If they jump in on you, d2. F23 really is that stupid, just spam it