What's new

New to Inj, good neutral/footsie characters?

Hey guys, pretty late to the Injustice 2 party because I don't have a console but I just grabbed it for PC. I've never played an NRS game but I always gravitate towards slower neutral characters in other games. Never really gravitated towards rushdown and/or mixup characters. I tend to play pretty lame.

Character strength isn't that important to me; I will probably just be playing online and with friends. I don't think liking the character aesthetically will be a problem either because all the DC characters seem cool to me. Thanks in advance for any help and happy holidays.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle low key though.
Blue beetle footsies are prett dope especially since f23 (I think it's f23 haven't playe beetle in a min) the first and second hit anti air if they try to njp your aproach. Leading to a decent little combo. I agree with bb, ww probably has the best raw footsies (not saying she's op which I think she is close but she had a lot of footsie options overall) her d3 is pretty much safe and had good range, back 2 is really good and is safe covers range longer than the neutral position it's self. Get food with IA shield throws and it's gg. The shield toss is great from the air if you know when to use it. Lot of characters can't even punish it do to its hit box moving back. I'm sure you know this but I'm bored and I feel like explaining it further for anyone wondering what exactly makes them good. WW can use b2 to catch back dashes after 22, forcing people to respect 223 once in awhile which is plus 12. She's honestly probably the best footsie character. Her shoulder charge is great as well the farther you are the safer it is. Giving you a massiv mobility boost over all. MB and it's plus what is there to not love.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Don't you play robin in Xbox? I swear I ran into you when I was playing lame firestorm and it ended up lagging out when I tied it up.
No , I play on ps4 and main red hood ;) Never played robin . I was on xbox a few months ago but I mained deadshot back then .

MGTarkus

Kohustle
No , I play on ps4 and main red hood ;) Never played robin . I was on xbox a few months ago but I mained deadshot back then .
Yeah weird someone has the sane exact name on Xbox, I thought of you cuz I remember tym pic use to be deadshot and we had some interesting debates about dds in the past.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Hey guys, pretty late to the Injustice 2 party because I don't have a console but I just grabbed it for PC. I've never played an NRS game but I always gravitate towards slower neutral characters in other games. Never really gravitated towards rushdown and/or mixup characters. I tend to play pretty lame.

Character strength isn't that important to me; I will probably just be playing online and with friends. I don't think liking the character aesthetically will be a problem either because all the DC characters seem cool to me. Thanks in advance for any help and happy holidays.
Flash

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
If you want to play a slow, lame, defensive game I feel like WoWo is probably the single best character in the game for that. She not only CAN be played that way but really seems to shine when played like that. You can bring matches entirely to a halt with her, then get your knockdown and lock them down.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Manta, aqua, black adam, superman, supergirl, green lantern, and wonder woman are all great footsie characters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Theres a lot of footsie characters but Aquaman and Wonder Woman are best for lame. Sub-Zero also has advancing mids and an ice klone but you need to play offensively a bit to take full advantage of him.