What's new

New tech for NW from LOTF

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

So in this video I have two new technologies I am now ready to release. Let me start with nw reset it's not a true reset but it is great if unexpected and even better against the wall. The opponent can get out of it if they tech roll or wakeup attack or both...however if you do that I can bait and punish. So it's really more of a trap than a reset but if it orks it becomes a reset.

It forces you to stand block if you do anything but roll or wakeup attack...or it pops you up and away from nw giving him a eh lightning mixup. As seen in the video, against the wall it can lead to massive damage by rejuggling.

The next tech is using standing 4 or string 234. Both are safe on block with massive range but they plant you opponent on his face changing the timing for wakeup attacks. This is a better setup for Lightning Trap than shoulder although it is escapeable. It is now nw best but really only lightning trap.

So what I did in this video is show you what happens if both of them happen to work. The damage is reset each time so it causes massive hurt. Exactly 109% in the corner.

As I find the best ways to apply this in competative play I will update.

Enjoy...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont get it, cant you just block the F312 and have it over with there? Or do you mean ending the combo with 234 in general for lightning?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think he means the combo ending in 4 to get an :en Lightning.

Does the 234 disable rolls or something?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Theres 2 things hes trying to show though, I understand the 234 bit but not the other bit, surely you can just block in anyway you like to avoid that move, thats like saying I'm not gonna nutpunch I'm gonna let you drop to the floor, then Im gonna overhead kick and you cant do anything other than stand block. Or something along them lines.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No it doesn't disable rolls...but by delaying the timing on the eh LIghtning, and it's ground proximity properties, it makes it a better lightning trap than shoulder used to be.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Theres 2 things hes trying to show though, I understand the 234 bit but not the other bit, surely you can just block in anyway you like to avoid that move, thats like saying I'm not gonna nutpunch I'm gonna let you drop to the floor, then Im gonna overhead kick and you cant do anything other than stand block. Or something along them lines.
Yes kind of. With heavy gravity scaling, F312 causes the 1 to miss and the 2 hits. Either on block or it pops u up.

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
This is very interesting! creates some massive damage on faulty defense. Also after landing the 2 on the whiffed f312. you could just go straight into another combo such as, 11 f312 122 shoulder for 33%, 1 axe f312 122 shoulder for 35%, and 2 axe f312 122 shoulder for 37%. This idea can be 80% with no meter!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Call me tomorrow and we will test this out

Walker is coming over and clint n redd possibly are down

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is very interesting! creates some massive damage on faulty defense. Also after landing the 2 on the whiffed f312. you could just go straight into another combo such as, 11 f312 122 shoulder for 33%, 1 axe f312 122 shoulder for 35%, and 2 axe f312 122 shoulder for 37%. This idea can be 80% with no meter!
You got the right idea. It's not a 100% guarantee but it happens a ton so it's worth knowing how to follow up the 2.

Creepy00

Noob
Looks impressive, but will like to see the test results. Also you got me thinking about whiffing intentionally, sub can do it too. huh

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
also just to amp up the damage of the initial combo. go jip b22 axe axe 2 axe f312 f312. and that should be 45% instead of 43. same pop up.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Hmmm, this is very interesting. I can totally see the standing 4 being an easier setup for possible LT. Can't wait to try this out! Thanks LOTF!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This is obviously a troll thread cause noone is giving up new tech before NEC. So I don't believe it, it's photoshoped.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
well me and pig have conflicting schedules right now...and he is the only person i really trust to test this with. With him going to NEC tomorrow itll have to wait till after this weekend.

n9195v

Noob
well me and pig have conflicting schedules right now...and he is the only person i really trust to test this with. With him going to NEC tomorrow itll have to wait till after this weekend.
you should have went to NEC man someone needs to rep Night Wolf ! Anyway please keep us posted and tell us how it works. I tried it some online it seemed to get blocked more times then not but I did get it once or twice.

McNasty

Moist.
I'd say its worth it even if they block the 2nd f312 a d3 is guaranteed and will set up more f3 pressure.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yup. That is the reset. If they block it you get free pressure with d3 or my favorite, d1 axe. D1 and d3 are both 7 frames so your choice. But they will most likely try to counter after the blocked reset or jump...if their counter is faster than 7 frames your in trouble...(it's hard on kitana or anyone with a 6 frame move) but otherwise it will pop them up for another combo or reset.

I wish I could have gone to NEC but I have a business trip and it would have made me miss finals anyways...oh well. You will see me at Final Round!

n9195v

Noob
I think I improved your tech

If your opponent does wake up attacks to get out of it you can after the first forward 3, 1, 2 do forward 3 then wait and do enhanced choke. I tested it on Kung's wake up spin and sub zero's wake up slide and it seems to work

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Nice find...so after the first one...they will learn to wakeup attack...then the next. Time to eh choke after...I like it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Oh and I have more new tech...this one is pretty great. Adds 20-30% extra damage to combos or gives u a 20-30% lead in for eh lightning. One of the two is guaranteed. It's super sexy.

But shhhhh it's a secret

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Oh and I have more new tech...this one is pretty great. Adds 20-30% extra damage to combos or gives u a 20-30% lead in for eh lightning. One of the two is guaranteed. It's super sexy.

But shhhhh it's a secret
Im not hyping it up or lying when i say this new ^^ tech he's teasing now is f ing annoying