What's new

New SFV footage (6/11/2015)

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I gave up trying to figure out Street Fighter Lore a while ago. it is too convoluted and this is a fighting game series that doesnt even have a real story mode. I just gave up on the lore entirely except for the characters i care about like cody and yang
Fair enough, although the timeline of the story will decide the characters.

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/street-fighter-v/242133/street-fighter-making-sense-of-the-story

Read that, it helped me out just now when I tried to make sense of it all.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
might as well say what i like and dislike about this
Like: How beefy and impacting the hits look and feel, it sounds incredible and makes me feel like i just hit someone even though i did not even play the game, it all sounds so raw and impactful
how the gameplay is a bit slower that way it can leave room for more strategic play and give more options to think about your opponents moves and they think about yours ie. i believe this game will be HUGE with mindgames.
Ryus "V" skill, and how it is a parry, that sounds hype as fuck
dislike: Akuma DLC day 1, now even though i hate akuma, this is bullshit, same thing with goro dlc, that was bullshit it was on disk to begin with. fuck day 1 dlc character locks
If the trend continues the fact that all costumes are paid dlc instead of having at least one other costume per character
The fact that the parry is exclusive to ryu and nobody else has it.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Looks really good, it's quite impressive to see UE4 used in a fighting game. SFV and Tekken 7 are going to be using it. Still waiting on Sakura and Juri to be announced.

enkil

Noob
Does GGPO play nice with unreal engine? The problem may be so systemic that it would be costly, impractical, or even impossible to fix at the level we need it to be.

d3v

SRK
There are a ton of small things that people might not notice but are important for anyone who's been following SF since the older games.

One of the most important things is that backdashes are no longer hit-invulnerable (like they were in SFIII).

Also, the only way to get a hard knockdown now seems to be via a super (again like SFIII). And hard knockdowns now last faster.

These alone are major changes from SFIV.
So if Capcom pulls off their version of GGPO, we can put NRS on blast right?
Capcom is already working on their own implementation of rollback netcode for UE4 codenamed "Kagemusha". It's mentioned on our article on the game.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/11/going-hands-on-with-street-fighter-v-versatility-has-its-v-benefits/

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
There are a ton of small things that people might not notice but are important for anyone who's been following SF since the older games.

One of the most important things is that backdashes are no longer hit-invulnerable (like they were in SFIII).

Also, the only way to get a hard knockdown now seems to be via a super (again like SFIII). And hard knockdowns now last faster.

These alone are major changes from SFIV.

Capcom is already working on their own implementation of rollback netcode for UE4 codenamed "Kagemusha". It's mentioned on our article on the game.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/11/going-hands-on-with-street-fighter-v-versatility-has-its-v-benefits/
Cool! I'll check I out.