What's new

New SFV footage (6/11/2015)

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Wow.

The stuff they showed earlier really didn't impress me, but this new footage, and the explanations of these new systems, are really cool.

I get a serious Killer Instinct vibe from what they are going for (which is a good thing), and I can't wait to see how far they go.

Edit:

Ok. Now I can really see why people were saying this is somewhat slower than SF4. Actually watching a match with sound and no voice over...

That hit stun...
Those links... (slow)
Those...Killer Instinct, Instinct cancels (?) ...
That start up on those sonic booms and hadoukens...

SF5 is still a work in progress, and I do like the direction that they are going (at least it sounds good on paper), so I'm still eager to see how they refine the game, and where they ultimately end up with it.

The overall movement...

Wow.

2nd Edit:

Man this game is beautiful. Maybe it is the sound that I don't like (though the music is far better than in SF4), but I enjoy watching the game more with voice over.

Max's breakdown is great!

P.S. - It is sort of vindicating to hear other people talk about the similarities of this game and KI.

Last edited:

Audit

Falls down too much
Looks really good. I think it's very interesting they got rid of Focus Attack, that's probably the "drawing in the younger (casual) crowd", by lowering the starting execution level. I hope the netplay is really good, a major fighting game maker needs to do it right to raise the bar and force the other makers to do it right as well.

As some one who hasn't really played street fighter at all, except for in arcades sometimes, should I hop into the series now? This game looks great! Chun-Li got them thunder thighs :REO

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
As some one who hasn't really played street fighter at all, except for in arcades sometimes, should I hop into the series now? This game looks great! Chun-Li got them thunder thighs :REO
Who knows. So far people are saying that it feels a lot like SF4, but is still fairly fresh in it's execution. I really wasn't a huge fan of SF4, but this looks pretty fun. I won't ever play it (because I have an Xbox One), but the launch of a new game on a new system is always the best place to start if you want to jump in and learn with the community.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
wow no hard knowckdowns after throw anymore? @ 5:32
and chip damage recovers ?
dont know what to say

Omega mode combos would be sick!!!!!
My biggest problem with SFIV is that I can spend weeks in training mode practicing bread and butters only to drop them in the heat of the moment due to a 1/60 of a second delay with my fingers or lag spike. Omega mode made it so that I could practice a combo and use it with reasonable consistency.

I feel lowering the execution requirements to Omega level will only help grow the player base (and it'll piss of elitist diehards, with always leads to time well spent on EH)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This definitely makes the game seem more interesting and I've actually grown to like the art style now too. Too bad that it won't even be coming to my console though. Passing on it by default I guess.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
I have always wanted to play street fighter. I tried SF 4 and noticed that I couldn't get the commands out on pad. I play Tekken, Mk and Injustice, and so far street fighter is the only game where I can't get the commands right on a controller so feel like a fight stick is kind of a requirement to play this game. I don't own a fight stick and I don't think its worth getting one just to be able to play SF properly. Maybe its a thing of practice, but it seems like SF practice time > Tekken, MK, Injustice time.

I have always wanted to play street fighter. I tried SF 4 and noticed that I couldn't get the commands out on pad. I play Tekken, Mk and Injustice, and so far street fighter is the only game where I can't get the commands right on a controller so feel like a fight stick is kind of a requirement to play this game. I don't own a fight stick and I don't think its worth getting one just to be able to play SF properly. Maybe its a thing of practice, but it seems like SF practice time > Tekken, MK, Injustice time.
Whilst the game is geared towards stick, plenty of players can use pads effectively with practice. If Brolylegs can win by using his face, anybody with full use of their hands can get good on pad.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
Looks like the FGC is Gonna Be on Fire for a long time MK X, SF V next year.... And we all know a new MK and KI arent too far away so yea great time to be in the FGC

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I am a fan of how they already mentioned netcode, def a must buy! I am also a fan of the general pace of the game they have shown so far even though it is early.

I can imagine people might\would consider it boring but I welcome the mechanic changes into a more slower paced game.