What's new

new scorpion trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its possible he can have a really damaging combo with popup~2 punch~teleport, then after the teleport, just do the 2 punch~teleport again (possible infinite?). Hes getting under them after the punches enough so that the teleport hits deep enough where it doesnt knock him back as far and will put him under the opponent just enough again for more 2 punch~teleport reps. The combo im talking about is at 40 seconds

Other than that, it shows some good gameplay for him. Really does him more justice then these half-assed videos we see from people playing the game. Hope to see more good stuff soon.

Thanks as always sgt.

that punch look like a good AA and it start big combos scorpion is looking really good is like he has every thing.
good combos , good aa, good anti fire balls , good air game with his air grab and teleport, can combo into xray, an unblockble attack

i do not see how he will not be top tier in this game if he does not get nerf when they start balancing the game

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
They need to do this with all the characters.

Speaking of AA jabs...quite a few look extremely good for that purpose. Also, I hope they start changing all the jumping attack animations (doubt it, but we'll see).

AC1984

Kaballin!
nice videos...I dont understand lots of stuff like you do guys but i like the combos....if its not broken with infinities then its cool....

I feel that these AA punches you guys are talking about are not as useful for AA as you are making it seem. Look at how far away Mileena has to start to jump in order for the AA punch to connect. Nobody playing the game at a high level is going to jump at you from that far away. A jumpkick is going to have priority everytime over those hits. The best anti air is an uppercut. The frame at which a jumpkick hits that punch is nulled from that low and the uppercut gets priority since you are ducking before you do the uppercut. Remember folks: ALWAYS USE UPPERCUTS IN MK9.

AC - Imagine it like this... You have Human Smoke: HK LP, walk up, roundhouse, teleport~spear. That teleport is always going to hit deep enough where another hit after it is possible (the spear). Now imagine the same thing from up close for Scorpion in MK9, popup, hp hp, teleport, hp. That teleport is hitting deep enough and making the opponent land right next to you afterwards for another hp hp teleport juggle.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
First video I've actually seen Scorpions Hellfire backflip in. Good stuff. The combo into the X-ray was awesome too. Now if they'll just show someone other than SCORPION grrr.

Oh, and Check. The longer you keep an opponent in the air the faster they begin to fall so hopefully that'll nullify a few possible infinites. I definitely see where your coming from though.

Nice post. I forgot how awesome that spin blade combo into the flipkick was!! Very cool to see them adding more moves to existing characters!

Yes, very true. That does pretty much nullify infinites. By infinites i was refering to up till the point at which they start dropping too fast for another hp hp teleport.

Like ive said before about the teleport combo though, the teleport will probably take a few seconds to use again like it does in the older games, so i wouldnt worry about the infinite. Just pointing out stuff that MIGHT happen and they should look out for. So instead of hp hp teleport hp hp teleport, it would look more like:

hp hp teleport, hp hp, dash in, 3 hit combo into another teleport, then a small combo at the end (possibly jab~3 hit dial~special finisher)

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
That sounds more likely for sure. Perhaps a little more difficult to perform as well. BTW I am by no means a high level player of mk, but I I've learned to look at a lot of stuff thanks to reading posts from you and a lot of the other high level players here. So I definitely appreciate that.

Also, wonder how a lot of this stuff is gonna play out now considering we're gonna drop the HP,LP,HK,LK system and go with FP,BP,FK,BK. That's really gonna change some stuff up as far as commands go. I remember seeing a move list in a pax vid and the sweep attack wasn't back low kick anymore it was forward back kick which is definitely gonna be a weird transition lol.
I remember how the facebuttons are set right now as well

X (Square)-Front Punch
Y(Triangle)-Back Punch
A(X)-Front Kick
B(Circle)-Back Kick

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Damn, they need those for more characters...
I'm actually content with what we've gotten so far. I actually hope that they don;t reveal any more characters either... I wanna get the game and be surprised, not get the game and already know half the game.

Just my opinion though. :) Because we all know how much I want to see Ermac and Kabal... lol

I'm actually content with what we've gotten so far. I actually hope that they don;t reveal any more characters either... I wanna get the game and be surprised, not get the game and already know half the game.

Just my opinion though. :) Because we all know how much I want to see Ermac and Kabal... lol
i would not mind if they show me every character but the new characters because is not like i will be surprise when i find out ermac, kabal, sonya, kano, liu, baraka and others are in the game lol... i already know this. what i do want to see is how they play and it will not be so bad to see them fighting before the game comes out and it will not take anything away from the game when i after i buy it

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Surprised nobody else except one guy I think in here has mentioned the flip kick back? That looks awesome and if it's a normal move I'm SURE it'll be great AA. I'm thinking like Guile's flipkick here...

Anywho, whoever this tester or player is. He knows what he's doing clearly...I thought of this guy is a Check like tester lol with the combos, creativeness etc.

Nice AA combos but I agree with Check, I don't think it'll be "as key" as say UMK3 AA IMO, and I noticed that video it wasn't a deep JK, it was an early JK during that AA combo.

But my jaw dropped when I saw the ridiculous juggle combos with low poke, into spear, followed by another teleport into X-ray and similar combo finished with leg take down?! I was like what?!?! lol.

I can only imagine what Ermac will be like in this game lol I'm so using him and Scorpion. Scorpion will probably wind up being one of the better characters.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I'm thinking air/jumping will be used more for getting away, occassional crossover kicks and for in mid combos(like Scorpion, Sektor JK, or AA into teleport in air combos)

But from the looks of it, definitely looks like you don't want to jump constantly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.