What's new

Combo Video - Reptile New reptile uppercut combos

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Calls me immature
Calls me a fool
Tells me I talk like a girl

Get a load of this guy. Have a nice day! :)
He's right on at least the first two. Just tell the guy where he went wrong, you didn't even attempt to before bursting into a fit of indignity to start an unnecessary argument.

OP, It's nice that you put the time in, but check the combo thread first. Otherwise you are just wasting everyone's time.

Although to be fair, the formatting of the combo thread is completely terrible

Last edited:

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
What was the reason you were given for not being able to mod these forums? They really, really need it. Reptile might not be as popular as some other characters, but I tend to barely come to this subforum simply because of the lack of organization. Seeing a new thread and being like "Sweet!", only to find that it's some dude reshitting the same kombo's we've already seen is getting bummer.
I'd appreciate your input/ help with my thread, and I also invite anyone else that would like to give constructive criticism. I don't claim anything in the thread I have is mine, as I'm just trying to make an organized Reptile thread w/ combos and videos to help out new people, and those who aren't. Unfortunately, I decided to do a general discussion on top of that so for some pages besides my main post, there are a lot of random combo videos in between comments. It's kinda upsetting to see people make all these "30seconds to 5 mins of fame" threads instead of trying to contribute to what I already have going so we can help the community out with using Reptile as not a lot of people play him and are turned off to not having anything substantial due to a disorganized sub-forum.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Since I made the mistake and entered a shithole thread I'm gonna take a piss in it, i.e. comment. Mods need to put it together.

Xev

Noob
I'd appreciate your input/ help with my thread, and I also invite anyone else that would like to give constructive criticism. I don't claim anything in the thread I have is mine, as I'm just trying to make an organized Reptile thread w/ combos and videos to help out new people, and those who aren't. Unfortunately, I decided to do a general discussion on top of that so for some pages besides my main post, there are a lot of random combo videos in between comments. It's kinda upsetting to see people make all these "30seconds to 5 mins of fame" threads instead of trying to contribute to what I already have going so we can help the community out with using Reptile as not a lot of people play him and are turned off to not having anything substantial due to a disorganized sub-forum.
Honestly the format is great, it's just most of them don't have anything under them so we have a bunch of spoilers with nothing in them lol.

If someone wants to put together a list of what all needs to be filled in I can help either listing the combo or making a vid to put there for you guys in hopes people actually use the thread.

Yeah, my minor frustration with the format is clicking on a spoiler and discovering nothing. It can also be confusing to navigate.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Honestly the format is great, it's just most of them don't have anything under them so we have a bunch of spoilers with nothing in them lol.

If someone wants to put together a list of what all needs to be filled in I can help either listing the combo or making a vid to put there for you guys in hopes people actually use the thread.
Thanks.I'll do that. The problem is there are a lot of videos in that thread that are using more than 3 bars of meter or they are just X-Ray specific and IMO are unrealistic, so that's why they haven't been included.

Xev

Noob
Thanks.I'll do that. The problem is there are a lot of videos in that thread that are using more than 3 bars of meter or they are just X-Ray specific and IMO are unrealistic, so that's why they haven't been included.
Oh I wouldn't include them either, anything more than a bar I just skip anyway. Anyone who plays this character knows how starved for meter he is.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Yeah, my minor frustration with the format is clicking on a spoiler and discovering nothing. It can also be confusing to navigate.
Yeah, it's like that because there hasn't really been anything contributed that can go in "reserved". A lot of these 30 seconds of fame threads are just the same things that are already in there, so they don't really add anything new. I tried to make it technical because some people only want to have more highs, or mids, or lows, or overheads at their disposal since it seems most people are blocking mids and lows in this game. Plus it makes it easier to find what your specifically looking for. It's not quite finished which is also why it says WIP on it.

So, I figure it's better off you know what you're getting into beforehand, rather than having to see for yourself. I put in the first couple sentences before I organized it, how to navigate it. If I didn't use Spoilers, there would be a whole lot of loading on computers and laptops with bad internet and it would be all over the place. I took the organization from looking at some of Dustloop's threads as they are very organized, but I couldn't figure out how to do a direct translation.

So, rather than have all that, or have combos that you have to figure out where they work, you don't have to anymore. If I threw the variation next to where it worked, would that make it easier for you to search? An example would be instead of having Deceptive, then having Mid Screen, then High/Mid/Low, I have Deceptive Mid Screen High Starters as line so you can control + f it?

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I would agree. Drop the empty spoiler tags and you'll be on the right track.

I personally feel the spoiler buttons should be done away with entirely. They add needless clutter. If you don't want to look at combos, don't access the combo thread! :)

The Kano combo thread is a good example of a clean, simple thread that's easily accessible.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
@MK_GDROM if you're planning on cleaning up the op of the combo thread I suggest a few things:

• Starters should only be F412, B3, F3, B2
  • Keep the combos BnB-oriented, no need to list 2124, EX Fastball or EX Elbow Dash combos
  • Metered combos should be practical and efficient, if there's a combo that uses 3 bars for the same damage as an XRay combo, there's no need to list it
And last nitpick would just to simply have 3 different threads per variation. You don't have to do all 3, I'll be glad to help if you need anything

Badfulgore

Beta Tester

Lol. I also unaware of the nomenclature: Tech, setup, ...
Uppercut combo was done before, but that did not detract from the hard work and time spent.
Thanks for sharing.
Sorry, I detele message for error.
I said, your uppercut in combos, and was discovered.
thanks for sharing

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I agree that there is a ton of unnecessary combo videos on the forums that should all be in the combo threads, but the combo threads (for the most part) are pretty shit. People just post the character combo threads to have their username on the thread and then barely do shit with it. I can't tell you how many characters I've messed around with and then went to check their combos and I can't find shit.

If you start a combo thread, it's your responsibility to keep the original post updated so people don't have to go through the whole thread collecting their own list. Character specific mods need to return, in my opinion.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
basic, simple and essential character combos. This is easy answer for anyone with internet
What is the better damage BnB Nimble 1 bar in wall?
49, and you didnt make it. You didnt make any of the bnbs.

Badfulgore

Beta Tester
54, having a slow forceball behind you against a training dummy who won't block the jump in or f412.

"Bnbs"
No SFB, first strike,reset, trade or anything else... with sfb 67% and trade,firststrike,sfb more of 70%
When we (Check and me) will publish compilation video, you will are in accordance

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
No SFB, first strike,reset, trade or anything else... with sfb 67% and trade,firststrike,sfb more of 70%
When we (Check and me) will publish compilation video, you will are in accordance
Wow with trade and firststrike? Those are words!

Seriously, 1) learn english 2) stop wasting everyones time saying theyre bnbs 3) stop saying that people "stole" anything, nobody cares about your videos lol.