What's new

New Reptile Tech????

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
My one concern though is that even with the ball behind you the slide still isn't safe but I haven't been able to test it.

In theory since the slide is hitting before the ball if they try to attack they will get relaunched but I'm HOPING that since the slide is first, the blocked ex ball which provides much push back would make this completely safe. But again theory, haven't tested it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
My one concern though is that even with the ball behind you the slide still isn't safe but I haven't been able to test it.

In theory since the slide is hitting before the ball if they try to attack they will get relaunched but I'm HOPING that since the slide is first, the blocked ex ball which provides much push back would make this completely safe. But again theory, haven't tested it.
Sorry for the double post. But I tested this and the push back makes a blocked slide safe.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Does this make the slide safe on block? If so, this is absolutely fucking amazing, you might even get your meter back, with Dash, 321, 124 slide, hit from slide, and hit from acid ball.

I just want to make sure it is 100% absolutely safe.

RapZiLLa54

Does this make the slide safe on block? If so, this is absolutely fucking amazing, you might even get your meter back, with Dash, 321, 124 slide, hit from slide, and hit from acid ball.

I just want to make sure it is 100% absolutely safe.
I'll test this when I get home tonight but like I said in theory this damn well should be safe on block due to the pushback and blockstun an ex forceball provides. The only way I can see it being NOT safe is if the timing is off and you hit the slide at the exact time (which will not provide pushback) which wouldn't of given you the reset to begin with.

RapZiLLa54

Finally got to testing this myself and like my theory and zero said this is safe on block due to the fact that ex ball provides pushback.

This set up also builds 3/4 of a meter back.

But I spent more time in the lab and have more goodies. The corner reset I have with 32b4 becomes a complete mix up with 32acidhand as they both come out at the same time since they have a delay and both will reset and both are completely safe.***EDIT***You can also do 32grab (thanks J360) as a throw reset which Scoot Mcgee posted up a few weeks back, find his thread for video.

WAKE UP ATTACK SETUP
Now for the juicy stuff. You might recall me talking about how certain characters completely nullify the X slow ball set up. Well I've come up with a set up that completely shits on that and almost every wakeup attack in the game.

122-fball-321 ex slow ball- double rep dash. Lets use Scorpion for instance. If he wake up x teleports he won't actually teleport behind you but instead in front of you leaving the ball active and still following. So when Scorpion now believes he has advantage on block it is indeed the opposite as you have the ball.

Mileena, one of reptiles worst match ups well this set up nullifes the big reason why she is. If she tele kicks it will completely miss you and land right on top of the ball for a nice reset. If she rolls she'll hit the ball or get elbow dashed.

Kung Lao- if you double dash and he uses teleport on wake up he will eat the ball or if he ex teleports it will shed his armor. If he spins the ball will hit him just after he hits you. Elbow dash twice will take his armor away on Ex spin and the ball will pop him up.

Raiden- I don't know if it works with regular teleport because practice mode sucks but it will keep the ball active if he ex teleports because he'll never actually change sides with the ball but instead always be in front of it. Also his wake up superman because of the double dash you will go right through it and he'll take the damage from the ball.

Cyrax this doesnt work on because he can just do the wake up air grab and escape this completely.

Now why this nullifies most wake up moves you could call a glitch.... For some reason when you double dash reptile will go right through the move disarming its armor but yet they'll absorb the damage ie scorpions ex slide tackle won't touch you but he'll eat the damage. Same with any Jax enhanced move or from what I've found any move in general. Kabal wake up it will break his armor and you'll take the hit but you can still get up and combo him anyway. I haven't tested this on the entire cast but from what I've noticed this seems to be universal.

***EDIT*** Did some more testing, this set up does not work on SubZero but it does work on Sonya. It will even mess up her arch kick to where she'll hit you with the ball still behind you either landing on top of the ball or give you nice pressure strings.

Shit this even punishes Smokes X shake as he'll come straight down on the ball. Now this only seems to happen if you do it perfectly.

So now I know you guys are saying well what if they block that nullifies the set up right. I guess. If you don't tech roll you'll block the dash but wont be able to punish due to the ball right behind me and you can't jump out because the ball is to close (although it might be possible) but if you don't jump out I'll get a free JIP string as you'll still be in pushback block stun mode as I'm in the air.

Now if you tech roll you'll once again block dash but you might be able to jump out before I can do anything (haven't tested) but say you don't the ball will still be behind me enough that I could go into the 321-124-slide reset.

There is only one way to completely avoid this set up and thats to play dead. Which will take away your wake up attack and if I know your playing dead I can do one dash d3 and it will pop you into the ball leaving me with a slight advantage.

Where this kinda becomes a mind game is if you do the full combo 122fball-32slowball-321Xslowball and you know they are going to play dead you can d3 into 321 string with the ball still behind. So it becomes "I know what your thinking, did I use 2 or 1 balls in this combo. Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. So you got to ask yourself one question, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, Punk?!"

NOTE: You can also do this setup with 321-NJP-fastball-321-Xslowball.

The double dash on certain wake up attacks actually hit the wake up attack and will push you back into the enhanced ball causing a reset if the opponent is not blocking (which they are trying to do a wakeup attack and not thinking about blocking so you could catch people with this as it happens FAST). Worst case this jails the opponent anyway leaving you at advantage.

sLeeK

Noob
Finally got to testing this myself and like my theory and zero said this is safe on block due to the fact that ex ball provides pushback.

This set up also builds 3/4 of a meter back.

But I spent more time in the lab and have more goodies. The corner reset I have with 32b4 becomes a complete mix up with 32acidhand as they both come out at the same time since they have a delay and both will reset and both are completely safe.***EDIT***You can also do 32grab (thanks J360) as a throw reset which Scoot Mcgee posted up a few weeks back, find his thread for video.

WAKE UP ATTACK SETUP
Now for the juicy stuff. You might recall me talking about how certain characters completely nullify the X slow ball set up. Well I've come up with a set up that completely shits on that and almost every wakeup attack in the game.

122-fball-321 ex slow ball- double rep dash. Lets use Scorpion for instance. If he wake up x teleports he won't actually teleport behind you but instead in front of you leaving the ball active and still following. So when Scorpion now believes he has advantage on block it is indeed the opposite as you have the ball.

Mileena, one of reptiles worst match ups well this set up nullifes the big reason why she is. If she tele kicks it will completely miss you and land right on top of the ball for a nice reset. If she rolls she'll hit the ball or get elbow dashed.

Kung Lao- if you double dash and he uses teleport on wake up he will eat the ball or if he ex teleports it will shed his armor. If he spins the ball will hit him just after he hits you. Elbow dash twice will take his armor away on Ex spin and the ball will pop him up.

Raiden- I don't know if it works with regular teleport because practice mode sucks but it will keep the ball active if he ex teleports because he'll never actually change sides with the ball but instead always be in front of it. Also his wake up superman because of the double dash you will go right through it and he'll take the damage from the ball.

Cyrax this doesnt work on because he can just do the wake up air grab and escape this completely.

Now why this nullifies most wake up moves you could call a glitch.... For some reason when you double dash reptile will go right through the move disarming its armor but yet they'll absorb the damage ie scorpions ex slide tackle won't touch you but he'll eat the damage. Same with any Jax enhanced move or from what I've found any move in general. Kabal wake up it will break his armor and you'll take the hit but you can still get up and combo him anyway. I haven't tested this on the entire cast but from what I've noticed this seems to be universal.

***EDIT*** Did some more testing, this set up does not work on SubZero but it does work on Sonya. It will even mess up her arch kick to where she'll hit you with the ball still behind you either landing on top of the ball or give you nice pressure strings.

Shit this even punishes Smokes X shake as he'll come straight down on the ball. Now this only seems to happen if you do it perfectly.

So now I know you guys are saying well what if they block that nullifies the set up right. I guess. If you don't tech roll you'll block the dash but wont be able to punish due to the ball right behind me and you can't jump out because the ball is to close (although it might be possible) but if you don't jump out I'll get a free JIP string as you'll still be in pushback block stun mode as I'm in the air.

Now if you tech roll you'll once again block dash but you might be able to jump out before I can do anything (haven't tested) but say you don't the ball will still be behind me enough that I could go into the 321-124-slide reset.

There is only one way to completely avoid this set up and thats to play dead. Which will take away your wake up attack and if I know your playing dead I can do one dash d3 and it will pop you into the ball leaving me with a slight advantage.

Where this kinda becomes a mind game is if you do the full combo 122fball-32slowball-321Xslowball and you know they are going to play dead you can d3 into 321 string with the ball still behind. So it becomes "I know what your thinking, did I use 2 or 1 balls in this combo. Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. So you got to ask yourself one question, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, Punk?!"

NOTE: You can also do this setup with 321-NJP-fastball-321-Xslowball.

The double dash on certain wake up attacks actually hit the wake up attack and will push you back into the enhanced ball causing a reset if the opponent is not blocking (which they are trying to do a wakeup attack and not thinking about blocking so you could catch people with this as it happens FAST). Worst case this jails the opponent anyway leaving you at advantage.
O__O

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Have you checked how it does on Sonya's EX cartwheel?
Without checking, if she kartwheels you before the acid ball connects, you will get launched. whether or not she also gets launched i cant confirm, but armoured moves take more than 1 hit to break, so the timing is more vital if theres an armoured move involved.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Without checking, if she kartwheels you before the acid ball connects, you will get launched. whether or not she also gets launched i cant confirm, but armoured moves take more than 1 hit to break, so the timing is more vital if theres an armoured move involved.
I thought so, thanks for this.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I thought so, thanks for this.
Now you know though im sure you could bait out armoured moved using this setup, but i dont think sonyas ex cartwheel is punishable so in this case its just something you need to be aware of and ready for.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Now you know though im sure you could bait out armoured moved using this setup, but i dont think sonyas ex cartwheel is punishable so in this case its just something you need to be aware of and ready for.
Oh yeah, I know of a way to stuff it but I don't think it would work in this situation because it would probably be on wake up therefore have invincibility.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Oh yeah, I know of a way to stuff it but I don't think it would work in this situation because it would probably be on wake up therefore have invincibility.
well thats where the timing comes into it, theres 8 frames of invincibility on the attack, plus its armoured meaning you have to hit them twice quite late in the animation to get the combo, you could also just spit or something to stuff the armour, hoping that the ball launches and leaving you safe at range.

Will EX Slide give you the launch, and can you follow it up or does he do the dropkick and fail? If thats the case then you could opt to spend a meter to attempt stuffing wakeup armoured moves, but moves in MK dont trade, so you really would be seeing inconsistant results.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Hey I also tested this tech further in the lab and it's also do-able from full screen distance that could completely f*ck sh*t up.

*fullscreen*

EN SFB Elbow Dash~JIP~321 , 124 x Slide (BAYYOM POPPED GOODER DAN A B*TCH)