What's new

New Reptile Tech????

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen after my last session at VSM and seeing all the madness that Cyblax and Jax bring to the table (incredible matches CDjr and J360) I decided to get in the god damn lab.

Poke tech. d3>>2>>invisibility. The advantage off of d3 gives you the ability to 2>>invis which grants you a safe jump. Is this new? Possibly but I'm drunk at the moment and don't really care so deal with it lol.

Reptile low launcher.

Well I finally found a god damn use for 124!!!!!! Take either combo 321-NJP-fball-32-sball-321-ex slowball- rep dash- 321-124slide. This is perfect timing and UNLESS the opponent blocks low he will be relaunched and then you can follow up with 32-ex fastball into 321slide. So 2 bars and you're looking at about 80 percent damage. You can also do the exact same thing with the 122-fastball-32-slowball-32-ex slowball. If you don't want to waste 2 bars and you are at about midscreen you can 122-fastball-32-slowball-32-ex slowball- rep dash-321-32b4 and this will relaunch him in which you can follow up with 32 fastball- 321-ender of choice for around 65% 1 bar.

Now YES I know this isn't some crazy guaranteed BS but lets say if the opponent tech rolls when you performed the combo at midscreen, you can follow up with acid hand into JIP, pause, b4 and this will again relaunch them. I'm still experimenting with more follow ups to reset after a tech roll so please feel free to add on!

I know this can't work on certain teleport characters because they suck but this definitely ups the ante in a few matchups (JC, Jax, SZ for ie).

Once the opponent knows you can do this low launcher and they are now prepared to block low, you can perform 124 into JIP and keep the pressure going.

I really wish NRS would make Reptiles ball active on the screen at all times. It would really help him vs teleport characters and give them a reason to be somewhat fearful of his rush down.

***EDIT VIDEOS***

Can be done Anywhere.

Corner specific 32b4 reset.

This video shows the free JIP you can get. NOTE: The combo can look better than this but it was 3 am and I was shot so it doesn't look as close as it could but you get the idea.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't get it...video please?
Second this! Sounds interesting but I'd like to see it.

edit: nvm, I get the idea. Using 124 slide after the slow EX FB to knock them into it; I'll give this a try later! Certainly sounds pretty awesome. Would like a video though!

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Second this! Sounds interesting but I'd like to see it.

edit: nvm, I get the idea. Using 124 slide after the slow EX FB to knock them into it; I'll give this a try later! Certainly sounds pretty awesome. Would like a video though!
Well, that's the thing. I've also tried this and the slide knockdown knocks them too far away to get hit by the EN SFB.I also tried exploring this with 12 B1 and 32 B4.Same results.

Unless...wait I'll try something (going to the lab now) -- (back from the lab) Nope. I tried doing EN slide to whiff the 2 after kicks and launch but by the time you recover, the opponent is grounded. So I still need explanation w/ video if possible.

I dont understand the d3,2,invin lockdown.... First of all the 2 has to hit, if your opponent block it then its -frame (correct me if im wrong). And you cant really hit confirm it, I knew that 2 invin on hit allows for a lock down, but if 2 hits then why not just punish by a full combo with 2 fb 32 etc?

RapZiLLa54

I dont understand the d3,2,invin lockdown.... First of all the 2 has to hit, if your opponent block it then its -frame (correct me if im wrong). And you cant really hit confirm it, I knew that 2 invin on hit allows for a lock down, but if 2 hits then why not just punish by a full combo with 2 fb 32 etc?
Its not a lockdown but it works to get out of pressure. As for why cancelling into fb is because 2 into invisible is safe as opposed to 2 into ball.

Ill try to post a video soon.

GNG Iniquity

Is it corner specific? That's the only way I could see the FB launching from the slide?

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
This is nice... considering you can now condition your opponent with the ending part after the ex ball as dash 321, 32 acid hand to become safe. When you want to blow them up just do the 32b4 or 32slide and bang, they are popped. This is really nice.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
But this is only in the corner.On midscreen the knockback from the slide or the B4 will make it so that the FB doesn't reach.Don't get me wrong btw This is awesome new tech but I'm just clearing stuff out.

RapZiLLa54

But this is only in the corner.On midscreen the knockback from the slide or the B4 will make it so that the FB doesn't reach.Don't get me wrong btw This is awesome new tech but I'm just clearing stuff out.
No its not it can be done anywhere. The only one that is corner specific is the one that ends with 32b4.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
So basically after you do the ex slow ball pressure and dash 321, you either go:

32 acid hand, safe
32 b4, relaunch
32 slide, relaunch
32 throw

Dude this is some sick stuff

Edit: Forget what I said above, it seems like this is the pressure tool for rep because off of 32 you can also mixup with invisible. So for instance since this combo allows for a nice reset on a failed low block, we can assume with 50% certainty that your opponent would like to block low after your 32. This opens up all the options above, and more since:

32 anything above
32 invisible which lead to...
32 invis d3 cross over
32 invis d3 throw
32 invis d4 acid hand
32 invis ex dash into more pressure if all blocked
and more...

My only question now is how to make sure with 100% certainty that after the 321 ex slow ball dash 321 that you cannot be interrupted because if they know you will always do this they may just go for the counter to that pressure tactic.

What stops the pressure of dash 321 after the ex slow ball part?

I found this out 3 weeks ago and I was very late to post about it as you beat me there.. oh well! And yeah this works, but in a fight its unrealistic because it really only works when they near teh corner otherwise you will push them too far back.

RapZiLLa54

I found this out 3 weeks ago and I was very late to post about it as you beat me there.. oh well! And yeah this works, but in a fight its unrealistic because it really only works when they near teh corner otherwise you will push them too far back.
Of course you did.... As always thanks for the back handed compliment but just to prove you wrong. THIS CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE

GNG Iniquity

Nice, thanks for putting the vid up! This won't launch with acid hand will it? It'd be nice if you could make a 50/50 out of this with slide/acid hand. [MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] front page this, yo!

RapZiLLa54

Nice, thanks for putting the vid up! This won't launch with acid hand will it? It'd be nice if you could make a 50/50 out of this with slide/acid hand
Unfortunately acid hand comes out to slow. But if they know about this and now have the fear of blocking low you then do 124 JIP and continue with whatever you want for more pressure.

RapZiLLa54

So basically after you do the ex slow ball pressure and dash 321, you either go:

32 acid hand, safe
32 b4, relaunch
32 slide, relaunch
32 throw

Dude this is some sick stuff

Edit: Forget what I said above, it seems like this is the pressure tool for rep because off of 32 you can also mixup with invisible. So for instance since this combo allows for a nice reset on a failed low block, we can assume with 50% certainty that your opponent would like to block low after your 32. This opens up all the options above, and more since:

32 anything above
32 invisible which lead to...
32 invis d3 cross over
32 invis d3 throw
32 invis d4 acid hand
32 invis ex dash into more pressure if all blocked
and more...

My only question now is how to make sure with 100% certainty that after the 321 ex slow ball dash 321 that you cannot be interrupted because if they know you will always do this they may just go for the counter to that pressure tactic.

What stops the pressure of dash 321 after the ex slow ball part?
You can escape this multiple ways. Jumping out is the easiest if you don't tech roll. Most characters have ridiculous armored moves now so they can do that as well. Then lets not forget that certain teleport characters if they teleport completely makes the ball in active which is retarded. THEY REALLY need to patch this.

As for you doing 321, 32 into anything I don't see that working. As you'll never get the low launchers from that as you'll hit them too soon. 321-124 is the string that gets this perfect from anywhere on the screen.