What's new

New Reptile Mix ups!! (NEW RESET AT THE END)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Whoa, whoa, whoa...I analyzed it. And you know what? As soon as I saw it, I went in and tested with techrolling on to make sure that didn't blow it up.
There is no telling this guy anything. He is always right I didnt analyze it because there was no need to I have tried this before it doesn't work as a reset.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

Muffin, re-read what I said. If you techroll 1221, the double dash will lead to them rolling away, and thus the EX forceball NEVER WILL HIT THEM. At least if you do double dash as fast as I was doing.

Double dashing as fast as possible results in my vid. Double dashing at the slower pace that you were doing results in a techroll into you. So it does work and I stand corrected.

But stuff like at 0:36 does not work because of techroll.
I under stand that lol... but im sayin, that even if they tech roll back, And you throw out the Ex forceball, sure, it wont hit... but you still have a forceball out and enough distance for forceball+attack pressure is what that looks like.. like I said before, heres the quote "Also if they tech rolled, you threw out an Enhanced slow ball anyways, which means they are still getting pressured.. so no flaw techinically.. reset into a mix up.. after tech roll? "

Final thinking: even if they tech roll they still eat forceball pressure unless they can teleport.. Understand? so tech rolling will not get you out of the trouble.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
There is no telling this guy anything. He is always right I didnt analyze it because there was no need to I have tried this before it doesn't work as a reset.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I under stand that lol... but im sayin, that even if they tech roll back, And you throw out the Ex forceball, sure, it wont hit... but you still have a forceball out and enough distance for forceball+attack pressure is what that looks like.. like I said before, heres the quote "Also if they tech rolled, you threw out an Enhanced slow ball anyways, which means they are still getting pressured.. so no flaw techinically.. reset into a mix up.. after tech roll? "

Final thinking: even if they tech roll they still eat forceball pressure unless they can teleport.. Understand? so tech rolling will not get you out of the trouble.
Actually, there's a specific timing where techroll won't do shit but send them right back into you, I learned. Don't double elbow as fast as you can...elbow, slight pause, elbow gets them to roll into you. The timing in your vid is exactly how you get that, actually. So yeah, it is 100% techroll immune.

Actually, there's a specific timing where techroll won't do shit but send them right back into you, I learned. Don't double elbow as fast as you can...elbow, slight pause, elbow gets them to roll into you. The timing in your vid is exactly how you get that, actually. So yeah, it is 100% techroll immune.
Okay, and, so basically, this is still a reset? it sure can act like it.

THTB

It's more along the lines of a meaty setup, since the escape option is wakeup attack obviously and it doesn't guarantee scaling reset or a standing reset, but with the knowledge that EX forceballs are actually advantage on block, that makes the whole thing even better in the long run.

It's good shit, either way. Good oki options.

It's more along the lines of a meaty setup, since the escape option is wakeup attack obviously and it doesn't guarantee scaling reset or a standing reset, but with the knowledge that EX forceballs are actually advantage on block, that makes the whole thing even better in the long run.

It's good shit, either way. Good oki options.
Wanna Try a king of the hill? i'll pull the mix ups online.

These arent real resets, they are just mix ups and pressure strings. Well the weird thing is about the "reset". You said it only works with low block, why would your opponent (real player) block low after that combo against reptile anyway? 90% of the time, you shouldnt block low against reptile at all if you are a decent player. And Im not sure about 1221 ending in the corner, you lose that corner position, sure you can get that fb out which is nice. But if someone is in the corner, theres a chance to read the wake up and do another ~45% or keep pressuring in the corner and read with NJP for jump out.

End with EX slide not sure is a good idea either, you lose 1 meter and if your opponent roll you dont get that dash mix up, but the good thing is when your opponent tech roll and you dash you are in your opponent's face but theres no advantage. Not sure if that worth 1 meter.

And I have to agree with Reptile_8417 on this one, nothing here is actually new; we have been all using these mix ups with different variations.

I don't know, I mean, some of this is cool and definitely has its use but its almost like you're complicating the issue here and using a lot of meter in the process. The "reset" may be worth it but you can almost achieve the same type of pressure and mix-up leve with some of the other stuffl by ending your combos at different times in the 321 string and either dashing/throwing out FBs or EX FBs. Doesn't a lot of this stuff get blown up by wakeups anyways? I mean, the ex-slide to dash thing is cool but apart from that most of it is so similar to existing things that it's like...whats the point of burning this meter. Id rather have it for breaker. But yeah, some good stuff I just wouldn't use a lot of it personally unless I have A LOT of meter to burn. But I will check this stuff out in actual matches and see what works for me, so thank you very much for the video.

THTB

The very last tech actually can be done with a standard meterless corner combo and only using meter for the EX forceball. It's practical enough to use it.

I don't know, I mean, some of this is cool and definitely has its use but its almost like you're complicating the issue here and using a lot of meter in the process. The "reset" may be worth it but you can almost achieve the same type of pressure and mix-up leve with some of the other stuffl by ending your combos at different times in the 321 string and either dashing/throwing out FBs or EX FBs. Doesn't a lot of this stuff get blown up by wakeups anyways? I mean, the ex-slide to dash thing is cool but apart from that most of it is so similar to existing things that it's like...whats the point of burning this meter. Id rather have it for breaker. But yeah, some good stuff I just wouldn't use a lot of it personally unless I have A LOT of meter to burn. But I will check this stuff out in actual matches and see what works for me, so thank you very much for the video.
I've just used this against THTB and a lot of othe good players, all of the mix ups worked splended.. including the "reset."

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I tested the advantage of uncharged ex force ball (slow and fast) on block. Turns out you're actually at advantage but only about +1 or +2. I wasn't able to test out your particular reset cuz it was too hard, but if we were to assume you did ex force ball into your "reset" exactly the way you showed at 2:22, then your opponent should have enough time and space to anti-air if you do a jip.
How do you test things and find out the exact + or - advantage?

Its not about that, I would still just like to know how do you go in practice mode and find out numbers like +1 or -3 on block?
I would like to know
The number I posted was an approximation. All I did was test whether it gave advantage and gave an estimate as to how much advantage it was. I've done lots of advantage testing and I can say with confidence that uncharged ex forceball is +1 or +2.

What I did was do the string, normal or special that I wanted to do on stand blocking AI. As soon as it does chip damage, I pause and change the AI to neutral crouch. I crouch as soon as I unpause and whoever crouches first is the one with advantage.

Its not about that, I would still just like to know how do you go in practice mode and find out numbers like +1 or -3 on block?
I would like to know
Basically a person would set the al to Jump or crouch. Set the camera to 60 fps (because the game is 60 fps). Then slow down to each frame and count to see which character ducks/jump first and how many frames differences between the characters.