What's new

New Reptile Invisiblity Pressure/combo.

Although the combo might be new, If it is then I could Say I made this up. although I bet a lot of you might not know it, its a great combo to use because its a 44% combo while going invisible into it mid combo, and ending it in a force ball, which means if they block you can chip and hit a 50% mix up, which is beautiful. Another awesome thing I discovered (this can be poked out, by rains D1, Scorpions D1, noobs D1(update) Barakas D1(update), Kung laos spin, Kano cannon Ball) Is if they are on block 32 Invisiblity + 321 is GREAT on block, a lot of people while try to unblock and try to hit yoyu and they will take a hit. as for the people who can poke you out, only do this when you have an enhanced slow ball behind you, it will act like a security blanket. You will understand More in the video.
44% 2 bar invisiblity mid combo: JIP 321 reppy dash NJP 32 enhanced reptillian hand, EH Fast forceball, Slow forceball, invisiblity 321 slow ball.(insert pressure here.) THIS COMBO IS TWO BARS, NOT 3.
Block stringing/security Blanket: 32 invisiblity (or enhanced) 321. or repeat 32 invisbility a bunch of times. I do this randomly, and it will stumble my opponent many times. Security blanket form: EH slow forceball, dash jip 32 invis 321

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hello

.....hmmm

Invis regular in combos in GENERAL = waste ..that's my opinion. even an oki Regular FB,after will be VERY diminished due to gravity. hence it's easily escapable by a LOT of options from every character.
let alone this fact, that these combos requires 3 meters.....then ofcourse, it's really...a waste. even if it's 2 meters (sacrificing EX FB oki at the end, and/or EX INvis in the middle), 2 meters in one juggle for setup purpose is REALLY not good. also, the setup afterwards is EASILY escapable due to the diminished gravity.
tech. wise, this is completely not REWARDING and as well wasteful/useless in high level play....even if u did it just ONCE! ur only chance is, ur opponent going to die in the middle or at the end of such combo, without having a breaker as well.

So my opinion about the combos, to be honest....really not useful at all, muffin.

THOUGH! the string (ON BLOCK ONLY PLEASE), to chain cancel with Invis/EX invis....i think this is very nice idea. I though of it before, apparently never used it. i went to practice right now, and it feels like the same time of recovering from a regular 3,2/ or just 3...instead ur adding a frame trap of Invis ,whether Dash, Another string depending on normals priority, EX slide on patch, cr+3~ EX dash frame trap...etc.

i think this is not bad at all...will put it in practice...lets see what it will do in high level Play. it does feels smooth to be honest.

PS: EX invis in a middle of a juggle has only ONE good purpose...that if u want to waste meters to end.
EX invis can be used in a middle of a corner juggle, with the use of 3 meters...dealing 60% in total
Also, doesnt require Pre FB to hit...the combo starts with either 1,2,2 or 3,2,1.....other than that, invis/EX Invis for combos are for pure show off/capabilities/ and technicality wise.

good stuff

hello

.....hmmm

Invis regular in combos in GENERAL = waste ..that's my opinion. even an oki Regular FB,after will be VERY diminished due to gravity. hence it's easily escapable by a LOT of options from every character.
let alone this fact, that these combos requires 3 meters.....then ofcourse, it's really...a waste. even if it's 2 meters (sacrificing EX FB oki at the end, and/or EX INvis in the middle), 2 meters in one juggle for setup purpose is REALLY not good. also, the setup afterwards is EASILY escapable due to the diminished gravity.
tech. wise, this is completely not REWARDING and as well wasteful/useless in high level play....even if u did it just ONCE! ur only chance is, ur opponent going to die in the middle or at the end of such combo, without having a breaker as well.

So my opinion about the combos, to be honest....really not useful at all, muffin.

THOUGH! the string (ON BLOCK ONLY PLEASE), to chain cancel with Invis/EX invis....i think this is very nice idea. I though of it before, apparently never used it. i went to practice right now, and it feels like the same time of recovering from a regular 3,2/ or just 3...instead ur adding a frame trap of Invis ,whether Dash, Another string depending on normals priority, EX slide on patch, cr+3~ EX dash frame trap...etc.

i think this is not bad at all...will put it in practice...lets see what it will do in high level Play. it does feels smooth to be honest.

PS: EX invis in a middle of a juggle has only ONE good purpose...that if u want to waste meters to end.
EX invis can be used in a middle of a corner juggle, with the use of 3 meters...dealing 60% in total
Also, doesnt require Pre FB to hit...the combo starts with either 1,2,2 or 3,2,1.....other than that, invis/EX Invis for combos are for pure show off/capabilities/ and technicality wise.

good stuff
Its a regular invis! so its a two bar combo haha. And it really wouldnt be conisdered a waste then, getting a total of 50% possible damage (added with chip) is good for reptile. And yes, the 32 Invis 321 on block is great, you get 3/4th's of a meter on it, and usually if you pull it out on people, they don't expect it. The regular invis in the middle of a combo is to add pressure, and it actually works, It worked VERY nice on the high level play. I use it all the time now :D As a matter of fact, check this video of me playing, it includes the Block string being done in a game. Skip to 5:55, I block string, and he falls for it and I punish him with a 45%.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
nah muffin dont think of it that way.

first of, i think u think Invis regular is used to confuse opponent due to the stealth? to be hoenst...this is EYE dependable. some people see it, get used to it, and some dont. so really, the chances of INVIS confusing opponent is kind of slim! the only reason it will confuse opponent is that, opponent not well fond with the reptile match up.
as for the damage from 2 meters....to be honest muffin, really not rewarding. 2 meters for 41%? 2 meters i can do 45% if not even more. not only that. 2 meters will allow me to do a soft pressure (NOT AN OKIZEME), with only Regular FB....that if i wanted to save the third meter.
both case, this is a really huge waste of meter man! i know reptile is very rewarding with meter....but that doesnt mean , meter managment = everything! a lot of matches, u ARE required to save meter no matter wut, not for oki/anti wake up, not for pressure....but for escapes and punish (example, slide under sektors missles, or having an xray to make him fear the turtling process...etc)

Secondly, the reaons why EX invis is GOOD! for mix up...is that, it rather has an upper hand of guessing game. the idea that, U ONLY know where u are, give reptile upper hand as well as very rewarding on hit connect , due to the damage out put increase.
for instant, the basic reaction someone will do with invis (opponent) is RUSH...or the other way around, were REPTILE RUSH instead....though, the possibilities of baiting game and confusion just got better. compared to regular invis, regular invis is really nothing at all but fun and show off! nothing else.

Third and last. yes, the string chain into invis is actually very smooth. it's exactly as doin a regular string frame trap (examples; 1 Pause 1 pause, 3,2,1 string) (or cr+3, 3,2,1 series string), or(simply 3,2,1's into 3,2,1 series...whether 3,2, or just 3....etc)
the great part about this invis , is that it shorten the recovery. instead of waiting for couple of frames to re excute another string, simply chain the move invis. so it does work for a good frame trap!

so ya, invis for block string is really REALLY awsm

PS: dont mean to be rude, but in general...the frame traps of strings is escapable. so adding invis or not, it's the exact same! dont think of it as a GUARANTEED THING everytime...it's really easily punishable, though, it's all about momentum and good prediction....this is pretty much depends on understanding reptile matchup and opponent sequence....it's the same like Jax's frame traps, or cyrax 2,1 frames traps, or sub frame traps....etc
also, dont depend on online so much by the way....really online is COMPLETELY hindered in every aspect!

the reason why invis will be GOOD on block string, is because chaining an invis after 1,2,2~ invis. or after 3,2,1~ invis; then IT DOES have a significant faster frame recovery. both wont have the long stun effect. though, acid hands also can be VERY advantageous due to the low, Med mix up.

so in general, it's sweet to use due to building meter, and if someone not aware that invis can have the same recovery as string chains, then u can bait them easier.

good stuff anyways, keep it up

nah muffin dont think of it that way.

first of, i think u think Invis regular is used to confuse opponent due to the stealth? to be hoenst...this is EYE dependable. some people see it, get used to it, and some dont. so really, the chances of INVIS confusing opponent is kind of slim! the only reason it will confuse opponent is that, opponent not well fond with the reptile match up.
as for the damage from 2 meters....to be honest muffin, really not rewarding. 2 meters for 41%? 2 meters i can do 45% if not even more. not only that. 2 meters will allow me to do a soft pressure (NOT AN OKIZEME), with only Regular FB....that if i wanted to save the third meter.
I see, But I guess your right with the regular invis thing, but it still throws people off, I think hehe
both case, this is a really huge waste of meter man! i know reptile is very rewarding with meter....but that doesnt mean , meter managment = everything! a lot of matches, u ARE required to save meter no matter wut, not for oki/anti wake up, not for pressure....but for escapes and punish (example, slide under sektors missles, or having an xray to make him fear the turtling process...etc)

Secondly, the reaons why EX invis is GOOD! for mix up...is that, it rather has an upper hand of guessing game. the idea that, U ONLY know where u are, give reptile upper hand as well as very rewarding on hit connect , due to the damage out put increase.
for instant, the basic reaction someone will do with invis (opponent) is RUSH...or the other way around, were REPTILE RUSH instead....though, the possibilities of baiting game and confusion just got better. compared to regular invis, regular invis is really nothing at all but fun and show off! nothing else.

Third and last. yes, the string chain into invis is actually very smooth. it's exactly as doin a regular string frame trap (examples; 1 Pause 1 pause, 3,2,1 string) (or cr+3, 3,2,1 series string), or(simply 3,2,1's into 3,2,1 series...whether 3,2, or just 3....etc)
the great part about this invis , is that it shorten the recovery. instead of waiting for couple of frames to re excute another string, simply chain the move invis. so it does work for a good frame trap!

so ya, invis for block string is really REALLY awsm

PS: dont mean to be rude, but in general...the frame traps of strings is escapable. so adding invis or not, it's the exact same! dont think of it as a GUARANTEED THING everytime...it's really easily punishable, though, it's all about momentum and good prediction....this is pretty much depends on understanding reptile matchup and opponent sequence....it's the same like Jax's frame traps, or cyrax 2,1 frames traps, or sub frame traps....etc
also, dont depend on online so much by the way....really online is COMPLETELY hindered in every aspect!

the reason why invis will be GOOD on block string, is because chaining an invis after 1,2,2~ invis. or after 3,2,1~ invis; then IT DOES have a significant faster frame recovery. both wont have the long stun effect. though, acid hands also can be VERY advantageous due to the low, Med mix up.

so in general, it's sweet to use due to building meter, and if someone not aware that invis can have the same recovery as string chains, then u can bait them easier.

good stuff anyways, keep it up
I guess, but the regular invis will atleast mess them up just a little bit. but hey, we all have our different combos, that combo just happens to be what's working for me

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Muffin, i am replying to tell you THANK YOU.

A tech i've been looking for , for a LOOONG time for rep. finally, after a while, this shows up. I want to tell u that i am using this heavily Inside and outside the bracket of either strings or combos! ex Invis or even regular invis now has a purpose for my arsenal...hands down

thanks again for such discovery.

two discoveries that i am currently using heavy actually....reptile is like a whole book of techniques, u just had to glue them together:

1- the EX invis finisher into Dash to the other side to reverse Wake up motions....it DOES miss with people BRAINS! amazing baiter, amazing pressure, and a great mix up in general
2- the second is this block string into Invis. very solid indeed.

thanks again

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I've always been saying invisibilty is underrated. Against some characters it is a pretty good mind game but it is also somewhat dependent on how your opponent plays. I'm not a top player but if anyone has seen me play, I almost always end strings in invis and mix it up from there. However I have not used invis mid-string too often but I am working on incorporating that in my game. Also muffinmuggers I accepted the friend request but I can't play until I go home

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I don't think the invis takes any recovery frames away from the 32 string. I'm pretty sure any character can just d+1 at the least once they see the invis. This will work good online though. If you manage to get that pressure with a force ball behind you it would be a totally different story. You can even just repeat 321 321 321 321 and if you sniff out a jump you can njp into a full juggle.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Btw you can get 51% with 1 bar, sure your combo is cool for pressure but I wouldn't waste 2 bars for just 41%.

I don't think the invis takes any recovery frames away from the 32 string. I'm pretty sure any character can just d+1 at the least once they see the invis. This will work good online though. If you manage to get that pressure with a force ball behind you it would be a totally different story. You can even just repeat 321 321 321 321 and if you sniff out a jump you can njp into a full juggle.
Very Few characters can D1 this. As well as very few characters can D3 this. Rain scorpion etc can D1 this. The thing is, using this string wisely and mixing it with a 32 invis 122, will definitly work. Its a hassle to block all of it.

Muffin, i am replying to tell you THANK YOU.

A tech i've been looking for , for a LOOONG time for rep. finally, after a while, this shows up. I want to tell u that i am using this heavily Inside and outside the bracket of either strings or combos! ex Invis or even regular invis now has a purpose for my arsenal...hands down

thanks again for such discovery.

two discoveries that i am currently using heavy actually....reptile is like a whole book of techniques, u just had to glue them together:

1- the EX invis finisher into Dash to the other side to reverse Wake up motions....it DOES miss with people BRAINS! amazing baiter, amazing pressure, and a great mix up in general
2- the second is this block string into Invis. very solid indeed.

thanks again
your definitly welcome. I wish you had xbox, Because Im still working out on discovering things for reptile, as well as a 63% Corner combo I just discovered with him, and even pressure out of a corner, believe it or not. Ill work on getting videos/ Posts out of these as well.

Btw you can get 51% with 1 bar, sure your combo is cool for pressure but I wouldn't waste 2 bars for just 41%.
I'd personally rather just keep adding pressure, because if you give them pressure and you can break the block to another combo, you can add continuous pressure, but cool.

I've always been saying invisibilty is underrated. Against some characters it is a pretty good mind game but it is also somewhat dependent on how your opponent plays. I'm not a top player but if anyone has seen me play, I almost always end strings in invis and mix it up from there. However I have not used invis mid-string too often but I am working on incorporating that in my game. Also muffinmuggers I accepted the friend request but I can't play until I go home
Ohh, Okay, I was wondering why you'd never join my parties, lol. And alright, and hey, I think i want to get on in in that Mortal Mondays. How could I get in? I have a GREAT match up we can do. My friend xxxsubzero7, has a very impressive great subzero and our Reptile Vs Subzero fights are really something to watch, and I would also like to exploit the Reptile vs subzero match up a bit or reptile, showing people a thing or two.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Ohh, Okay, I was wondering why you'd never join my parties, lol. And alright, and hey, I think i want to get on in in that Mortal Mondays. How could I get in?
I'll put you on the list. You should go to the Mortal Mondays forum and read about the rules and stuff. We'll basically contact you whenever we have a match for you. Thanks for wanting to particiapte.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
your definitly welcome. I wish you had xbox, Because Im still working out on discovering things for reptile, as well as a 63% Corner combo I just discovered with him, and even pressure out of a corner, believe it or not. Ill work on getting videos/ Posts out of these as well.
nice, if you need help editing this video to make it look good, send me the videos and i will do it for you. as well as, why dont i give you couple of stuff that people never seen before and you add it to your videos?

also, is the corner combo >> Any Target Combo into EX acid hands, EX invis, into 3,2,1? :) or somehting else?

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hey Magee. how u doin man?
Who said it does? it's exactly as doin a single 3, or 3,2, or even standing 1.....it's a simple frame trap.
the beauty of it is that is EATS the recovery form 3,2,1 AND 1,2,2! not just regular 3,2. if done after 3/ or 3,2/ or 1 , it has the same effect as if your pausing....so yes, it's a GREAT frame trap

Matter of fact, imagine u did EX invis and your still either staggering with block string or that it hits....more damage and more hidden games...simply pure tactic and pressure

also, anyone can d+1 or d+3 (YES)...but that to EVERY frame trap in the game (except so few, and most of them are Street fighter and other games examples...those also involve normal, NOT Armor mitigation , example: Kabal EX dash, kenshi RK or SC....etc)
so, doin a block string is interruptable....doin this is ALSO interruptable :S...it's ABC fighting game.
keeping everything safe every time will make you Routene character. By means, Predicted on the long run. Frame traps Makes players un predictable at points...so you have the option, why not use the chance?

again, same exactly as a simple paused block string of either 3,2/ 3/ or 1 :)

about the Setup after FB oki for pressure...YES!! this is the main reason why i started using invis in block strings!! adding invis to such pressure is simply amazing
for example: lets say the opponent is completely SCARED to do anything and is just blocking after Oki SFB. you can chain the following.
-Dash to get close ...cr+3 for OTG input into 3,2,1 ...3,2~ ex invis or regular . 3,2,1~ acid hands
like to much! imagine adding cross over for confusion or any of the desired attacks (EG NJP counter, EX dash, Bait block...etc)

Cossner:

correct, i agree with this....though forget bout this part. this is for show off. the basic idea is the block string into invis, or Invis as a finisher after 3,2 to dash under after with elbow dash!! causing an effect of side change...hence opponent will have to reverse motion wake up attacks to hit reptile.

those are the main points of this lesson

nice, if you need help editing this video to make it look good, send me the videos and i will do it for you. as well as, why dont i give you couple of stuff that people never seen before and you add it to your videos?

also, is the corner combo >> Any Target Combo into EX acid hands, EX invis, into 3,2,1? :) or somehting else?
Sure teef, just send me what they are in Private messages, and I can as well as send you my new things.

Scoot Magee

In my experience 3,2 alone really isn't that good and pretty easy to see if it stopped early. If a force ball is behind you then yeah you can pretty much do whatever you want but otherwise it doesn't work very well against players that can react. I understand what you're saying, I used to use invis to cancel strings early (talked about it a bit on here), mainly 321 but it turned out to be gimmicky. Once people seen my character go into that animation they could poke or fast special out on reaction. Online that same tactic worked wonders because of input lag.

Like I said before, this works great with a slow ball traveling behind you as mentioned by the creator of the thread. You can pretty much pressure however you want as long as that's the case. I wouldn't use that trick without a ball behind me though.

In my experience 3,2 alone really isn't that good and pretty easy to see if it stopped early. If a force ball is behind you then yeah you can pretty much do whatever you want but otherwise it doesn't work very well against players that can react. I understand what you're saying, I used to use invis to cancel strings early (talked about it a bit on here), mainly 321 but it turned out to be gimmicky. Once people seen my character go into that animation they could poke or fast special out on reaction. Online that same tactic worked wonders because of input lag.

Like I said before, this works great with a slow ball traveling behind you as mentioned by the creator of the thread. You can pretty much pressure however you want as long as that's the case. I wouldn't use that trick without a ball behind me though.
I highly disagree. Pull this string out ball blazing a lot and it messes with just about everyone, I've tested this, I think you should try this in a match. Watch what wonders will open up... as a matter of fact, this is an Example of what this can do to someone when they don't see it coming, and this is just one of many of my examples in the video.
skip to 5:55.

Scoot Magee

I highly disagree. Pull this string out ball blazing a lot and it messes with just about everyone, I've tested this, I think you should try this in a match. Watch what wonders will open up... as a matter of fact, this is an Example of what this can do to someone when they don't see it coming, and this is just one of many of my examples in the video.
skip to 5:55.
This is online right? Theres lag so that stuff works a lot better than it would offline. You can react to the 32 and just d+1 or fast special. It's slower and a lot easier to see than other moves.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Yes Magee...It's a Frame trap ....

it's like Kung 1,2,2. or scorpion's 1's or 1,1 . Or like NW f+3,1,2 . or like kenshi f+2,2,b+2 ~ SC/rk....and so on/etc

Instead of doin a 3,2 ~ PAUSE into wutever other Block string mix up...or somehting like 1~ Pause, into 3,2 .....etc
you can use this as well! this block string into Invis makes the following safer due to recovery cancel (1,2,2 and 3,2,1) "full animation", whether also EX or regular invis.

it's a good tool...no one said it's Guaranteed :)

This is online right? Theres lag so that stuff works a lot better than it would offline. You can react to the 32 and just d+1 or fast special. It's slower and a lot easier to see than other moves.
I don't think your understanding the pressure part, so I wont waste my time convicining you. Once its pulled on you one day, you'll understand.

Scoot Magee

I understand 100%, I know how it works. I know it's pressure and people freeze up but I just think ending with 32 is a lot more risky then other options he has. That's all, not trying to dismiss your shit.

I think stuff like 1 pause 321 and 3 pause 321 is great. I use it all the time but I've tried the 32 option before and have had my pressure string stopped crazy amounts of times but I've had a lot of success with the other strings. I'm just stating from my experience.

Edit

Teef so invis reduces recovery on 32? I didn't know that. I stated earlier that I didn't think it did but nobody said anything about it. I'll try out some stuff with it next time I play. Sorry for driving you guys crazy.

Late edit
This shit will get you killed against anyone good offline but not online.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I understand 100%, I know how it works. I know it's pressure and people freeze up but I just think ending with 32 is a lot more risky then other options he has. That's all, not trying to dismiss your shit.

I think stuff like 1 pause 321 and 3 pause 321 is great. I use it all the time but I've tried the 32 option before and have had my pressure string stopped crazy amounts of times but I've had a lot of success with the other strings. I'm just stating from my experience.

Edit

Teef so invis reduces recovery on 32? I didn't know that. I stated earlier that I didn't think it did but nobody said anything about it. I'll try out some stuff with it next time I play. Sorry for driving you guys crazy.

Pretty much, though the recovery time feels the same like if your pausing after 3,2 (3 follow up 2 only).

though! the good part about this that it does two effects:

-First effect is the, WTF did he go (ex invis for example). so against people who are not aware of this tactic, mashing a button quickly will result in reptile FRAME traping with his follow up string (wish there was a counter hit system lol). like any pause , fake/ frame trap mix ups....invis can be used for frame traps. unlike others, for example lui or kung...all they have to do is poke, and then PAUSE. they depend on the recovery of the move. reptile can cancel into the Invis giving the exact same effect if not even faster by like a frame or something.
so pausing in strings sequence, or finishing them with invis to give the same pause frame trap effect, are the same

-secondly, 3,2,1 (full sequence of the three button) if invis used after the last hit (1) ~ into invis. then FOR SURE the recovery time is noticeable . right :)?
this will actually give reptile a good amount of time to either bait specials or frame trap afterwards. it's usefull, though risky ofcourse. but that's the part of mind games. you cant stay in one routene by the way, correct?

other way is after 1,2,2 ofcourse. if you noticed, after the 1,2,2 if reptile didnt chain anything, he will be stunned with a stagger recovery animation. so adding extra mic up for the sake of frame traps with invis, then....hey it's a third option beside either slide or acid hands.

simply, it's an idea to keep the pressure flowing. i used to use 1 's into 3,2's and pauses to Bait moves or frame trap with pressure.or even 3,2,1 or just 3 into another seires of 3,2,1. and i think EVERY player and every character has one of those, as WELL as a must use! you cannot keep everything safe everytime... one of the opponents flows when playin fighting games is, Being predictable...that's what you dont want to be

dont u agree :)?

a really nice frame trap. and as well as reptile is one of the few who can use a Special move for the sake of frame trap. and imagine if it did work especially if u had a meter to spare for ex Invis. more damage, more mix ups, and the fact that ur terrorizing opponent with a hidden mind games.....

thats it :)

ps: by the way, nice VSM :) . i should look into gettin sponsored or something lol(though i will have to fuck life and start hitting the road WAY harder lol)....or atleast put my clan tag man >_> lol

take care man and thnx for the chat