What's new

New Quan Chi Tech

Falkun Kick

Necromancer
Hello, this is my first post but I haven't seen this on the forums anywhere. For all I know this could be common knowledge lol.

Anyway, I discovered that you can D4 into a mid ex rune (or regular rune for that matter) and the rune will always hit as long as the D4 hits, blocked or not. From there you can move into mixups or more rune traps. This is similar to Reptiles D4 into acid hand, except it's UNBLOCKABLE. Well I really hope nobody knows about this and I don't sound stupid!

This has many uses, use it after blocked 11 or blocked b3, 1+2 to continue pressure. After the D4 rune if you jip, the opponent cannot do anything, if they try to jump you will catch them in the air with your punch. I find this tech VERY useful for pressure. You can also use regular rune after D4 to just create some space between you and your opponent.

LEGEND

YES!
hope you're right, i think i messed with that a while ago and it only worked on hit

EDIT: maybe it depends on the range at which you D4

Enenra

Go to hell.
Contribute instead of just backseat modding.

this is very useful vs rushdown characters to create space,d4 to rune is also very unexpected,i'm not a great Quan but i'd say this is a nice find!
He is new, so I tried to help him out. Get off my "backseat." If it was someone with a few posts under them I wouldn't have said anything, but I'll give this guy some advice.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hmm. Interesting, I've been using D4 EX rune for a while now to create space but I wasn't aware that norm rune will hit. Nice find! Makes sense though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He is new, so I tried to help him out. Get off my "backseat." If it was someone with a few posts under them I wouldn't have said anything, but I'll give this guy some advice.
It's not that you helped him,i really don't have anything against that,it's just that you didn't add anything on the subject.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Spaced right, this is unpunishable with regular rune, too.

No wonder his d4 is stubby lmfao.

GNG Iniquity

Spaced right, this is unpunishable with regular rune, too.

No wonder his d4 is stubby lmfao.
Doesn't really fix his nightmare MUs with JC and Kung Lao...Kung Lao is a mother bitch. God damn pressure machine.

GNG Iniquity

I guess al you could really do is d3,d4 a lot, uppercut a lot and try to keep him at as much of a distance as possible.
Problem is, you cannot approach him. Quan's fastest normals are d3 and uppercut at 7 frames, Kung Lao's spin which is a launcher, is 6 frames. It's not like you can effectively keep him away with the dive kick and teleport anyways. Just brutal.

Falkun Kick

Necromancer
Problem is, you cannot approach him. Quan's fastest normals are d3 and uppercut at 7 frames, Kung Lao's spin which is a launcher, is 6 frames. It's not like you can effectively keep him away with the dive kick and teleport anyways. Just brutal.
Well you can uppercut him out of his teleport, if you teach your opponent that they can't teleport against you, then you can just work on aa punches, trances, and b2, 1s.

GNG Iniquity

Well you can uppercut him out of his teleport, if you teach your opponent that they can't teleport against you, then you can just work on aa punches, trances, and b2, 1s.
I mean, I'm not saying it's impossible but it's just about. KL actually got better with 'nerfs', he has two safe mids now and people are actually exploring his ridiculous chip/meter building potential. KL when played the proper way, not the vanilla spin spin spin way, is a top 5 imo.

Falkun Kick

Necromancer
I mean, I'm not saying it's impossible but it's just about. KL actually got better with 'nerfs', he has two safe mids now and people are actually exploring his ridiculous chip/meter building potential. KL when played the proper way, not the vanilla spin spin spin way, is a top 5 imo.
He's definitely tough for Quan, but I don't really think any characters are definitively better than others; some are just explored more, Quan Chi is severely under developed.

GNG Iniquity

He's definitely tough for Quan, but I don't really think any characters are definitively better than others; some are just explored more, Quan Chi is severely under developed.
He is and that's honestly why I play him, in hopes of discovering something that helps him, I just hope somebody finds something significant soon lol

Falkun Kick

Necromancer
He is and that's honestly why I play him, in hopes of discovering something that helps him, I just hope somebody finds something significant soon lol
I've been trying, I thought this was pretty significant =P I think his d1 needs to be looked into, it just seems like it might have some weird properties haha

LEGEND

YES!
I've been trying, I thought this was pretty significant =P I think his d1 needs to be looked into, it just seems like it might have some weird properties haha
i was just in training mode and it looks to be close to even on hit, unlike Liu Kang having a slow D1 has no Frame bonus on hit

if time right i was able to anti air some people with it and link into trance, 1 or B1 are still probably better though. I'll keep looking for a use

Falkun Kick

Necromancer
i was just in training mode and it looks to be close to even on hit, unlike Liu Kang having a slow D1 has no Frame bonus on hit

if time right i was able to anti air some people with it and link into trance, 1 or B1 are still probably better though. I'll keep looking for a use
It just has a really strange motion, like it's not just a jab. Maybe I'm just being hopeful lol

anyone else think ex skull is hidding somethin?
Well on hit it staggers the opponent enough to jip into pressure. But I know what you mean, I was trying to work it into combos earlier.