What's new

New PS4 Mad Catz Fight Pad

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
looks like it's a smaller xtekken floating dpad (favorite for NRS). looks good, will check local gamestop.

edit: when released..

Last edited:

7L

Heads up!
My 3 I ordered just shipped today. I got to try it out at NEC and I was in love, I'm excited to get a hold of this

C-Sword

Noob
People's impressions are quite negative so far, they're having troubles adjusting to the dpad, they often found themselves crouching when they simply pressed forward

Redux

Ex Phase
People's impressions are quite negative so far, they're having troubles adjusting to the dpad, they often found themselves crouching when they simply pressed forward
source? I'm interested in getting one so I wanna read up on the pad as much as I can

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Really,is there a link so we can see the complaints?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
damn. thanks for the info. either ps4 pad or stick for me I guess.

Can't say anything about their pads but if they're half as good as their sticks it's worth the money. I've got like 4 mcz sticks and they're all awesome(although that's just Sanwa quality) only stick that I've played that comes close is my friends hori rap with the hayabusa.

C-Sword

Noob
Another review from a SRK member

I expect some awkwardness when using a new controllers but this was ridiculous. I was playing a few games of third strike the other day with the new Mad Catz pad and I simply could not get a super to come out because I was ending in down-forward instead of forward when doing quarter circle motions. So then I switched to the Hori pad and I was able to get a super about 50% of the time, the last time I used it was a few months ago for a half an hour. I can definitely see myself getting used to the Hori over a few days but I can't see myself using the new Mad Catz pad again. The analog stick often gets in the way and makes it more uncomfortable to use. As far as actually using the analog stick, if I have to do that then I may as well learn to play on stick since it will feel just as different.

I'm not even a Hori fanboy, I play a lot better with the SFxT pad and it's frustrating for me to try to use the Hori. So unfortunately it looks like it's adapt or die for fightpad users.

7L

Heads up!
Yeah i'm having issues with the d pad at the moment. alot of quarter circle moves feel like they arent coming out because of it. in training mode im getting alot of down > downright > up right motions, and alot of times i'm missing the down in general. this will take some adjusting. I mean it feels great, just the concave model of the d pad is a little odd

what i've been finding is that you need to keep your thumb directly in the center, if you have the tip of your thumb toward the edge I end up getting the odd inputs

another edit. if you want to go like straight back and forth though, like walk back then forward, i never end up croutching or jumping, its really precise

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
:/

I was contemplating getting both this and the new Hori FC pad, but these negative reviews definitely pushed me away from my preorder and I ended up ordering the Hori flat out, which works for me since it's available now and I won't have to wait until after SFV releases to get it.

I gotta put that gift card I got to good use lmao. Hori FC looks like the better choice, unfortunately. Hopefully it pans out well for you guys that received it.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
The D pad looks awful...I can see why people say they get a different input while holding forward. The thing is just flat...

Redux

Ex Phase
How is this version of the Fighting Commander different from the Hori Fighting Commander 4?
well for one it's newer, as it was released last dec. They took away the options to rotate the dpad and change how your inputs are registered as it had a switch in the back for that. Dpad is supposed to be better and it has a switch to work for ps4,ps3 and pc. you can get it for $30 plus shipping on playasia.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I feel left out since XBone ain't getting no love in the controller department. I would like a dedicated fight pad.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@PrimBloodGhost I'd suggest purchasing the Hori Fighting Commander, and buying a Brook converter that converts PS3/PS4 to XB1.

Fighting Commander: http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3/13/709efx

PS3/PS4-To-XB1 Converter: http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/03946072/

I HIGHLY recommend the Fighting Commander to anyone, btw. @C-Sword isn't kidding when he says it's the solution. Mine came in the mail today, and lemme just say...this is the absolute best fucking fightpad I've used. Bar none. Everything I do is super-dee-duper crisp on the d-pad, the toggle to allow the right shoulder buttons be L1/L2 is a GODSEND, 6 face buttons is BAE, buttons for the triggers, aaaaaaand the only thing you're missing out is the touchpad (which would be an issue with MKX if the delayed pause feature didn't allow you to double tap Options to reset). There's no analog getting in the way. And at tournament, no worries about syncing.

The pad is phenomenal. Get yourself one (XB1 players, get the Brook converter too!), and have fucking fun. This shit is the truth. Hori needs to release this stateside. I don't overhype good shit like this, so do trust my word on it. Get one. Now. Why the fuck you still reading this shit?????? GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MKX was made pretty much around the type of dpad on a PS4 or Ps3 controller, besides being a 4 buttom fighter you dont need the other 2 on the front. When it comes to MKX Hitbox>DS>Fightstick>this or the weird xbox pads.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
MKX was made pretty much around the type of dpad on a PS4 or Ps3 controller, besides being a 4 buttom fighter you dont need the other 2 on the front. When it comes to MKX Hitbox>DS>Fightstick>this or the weird xbox pads.
I purchased the Hori, PDP, and I have DS4. PDP pad is complete garbage. So I then picked up the Hori FC4. Compared to the DS4, it's responds much better. I can pull off instant air better on the Hori than I can with the DS4. But I can play with both.

I will be picking up the New Hori fightpad as well. Thanks for the write up guys. I love Hori products.