What's new

New Power Rangers fighting game

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Looks way too similar to the mobile game. For a console release, I'd expect much better. Like have NRS make a PR game... I'd want those style graphics.

Love PR tho, so, I'll probably end up getting it. lmao

KCJ506

Noob
I'll probably get it for shits and giggles.

Though it's gonna be hard for any PR fighting game to top Fighting Edition.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
it looks like they used stop motion on power ranger toys or something

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Looks way too similar to the mobile game. For a console release, I'd expect much better. Like have NRS make a PR game... I'd want those style graphics.

Love PR tho, so, I'll probably end up getting it. lmao
Yeah, the graphics are really horrid and look like they just re-used assets from the mobile game. I'm guessing they will upgrade the graphics, but it doesn't seem like it'll be worth playing on release.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yeah, the graphics are really horrid and look like they just re-used assets from the mobile game. I'm guessing they will upgrade the graphics, but it doesn't seem like it'll be worth playing on release.
It's really a shame, cause power rangers is such a cool fucking franchise and you could have all kinds of rangers and monsters as fighters. It's also a way to make old characters cool to new fans and give not liked characters cool redesigns, or just envision powers in a different way, or show them off with cooler aesthetics than they had in the show.

I really loved the mobile game for awhile (but then realized it was too much of a money grab to get the characters you wanted or the ones that were top tier leveled up enough to compete).

I've always wanted a LEGIT power ranger fighting game, but unfortunately it's a franchise that seems doomed to always have these type of cartoony or half ass cash grab games. =/

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It's really a shame, cause power rangers is such a cool fucking franchise and you could have all kinds of rangers and monsters as fighters. It's also a way to make old characters cool to new fans and give not liked characters cool redesigns, or just envision powers in a different way, or show them off with cooler aesthetics than they had in the show.

I really loved the mobile game for awhile (but then realized it was too much of a money grab to get the characters you wanted or the ones that were top tier leveled up enough to compete).

I've always wanted a LEGIT power ranger fighting game, but unfortunately it's a franchise that seems doomed to always have these type of cartoony or half ass cash grab games. =/
I feel the same way, they could make a really decent fighting game with that franchise. I would love to see a 3D fighter and even a 2D one without tag teams. With all the different power rangers there are, this could be really epic if executed well.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I feel the same way, they could make a really decent fighting game with that franchise. I would love to see a 3D fighter and even a 2D one without tag teams. With all the different power rangers there are, this could be really epic if executed well.
I would LOOOOOVE a 2D PR game! Think how badass it could be with NRS level graphics. And you wouldn't have to have the bone breaking or fatalities (cause PR doesn't like their characters dying either, just like DC) because they've already done games like that in Injustice.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Ugh, I hate to say this because I wish it weren't true, but a new IP fighting game is going to struggle unless it's revolutionary.

Fighting games are already niche as it is so people only really buy new fighters if they're closely tied to an old franchise (even Skull Girls was made with MvC2 and the FGC closely in mind).

The next new American IP fighting game that will actually be successful will be what RIOT Games is cooking up with the developers from Rising Thunder (Seth Killian ect). This is literally just because it's RIOT Games too.

I wish fighting games were as popular as shooters...

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I just watched the second trailer and it seems they polished the models way more, so you know what I'm hopeful for this.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So I was just reading a bit more about it on their website and a couple news articles and have deemed that there IS online vs other players (thank god it's not just a story mode game) and that you will choose teams of 3 characters similar to DBFZ (the game it compared it to, I've never played it). Sounds kinda like MvC type of fighter to me.

I noticed this (the 3v3) in the trailer when I watched it again too. Guess I didn't pay attention much the first time lmao

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So I was just reading a bit more about it on their website and a couple news articles and have deemed that there IS online vs other players (thank god it's not just a story mode game) and that you will choose teams of 3 characters similar to DBFZ (the game it compared it to, I've never played it). Sounds kinda like MvC type of fighter to me.

I noticed this (the 3v3) in the trailer when I watched it again too. Guess I didn't pay attention much the first time lmao
it has potential. If it has interesting mechanics and it's challenging, the FGC community will flock to it.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's a shame people are still shit talking this so hard, it's a real deal fighter from some community minded people who want to make it tournament caliber. They've got justin wong consulting. It's going to be legit.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want this to be good so so so damn bad.

My fingers are crossed for Lord Zedd, and for skins or armor from the first movie. Ala the ninja suits from the island and that siiiiick high definition armor rather than just the regular costumes. I've wanted to see Green Ranger versions of them for literally ever.